Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Starting to think the extension is going to be the dealbreaker and we go elsewhere. The guy signed for 5 million AAV during the pandemic. Since then the cap has gone up and he won a Vezina. Do the math.

I just have a hard time seeing him getting less than 7 mil per year with the Sens, but we’ll see. It’s going to be a long 7 days.

Brucr mentioned the Bruins want a centre, so a Necas/Ullmark swap wouldn’t surprise me.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Starting to think the extension is going to be the dealbreaker and we go elsewhere. The guy signed for 5 million AAV during the pandemic. Since then the cap has gone up and he won a Vezina. Do the math.

I just have a hard time seeing him getting less than 7 mil per year with the Sens, but we’ll see. It’s going to be a long 7 days.

Brucr mentioned the Bruins want a centre, so a Necas/Ullmark swap wouldn’t surprise me.
If there's any doubt at all then we shouldn't be trading a 2024 pick for a guy who could change his mind before July 1.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
July 1st doesn’t matter. If he wants to extend with us they can make a handshake deal today.

Exactly.

We see this all the time. Teams get the perimeter of a deal down, and then sign it July 1st.

One thing to consider, Ullmark has a 1M bonus this season. It is likely due on July 1st. The Bruins are a big money team, so I doubt they care that much - but it is probably a consideration.

Oct 10, 2010

Necas for Ullmark would surprise me a little bit I don’t think Carolina has to money to sign Necas, which is probably the main reason he’s on the market - So doubt they could afford Ullmark long-term.

When he’s moved it will be for futures and or cheap players that fit the budget I think.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Unless Andersen cannot get back to form did to his clotting issues, Carolina does not need a goalie. They already have a tandem..

If Boston wants Necas, trading Ullmark for picks+prospects gives them ammo to go after him or another player. Unless Carolina wants a hockey trade.

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
If Ullmark turns out to be Korpi 2.0 we are screwed for years
I think the worst case scenario for Ullmark is he comes here and he’s average. There’s no track record that could suggest he’d suddenly turn into the worst goalie in the league, it’d have to be an unforeseen decline which seems unlikely in the span of four months.

Reactions: Icelevel

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I think the worst case scenario for Ullmark is he comes here and he’s average. There’s no track record that could suggest he’d suddenly turn into the worst goalie in the league, it’d have to be an unforeseen decline which seems unlikely in the span of four months.
I also think its our Dmen and overall defensive zone strategy..We need Green to do an overhaul on how we play in our own end

Reactions: WallyD

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I also think its our Dmen and overall defensive zone strategy..We need Green to do an overhaul on how we play in our own end
We definitely need to be better defensively but honestly Korpi was pretty good at making tough saves, that was never his problem. If Ullmark can stop the easy shots and the first shot of the game it would go a long way lol.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Well Ullmark has years of being a great goalie. Korpisalo had 30 games of it and Dorion was convinced that was a better sample size than the other 90% of his career.

Having read a little on the Bruins board, they're also frustrated with Ullmark's playoff performances and directly blame him for multiple playoff series losses.

I still view Ullmark as a gamble for us. I'd rather target Saros. After the DeBrincat and Chychrun trades, we need to get this right.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Having read a little on the Bruins board, they're also frustrated with Ullmark's playoff performances and directly blame him for multiple playoff series losses.

I still view Ullmark as a gamble for us. I'd rather target Saros. After the DeBrincat and Chychrun trades, we need to get this right.
He’s played 10 playoff games lol.

Anyway, I don’t think he was very good against Florida last year when they blew the 3-1 lead.

But I also don’t think Skinner has been very good for some of these playoffs, or Bobrovsky for that matter, and both are almost 1 win away from a Stanley cup. There’s a difference between some inconsistency and being just plain bad, like basically all our goalies since Anderson.

He’s honestly probably as good a goalie as we can hope to get via trade right now. You want a guy like Swayman, you gotta find him in the draft. Even someone like Saros comes with risk when you consider contract and he hasn’t exactly been great in the playoffs either.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Our defense stinks.
Definitely need a huge upgrade on the second pair via a big 6’3”+ elite RHD to play with chabot(who might just be a temporary place holder)

And then we need Kleven (6’4”) and guenette (6’3”) to play great together on the bottom pair.
I like those two but have to see a lot more obviously. Guenette probably needs to be replaced but I’m not sticking with brannstrom (5’9”) or jbd (6’0” unless he takes some steps this off season and plays better with Kleven)

Reactions: SensFactor

FrozenKing18

Where is my super suit?
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Hi Sens fans, i’ve just been reading a bit around of what your guys needs are and reading a lot about a top 4 D as one of them. Hypothetically, if the Kings did a sign and trade for Matt Roy, would Roy+ suffice to get Batherson to the Kings? Kings need a right shot winger to replace Arvidsson. Though i’m not sure if the Sens are open to trading Batherson and also of course, you could go after Roy if the talks with re-signing with the Kings fall apart.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Hi Sens fans, i’ve just been reading a bit around of what your guys needs are and reading a lot about a top 4 D as one of them. Hypothetically, if the Kings did a sign and trade for Matt Roy, would Roy+ suffice to get Batherson to the Kings? Kings need a right shot winger to replace Arvidsson. Though i’m not sure if the Sens are open to trading Batherson and also of course, you could go after Roy if the talks with re-signing with the Kings fall apart.

lol the going rate for a pending UFA's rights is usually a 4th or 5th round pick. So no, you aren't getting Drake Batherson lol

Reactions: Sensators

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I think I've seen people suggest Joseph for Kaliyev as a trade before.

Joseph is more of the type of bottom 6 player we need, but maybe our pro scouts think Kaliyev still has potential to develop into a top 6 guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad