Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm surprised some people are apprehensive on Ullmark the player. He played very well on Buffalo and Boston's defense is good but not as good as everyone thinks. I was upset when the rumours came out that we were targetting Murray, but Ullmark is a great player. The contract and acquisition cost on the other hand might be something to groan about.

Well, he is 30. A new contract kicks in when he turns 32. A 5 or 6 year deal feels risky. How is he going to look 2-3 years into that deal?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Chychrun under contract with no trade protection asking to be traded to a certain team, not sure that’s how things work :laugh:
Well chychrun’s sure. He’ll tell you how it works ok?
Like he told stutzle and chabot when he first got here (remember him yelling at them in his first few games here? Rest of the team did not look impressed)

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Small sample size. And really, other than Vasilevskiy, all the recent cup winning goalies had ups and downs.
I think we’re making excuses now. He’s not a slam dunk proven starter with playoff success.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
No excuses, just facts.

There are no slam dunk proven starters with playoff success available. Turning your wheels because you can’t find a Shesterkin to trade for is what will leave you in the goalie graveyard forever.
Right so I’m just hoping most of these rumours with 1sts + ostapchuk ++ have no truth to them.
I’d still like to acquire him. But for a reasonable price.
Like I posted before chychrun, forsberg, 2nd/4th is more than fair.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Ullmark is a good goalie. Better then Korpi. We're gonna see Ullmark get lit up just like every other goalie we've had for the last decade minus Anderson. Good goalie looking great behind a great team.

This is gonna be another horrible trade. Just another Chychrun and Debrincat trade.

We need a RD and a better bottom 6, all while having better coaching.

:thumbd::thumbd::thumbd:

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Ullmark is a good goalie. Better then Korpi. We're gonna see Ullmark get lit up just like every other goalie we've had for the last decade minus Anderson. Good goalie looking great behind a great team.

This is gonna be another horrible trade. Just another Chychrun and Debrincat trade.

I don't think he's even in the same sentence as guys like Korpisalo or Forsberg or whatever other shitbirds we had...however, we do need a major defence overhaul, which I'm sure they're looking at.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

If it comes with an extension it’s already completely different trade than Chychrun or Debrincat

Goaltending is, without a doubt, the biggest need on the team.

A RD will take care of itself July 1st, and the bottom 6 will sort itself out over the next while, possibly in a Chychrun trade, or even the Ullmark trade.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
IMG_8499.jpeg

It’s kind of hard to keep up with this. I guess going from 7 to 12 with Philly is for a player, not a pick (or maybe a pick and player?)

Anyway the good news is it doesn’t seem set that we’re trading our pick. As long as it’s not that, I’m ok with giving up a good package.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I think people are underestimating how good a goalie Ullmark is

I don't think that's happening at all. His regular season stats look good. His playoff stats though?? Mind you the sample size isn't great, but Bruins fans definitely don't feel confident with Ullmark in the playoffs. That's a legit concern.

For our fanbase, getting to the playoffs is probably good enough for now.

Reactions: Icelevel

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
People are really hung up on trading Ostapchuk for an actual, honest to god legitimate Vezina winning #1 goalie? Zack is a decent prospect, but come on folks.
He’s our top prospect. The point is we have other players with value we need to move and later picks with value(not 1sts) that should be enough to land Ullmark.

Reactions: h2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad