Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Also I can’t imagine that Korpisalo is not working his butt off to come back and have his best season to date.
I like the idea of having him back for another chance and almost ideal if he’s behind or next to a guy like Ullmark where if he fails again he can be used as the backup otherwise like I’m expecting they can push each other and have a bit more of a 1a 1b

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
While Ullmark apparently won't waive to go to Toronto, if you're Boston, wouldn't you rather send him to Ottawa?

We haven't made the playoffs in 7 years or whatever. They face Toronto almost every year. Toronto's major weakness has been goaltending. Do they really want to solve that for Toronto?

Something around 7 for 12+32 and 12 for Ullmark would be a lot more palatable if Philadelphia takes Korpisalo, even if we have to kick in another asset, or if we have to do something like take Cal Petersen's 1 year contract to offset Korpisalo.
If Toronto has Ullmark, they win the series. Has to be a serious consideration for Boston's FO.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
If we're already at the extension phase then I wonder if the trade is already agreed upon. That insider guy did say we wanted to talk extension first.
I think the tweet meant that the trade may end up contingent on the extension. As in, we wouldn't give Boston the return they want unless Ullmark extends with us.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
He is suggesting a 3 way with the Flyers

Ott: 12 + pick (m guessing 32)
Phi: 7

Ott: Ullmark, Lauko
Bos: 12 + player

From what he is saying

That seems way too expensive to me. We can’t afford to move off that #7 since we haven’t had a first in 4 years?

Really not a fan of any trade involving seven. All of the unsubstantiated chatter would suggest Staois is about to get destroyed on value.

Also, it's funny to me that Lauko is being identified. Talk about an asset that doesn't move the needle in trade of this magnitude.

Last edited:

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
Moving down from 7 to 12 for 32 seems about right value wise, so it boils down to who the Sens want. They may have an unconventional guy at 7 on their list, or intel that their guy could still be there at 12. They might really like Yakemchuk or Parekh and feel they'll still be there.

I honestly think there are about 6 guys that could go 7th or 12th and not blink an eye.
I know you're probably correct. But, man, I really don't want to see Staios go with an unconventional pick. Sens need a home run this year.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
He is suggesting a 3 way with the Flyers

Ott: 12 + pick (m guessing 32)
Phi: 7

Ott: Ullmark, Lauko
Bos: 12 + player

From what he is saying

That seems way too expensive to me. We can’t afford to move off that #7 since we haven’t had a first in 4 years?

I think all of that makes sense ONLY if someone takes on Korpisalo's contract as part of the deal(s).

Arogie

Jun 24, 2019
Probably knows our defence isn't great and doesn't want to have a down year in a contract year without an extension in place. Can't really blame him.
Can he sign a contract right now or must he wait until July 1st?

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Why waive to a place on your NMC unless you wanted to sign
Because he sees Ottawa as a place that will automatically make him the starting goalie and he’ll get a bigger oppurtunity to get a bigger payday.

If he waives for somewhere like Toronto there’s a decent chance he shares the net with Woll and is seen as expandable.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Korpisalo makes $4 mil & Ullmark makes $5 mil, it makes no sense to have $9 mil tied up in two goalies. They have to find a partner to take a bad contract from us in Korpisalo & we take a bad contract back. Philly have two bad contracts in Johanson C ($4 mil) & Atkinson RW ($5.875 mil) which they want to move although both those contracts are for only 1 more yr whereas Korpisalo has 4 yrs left on his deal. Philly could use an upgrade in net though & there have been rumours they are interested in Joseph & could use some depth on defence given both Johnston & Staal are likely both done. If Ott does not re-sign Kelly & buyout Hamonic they save almost $2 mil.

To Philly: Korpisalo G. Joseph LW/RW & Brannstrom LD ($8.950 mil out)
To Ott: 51st OA, Johansen C & Atkinson RW ($9.875 mil in) - difference $.925K)

To Bost: Chychrun LD & Forsberg G ($7.350 mil out) - (25th???)
To Ott: Ullmark G & Peeke RD ($7.750 mil in) - difference $.4K

UFA: Hellberg G

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - Pinto - Giroux
Greig - Johansen - Atkinson - if Ott does not make playoffs trade Johansen & Atkinson at TD
Ostapchuk - Kastelic - MacEwan - $55

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Peeke
Kleven - JBD - $25

Ullmark - Hellberg - $6 = $86 mil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad