Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Can bring in a load of players for that role, absolutely

I'm not disputing bringing in a guy for that role, I'm disputing that we need to bring in a guy like Tanev for that role because of an intangible benifit of making the team play the right way.

I'm perfectly fine moving Joseph, I don't think Tanev is an upgrade, but that's a personal opinion

If we are able to move Joseph's 3 million, the last thing I'd want to do is trade for and spend that much needed space + more on a guy we have on the 4th line

He's Chris Tanev's brother, that is the predominant factor
I thin Tanev is a 3rd line winger on the Sens.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Tanev makes too much but he's an effective player. Would really improve our bottom 6 and it would be nice to have someone on the 3rd or 4th line that can actually chip in with some goals.

Add in the fact that if we trade for him, it probably means we get Chris as well, so totally worth it imo.

Oct 10, 2010
Brandon Tanev plays with heart and feistiness is he worth the 3.5M nope but he’s a veteran who has won and is kinda of heart a soul guy that’s got some speed and the ability to PK.

If Chris signs here i think it’s worth it.

Reactions: gab6511 and Daffy

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Tanev makes too much but he's an effective player. Would really improve our bottom 6 and it would be nice to have someone on the 3rd or 4th line that can actually chip in with some goals.

Add in the fact that if we trade for him, it probably means we get Chris as well, so totally worth it imo.
I think C Tanev is going to re up with Dallas.

Reactions: Samboni

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
If the acquisition price isn't that bad, get Tanev, especially since he'll be cheaper to extend.

The reason Tanev might be cheaper to extend is because Joseph is more valuable (younger/faster/more skilled/similar strenghts). Having 2 more years on his deal is also a big plus. Which is why it's puzzling in the first place to swap him for Tanev.

I imagine there would be more to it.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The reason Tanev might be cheaper to extend is because Joseph is more valuable with 2 more years on his deal. Which is why it's puzzling in the first place.
So Joseph was horrific 2 years ago, had a hot start but returned to horrific under Martin and you think he is valuable ?

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
I also keep seeing people say that Joseph is faster than Tanev. Is he? These are the next gen stats from last season (Tanev on the left, Joseph on the right).

Tanev is a top-end skater, just like Joseph. Both are in the 97th-98th percentile. You really wouldn't be sacrificing speed.

Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 12.04.14 PM.png

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Yeah I’m fine with Brandon Tanev if it leads to Chris signing here, which is still an if.

Also, Brandon still has a limited NTC so that’s still a hurdle.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Who would you target to replace Joseph, Kastelic and maybe Kachouk in the bottom 6.
Try to sign at least one, ideally 2 of Duhaime, Martinhook, Motte, Noesen, Trenin, Carrier, Janmark, Lafferty, Joshua (not happening), Blueger, Clutterbuck (1 year type thing), Foegel, Boyd, Robinson, Fischer to a deal.

Wouldn't replace Kastelic, he's perfectly fine in a 4th line/pressbox role.

Reactions: bicboi64

R2010

May 23, 2011
Try to sign at least one, ideally 2 of Duhaime, Martinhook, Motte, Noesen, Trenin, Carrier, Janmark, Lafferty, Joshua (not happening), Blueger, Clutterbuck (1 year type thing), Foegel, Boyd, Robinson, Fischer to a deal.

Wouldn't replace Kastelic, he's perfectly fine in a 4th line/pressbox role.

Noesen would be an excellent pick up.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I think C Tanev is going to re up with Dallas.
I think Dreger said that both sides want to get something done, but 1. It's Darren Dreger and 2. We hear that about almost every upcoming UFA and 90% of them make it to market. We'll see, I'd still be pleasantly surprised if we get him.

His age does worry me though. Demelo might be a safer option, but beggars can't be choosers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad