Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Kaliyev next to Stutzle has the potential to become a duo for the next 10 years. Their skills perfectly compliment each other.

Sort of like a bootleg McDavid-Draisaitl.

If you have a shot at that for cheap you take it all day.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Right so I’m just hoping most of these rumours with 1sts + ostapchuk ++ have no truth to them.
I’d still like to acquire him. But for a reasonable price.
Like I posted before chychrun, forsberg, 2nd/4th is more than fair.

This was never a rumour. It came from a Twitter user who mistook a prediction on Reddit for a rumour. That's where Ostapchuk's name came from.

Reactions: Icelevel

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
We also need a big shot. Norris was one of our most dangerous weapons on the team because of his shot. It put fear in goalies and defences. Now that is in jeopardy with his injuries.

Our other big shot in Chychrun is most likely gone.

So that leaves Pinto I guess and that's not enough.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He's 22 plenty of room to improve and it's not like he has utterly failed as an NHLer so far, mostly been buried on lower lines on a veteran heavy playoff team.

And that's the thing thing about complimentary players they bring out the best in each other.
He can’t skate, and is never going to be able too

He can’t last in a role because he can’t keep up.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Kaliyev is basically just Kubalik except slower.
tenor.gif

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
He can’t skate, and is never going to be able too

He can’t last in a role because he can’t keep up.
That's a fair concern, but I think his skating problems are more that he gets gassed when he goes full tilt than being a bad skater.

Which is definitely concerning, but hopefully something he gets better at. And Stutzle skates enough for two people.

They are obviously different caliber players, but how often did we see Heatley go full blast with his skating? He mostly used his positioning, body, passing, instincts, and shot to be a threat while Spezza and Alfredsson carried the puck.

It's worth a shot to see if Kaliyev can play that role, especially since he will be cheap. Asymmetrical risk and reward.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Depending on the price, I think Kaliyev could be a fantastic addition.

I think he’s in a similar situation as Ty Dellandrea, who was just traded for a 4th. If that’s the acquisition cost, I do that.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I’d be pretty upset if we don’t pick at 7 (or 12 if we trade back with Philly). Getting an extended Ullmark would be great, but those picks better not be involved.

Dorian tried that lol
No he didn’t. He got league worst goalies.

The only average goalie he got was Murray but he couldn’t stay healthy

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Kaliyev next to Stutzle has the potential to become a duo for the next 10 years. Their skills perfectly compliment each other.

Sort of like a bootleg McDavid-Draisaitl.

If you have a shot at that for cheap you take it all day.
They better have a selkie winner on the other side

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He's 22 plenty of room to improve and it's not like he has utterly failed as an NHLer so far, mostly been buried on lower lines on a veteran heavy playoff team.

And that's the thing thing about complimentary players they bring out the best in each other.
Well lots of players have time to improve at 22. But he hasn’t improved since junior. And he’s lethargic and disengaged. No desire to have him on our team

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Well lots of players have time to improve at 22. But he hasn’t improved since junior. And he’s lethargic and disengaged. No desire to have him on our team
Oh yea he cracked a conservative defensive minded NHL playoff team at 20 and stayed up because he is lethargic and disengaged.

Kaliyev is a smart player including defensively, he is also a big body and on Ottawa would be one of hardest forwards to take the puck off in the corners. Who needs that?

But sure he's Kubalik 2.0.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad