Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
You wouldn’t ask your player to waive unless you had an agreed to deal. Not sure why the Bruins insider is saying it’s dependent on whether a trade is now worked out.

I understand working out the extension though
Do we know if this Boston insider is legit or not?

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Do we know if this Boston insider is legit or not?

Their board and mods are treating him as if he's legit, but he's said his source works for Andlauer and Staois, which suggest wherever he's getting this information is not where he usually gets his Boston intel.

This is him on Twitter - x.com

Last edited:

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Their board and mods are treating him as if he's legit, but he's said his source works for Andlauer and Staois, which suggest wherever he's getting this information is not where he usually gets his Boston intel.

It would be pretty remarkable to have two different sources for two different organizations. Pretty awesome if true

Reactions: NB613

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
You wouldn’t ask your player to waive unless you had an agreed to deal. Not sure why the Bruins insider is saying it’s dependent on whether a trade is now worked out.

I think that’s mainly the case if the player doesn’t know you’re trying to move them. In this case Ullmark knows he’s gone, so Sweeney asking ahead makes sense. If he’d been given a hard no, why bother discussing it with Staios.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Why would you waste time finalizing a deal if you don't know the guy will waive?

Just seems like a recipe for getting bent over

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If Staois could find a way to grab both Ullmark G & Peeke RD out of Bost in one trade he would fix two problems with one deal. Clearly Chychrun LD is our biggest chip & a player that would fit into Bost top 4 & it might require that the 25th OA also be included. Ottawa would also want to include one of their goalies going the other way to balnace out the money & Forsberg seems like the guy to go.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
If Staois could find a way to grab both Ullmark G & Peeke RD out of Bost in one trade he would fix two problems with one deal. Clearly Chychrun LD is our biggest chip & a player that would fit into Bost top 4 & it might require that the 25th OA also be included. Ottawa would also want to include one of their goalies going the other way to balnace out the money & Forsberg seems like the guy to go.
Is peeke good enough?

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
Hard pass on Peeke. He's big but he's not very good.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Is peeke good enough?
Depends? He could be good enough defensively to be a good partner for Chabot & allow Chabot to do his thing offensively. What do we need on D? Another good offensive D or a good defensive D? Seems to me in their pursuit of Tanev that they want a good defensive RD, maybe that's Peeke if they can't get Tanev. I'm just not sure I want to give up either of the two 1st rd picks.

Reactions: Icelevel

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

In fairness. Most of us didn’t have high hopes for him when he got to Boston, but in the right role (4/5) defensive defenseman with some physicality, he surprised a lot of us.

He’s not super skilled, but he plays tough in front of the net, blocks shots and does a decent job of getting the puck up ice.

He’s not a guy you build your defense around, but in the right system and in the right role he can be pretty effective.

Plus he’s only 26 and a lot of defensemen come into their own in their late 20’s.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Depends? He could be good enough defensively to be a good partner for Chabot & allow Chabot to do his thing offensively. What do we need on D? Another good offensive D or a good defensive D? Seems to me in their pursuit of Tanev that they want a good defensive RD, maybe that's Peeke if they can't get Tanev. I'm just not sure I want to give up either of the two 1st rd picks.
Strong NO to trading our #7 pick this draft.

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
Chychrun and 25th overall
This is way too much historically for a goalie. What else are we getting back. I think Peeke makes some sense, but is Boston throwing in something extra....as @ottawagm said, they should also be taking back Forsberg.

Ottawa
Ullmark
Peeke

Boston
Forsberg
25th overall
Chychrun

I am not even sure if I would do this from Ottawa's perspective.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix and Icelevel

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Not very good at what? He's a defensive defenceman & what does Ott need? Do they need an offensive defenceman at RD or a defensive defenceman at RD? They are pursuing Tanev who is a defensive defenceman so it's clear what they think they need on the backend.

The Sanderson - Zub pairing seems to work well so what they need is a defensive defenceman to play with the offensive defenceman Chabot. Tanev would be great & they still might get him & his brother, but if they cannot get him & they have to stay under the cap Peeke could be a decent consolation prize. And Peeke is affordable especially if Forsberg goes the other way given they make the same amount. It would also allow Ott to make other moves with the assets they have & the cap space they may have.

Strong NO to trading our #7 pick this draft.
Completely agree.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
That is hefty. Holy cow.
Yeah, I think a proper return is Chychrun + 2nd.

But I am not a fan of Chych and I like Ullmark, and we desperately need goaltending. So if this is the deal I can live with it.

It is funny though, because essentially we turned DeBrincat AND Chychrun and the 78 picks we gave up for them into Ullmark lmao.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Boston fans are saying Bussi is ready to play, so if Boston doesn’t want Forsberg and assuming he is movable elsewhere, I think it would be better to ask Boston for some retention on Ullmark next year. We can really use any cap savings we can get. Even if it’s like 1 million, it’s cheaper for them than taking on Forsberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad