Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
Not very good at what? He's a defensive defenceman & what does Ott need? Do they need an offensive defenceman at RD or a defensive defenceman at RD? They are pursuing Tanev who is a defensive defenceman so it's clear what they think they need on the backend.

The Sanderson - Zub pairing seems to work well so what they need is a defensive defenceman to play with the offensive defenceman Chabot. Tanev would be great & they still might get him & his brother, but if they cannot get him & they have to stay under the cap Peeke could be a decent consolation prize. And Peeke is affordable especially if Forsberg goes the other way given they make the same amount. It would also allow Ott to make other moves with the assets they have & the cap space they may have.

Completely agree.
Defending, mainly. I think he's just alright without
the puck and absolutely abysmal with it. As a #6 I think he'd be alright but I'd rather look elsewhere, especially for almost $3m.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This is way too much historically for a goalie. What else are we getting back. I think Peeke makes some sense, but is Boston throwing in something extra....as @ottawagm said, they should also be taking back Forsberg.
I guess it depends on which goalie,

Anderssen, Kuemper, Jones and Lehner all got late round firsts, and usually a plus,

I think Ulmarks closest parallel out of them is Kuemper who got the first plus Timmons and a third but didn't include an extension.

Then there's guys like Varlamov and Schneider who got very good 1st round picks, but were younger.

I think Ulmarks fall between the two, more valuable than a Kuemper rental, less than a young Varlamov or Schneider.

Chychrun's value is a bit of an unknown, I personally think a late first plus, that plus might be a pick or prospect or a useful but not great roster player

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Defending, mainly. I think he's just alright without
the puck and absolutely abysmal with it. As a #6 I think he'd be alright but I'd rather look elsewhere, especially for almost $3m.
Peeke makes $2.750 exactly what Forsberg makes who I hope they are including in any trade for a goalie. He doesn't need to be great with the puck, he needs to get it to Chabot who is the $8 mil defenceman who needs to be good with the puck. Peeke needs to be good at clearing the front of the net, winning board battles & playing on the PK.

The problem is that many want another top 4 RD who is a PMD & point producer (more of the same) & clearly that is not what management want given their pursuit of Tanev a defensive defenceman for the most part. This is the conundrum, do they require an offensive RD to add pts or a defensive RD to prevent the goals against, you could argue either side.

Reactions: Alex1234

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
This is way too much historically for a goalie. What else are we getting back. I think Peeke makes some sense, but is Boston throwing in something extra....as @ottawagm said, they should also be taking back Forsberg.

Ottawa
Ullmark
Peeke

Boston
Forsberg
25th overall
Chychrun

I am not even sure if I would do this from Ottawa's perspective.
Still looks like too much. Change all these 25th overalls to the second rounder although that might not even make much difference. Idk

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
That does kind of sound like Kubalik.

Personally, I have no interest in Kaliyev. If it's a low cost flyer, fine. But we're talking about a very limited player who'd be, at most, a second PP shooter for us. I could easily see him being on waivers this season.

Yeah they're both "goal-scorers" but one is a floater with a good one-timer, the other forechecks and is hard to play along the boards on top of the better shooting.

If both Vegas goalies are in the market just hold out and either get Ullmark for cheap or get one of Thompson/Hill on a 3 year deal

Good idea, and probably cheaper.

I just want this trade to be over so I can stop worrying about whether or not we'll have our first or not ...

If the 7th is moved for Ullmark....I lose faith in Staois.
The 25th and 2nd rounder are up for grabs.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I'd do Chychrun + Forsberg + 2025 2nd for Ullmark + Lauko (small piece) for an unsigned Ullmark. I would want a bigger piece than Lauko if they want 25OA instead.
Similar to my thoughts but I’d also make 39OV available, maybe with Boston sending back a 4th or 5th

If both Vegas goalies are in the market just hold out and either get Ullmark for cheap or get one of Thompson/Hill on a 3 year deal
If Vegas is in heavy on Ullmark, it may be in both Vegas’ and Boston’s best interest to involve Ottawa & Thompson/Hill (likely Hill)

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
Peeke makes $2.750 exactly what Forsberg makes who I hope they are including in any trade for a goalie. He doesn't need to be great with the puck, he needs to get it to Chabot who is the $8 mil defenceman who needs to be good with the puck. Peeke needs to be good at clearing the front of the net, winning board battles & playing on the PK.

The problem is that many want another top 4 RD who is a PMD & point producer (more of the same) & clearly that is not what management want given their pursuit of Tanev a defensive defenceman for the most part. This is the conundrum, do they require an offensive RD to add pts or a defensive RD to prevent the goals against, you could argue either side.

I expect Forsberg's salary and whatever cap is opened up from buying out Korpisalo will be going towards Ullmark, if the reported asking salary is true.

That said, just because I don't want Peeke it doesn't mean I'm against a defensive defenseman. I just want someone who is more competent with the puck. I'd much prefer Tanev over Peeke, in the short term, at least in a top 4 role.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Where is this coming from?
On the Philly board there is guy who thinks we are trading Pinto because we are mad about him holding out (which didn't happen) and the suspension (which we aren't) and the Chychrun is a right D. Things get made up all the time.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

Chabot is abysmal in front ofthe net
Thats why they are pursuing Tanev, one of the best defender D, rightfully so

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Chabot is abysmal in front ofthe net
Thats why they are pursuing Tanev, one of the best defender D, rightfully so
Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying to include Peeke in a deal if they can't make a deal for Tanev to acquire a defensive defenceman to play with Chabot. And I have no interest in Lauko, reminds me too much of Kubalik.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying to include Peeke in a deal if they can't make a deal for Tanev to acquire a defensive defenceman to play with Chabot. And I have no interest in Lauko, reminds me too much of Kubalik.
Lauko is a 4th line banger, agitator and middleweight fighter. Not really similar to Kubalik in any way.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Well, I mean there is zero chance Staios moves the 7th for Ullmark lol. Less than zero.
I agree. Where in my post did you see that I thought that the 7th overall should be included?

Read the 2nd sentence of my post & think about it for a couple of seconds. That’s what my post was about.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
With the caveat that he would need to sign and rescind his college commitment, I wonder if Staois is poking around on a 7th for McGroatry (+?) deal.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
That would be an interesting option, though I'm not familiar enough with him to know if he's worth 7oa.
I would hope for more based on the context but he has developed really well and seems like a very driven, charismatic, likeable guy and natural leader. Plays the way you need to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad