Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Friedman seems to be tip toeing around Boston not getting what they’re asking for so let’s really hope it’s not our first.
I'm listening to this now and Friedman is saying that he isn't sure if Ullmark is even interested in extending with Ottawa at all. Naturally the Senators are probably not willing to pay a high price for a rental.

That's why the price might have to come down. Doesn't sound like there are a lot of other serious suitors.

Reactions: PlayOn

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
arthur-kaliyev-2024-40 (1).jpg

Don't know about his on ice play but lethargic isn't the word that comes to mind when I see this guy. He kind of looks like Mike Babcock Jr.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
As mentioned above--he did great when coaching coached. When put up the lineup with dudes who complement his weaknesses, he thrived. Imagine looking at these numbers and banishing him:

View attachment 883729

View attachment 883731

View attachment 883733

You don't think it's a coaching problem that he can skate around with a fellow youngster in the top six to the tune of controlling 2/3 of play and 100% of the GF share...and then gets literally benched?

You don't think it's a coaching problem that a line practically tailor-made for him in Danault and Moore can dominate even against hard competition and dzone starts...and then put him back with PLD?

You don't think it's a coaching problem that his metrics suffered when he got jammed back with the guys that can't gain a zone entry, sustain a forecheck, and have the lowest shooting % and save % on the team, and the solution is to bench him instead of move him back to success?

even with that banishment his metrics and xGF were tops on the team, and that's while playing most of his time with the guys at the bottom of the chart.

View attachment 883754

Sure, he has to perform, and a goal scorer needs to score more goals. But there's this growing misconception that he's some ineffective floater and strange pushback to the idea that his usage is a problem, people are trying to blame him more than the org and I don't like it, especially given what the actual data says (and, to me, it reinforces the eye test). I'm not just gonna sit here and let outsiders pretend Kaliyev sucks more than the organization's usage of him.

The argument is just a nebulous "he doesn't fit" which is MUCH more of an indictment of the Kings than him and the people that are making it are going to look f***ing stupid next year.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I'm listening to this now and Friedman is saying that he isn't sure if Ullmark is even interested in extending with Ottawa at all. Naturally the Senators are probably not willing to pay a high price for a rental.

That's why the price might have to come down. Doesn't sound like there are a lot of other serious suitors.
Without an extension, he's worth a 2nd. That's about it.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Oh yea he cracked a conservative defensive minded NHL playoff team at 20 and stayed up because he is lethargic and disengaged.

Kaliyev is a smart player including defensively, he is also a big body and on Ottawa would be one of hardest forwards to take the puck off in the corners. Who needs that?

But sure he's Kubalik 2.0.
Sure. Maybe. We will see if we acquire.

Playoff stats don’t look good. Kinda guy that will get quickly benched in any tough game. I’m sure he can put up some ok numbers regular season

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
I'm surprised some people are apprehensive on Ullmark the player. He played very well on Buffalo and Boston's defense is good but not as good as everyone thinks. I was upset when the rumours came out that we were targetting Murray, but Ullmark is a great player. The contract and acquisition cost on the other hand might be something to groan about.
I think a lot of has to do with Sens fans just being apprehensive about bringing on a new Goalie and signing them to a new big-ticket contract. The wounds are still very fresh from Korps and then you don't have to go too far back to see past history (Matt Murray).

Ullmark certainly seems like a much better bet than Korps or Murray but to call him a legit bonafide #1 Goalie, can be considered a bit of a stretch.
His GAA and Save % numbers have been good to very good throughout his career, but he really only has one year that he was the true# 1 Goalie. He was the back-up in Buffalo and he has been in a very evenly split tandem with Swayman in Boston. The one year that he was the #1, he played in 49 games. That was 22-23 when he went 40-6-1, which is an absolutely amazing season, but I think it needs to be mentioned that in his 9 seasons in the NHL, he has been the #1 Goalie (in terms of minutes and games played) once:

1719074500614.png

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018

Lavoie said Vegas both goalie on the market, to go after Ullmark. Said Sweeney don’t want to trade Ullmark in the same division

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Oh yea he cracked a conservative defensive minded NHL playoff team at 20 and stayed up because he is lethargic and disengaged.

Kaliyev is a smart player including defensively, he is also a big body and on Ottawa would be one of hardest forwards to take the puck off in the corners. Who needs that?

The comparison is laughable.

Reactions: kinghock and DJB

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

He was healthy scratched and benched numerous times this year.

Reactions: NB613 and DJB

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Just been informed that Linus Ullmark has officially waived his NTC to go to Ottawa. No trade or extension has been filed.

I'm guessing this is to get things done quickly if(when) Boston/Ottawa reach a deal and if(when) Ottawa/Ullmark reach an extension.

Also been informed that 6 teams reached out to the league to see which teams were on his NT list. Remember, no one wants another Dadonov situation.

The Bruins insider with this update moments ago

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
The Bruins insider with this update moments ago

He claims his source works for Andlauer and Staois, which is notable.

Seems like he's built a reputation for having Bruins intel, but this information would presumably be coming from a completely different, and perhaps less reliable, source.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Kaliyev is the better shot and actually shoots it. At 22 years old, he's got potential to boom as a steady 20/25 goal scorer when he's 25/26.

That does kind of sound like Kubalik.

Personally, I have no interest in Kaliyev. If it's a low cost flyer, fine. But we're talking about a very limited player who'd be, at most, a second PP shooter for us. I could easily see him being on waivers this season.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I think a lot of has to do with Sens fans just being apprehensive about bringing on a new Goalie and signing them to a new big-ticket contract. The wounds are still very fresh from Korps and then you don't have to go too far back to see past history (Matt Murray).

Ullmark certainly seems like a much better bet than Korps or Murray but to call him a legit bonafide #1 Goalie, can be considered a bit of a stretch.
His GAA and Save % numbers have been good to very good throughout his career, but he really only has one year that he was the true# 1 Goalie. He was the back-up in Buffalo and he has been in a very evenly split tandem with Swayman in Boston. The one year that he was the #1, he played in 49 games. That was 22-23 when he went 40-6-1, which is an absolutely amazing season, but I think it needs to be mentioned that in his 9 seasons in the NHL, he has been the #1 Goalie (in terms of minutes and games played) once:

View attachment 885700
Not true. He was his teams #1 in 19-20, 20-21, and 22-23. In two of those years, he played more than half of the season and in the other he was the clear top option (in performance and starts/minutes)

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
You wouldn’t ask your player to waive unless you had an agreed to deal. Not sure why the Bruins insider is saying it’s dependent on whether a trade is now worked out.

I understand working out the extension though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad