Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This sounds farfetched. A deal like this wouldn't hinge on a game 7 result. I also find it very unlikely that Ottawa would trade 3 picks in the deal, considering Staios is on record about needing to bolster the depth in our prospect pool.

Chychrun + 1st + 2nd + 3rd would be the biggest package for a goalie... maybe ever.
1719250437775.jpeg

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
The year long evaluation is finished and we have heard enough comments to know that management sees the need for a big culture change.

There is a reason names like Joseph, Kastelic, Chychrun and JBD have been mentioned. It wouldn’t shock me to see Chabot gone if Staios can find a way. This is a good core that needs to be pushed/mentored by the surrounding players so they see what they need to do. I said months ago, the changes made this offseason will be unpopular but will like make this team much better.
Based on this season's complete miss, and not ignoring same for recent seasons, I believe most fans are looking for significant moves to not only improve team on-ice performance but to change team culture. The coaching move was but one step in that direction. No matter what anybody may think about Green, change was needed, if not belated! Anything that amounts to tiny sideways moves, tinkering around the edges suggests that management doesn't think there are problems and really learned nothing in their quiet (uneventful) year of study. Many rightfully suggest a couple years are needed to recover. Let's hope some management home-runs (mixed metaphor) are hit! (unlike for the Jays of late... yikes!)

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Well, sure. The price paid does matter. I'm more meaning the assessment process though. Too many voices imo were saying to roll it back and basically hope that Korpisalo bucks his career #'s and turns in to a good, consistent goalie.

The man knows we absolutely can't go in to the season with Korpisalo or Forsberg as the #1 and that tells me he knows what the f*** is up. His comments about Korpisalo at the end of the year concerned me that he may get another chance to lead the team (and likely sink it).
That's ridiculous though (not you]. We were the WORST goaltending team in the league - or maybe 31 of 32 teams, but why would you trot back the WORST tandem? f*** that noise.

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
My sources tell me that they are changing Spartacat’s name to Spartachat to appeal to the Gatineau and Francofans.

The big holdup is all the extra dollars required to update marketing materials, websites, etc. it’s giving them paws.

Also they aren't sure if that extra letter will cause problems with the rest of the letters on the Jersey - Staios is concerned it may not be a purrfect fit.

Anyway, lots to think about with a major change like this. You can get lost in the minou-tiae of all the details.

We’ll see how it develops, but that’s all I know for meow.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
That's ridiculous though (not you]. We were the WORST goaltending team in the league - or maybe 31 of 32 teams, but why would you trot back the WORST tandem? f*** that noise.
You're telling me man! Lol. I guess the majority seem to agree an upgrade is necessary, but a lot of that chatter seemed to be resigned to getting someone for Korpisalo to pair with as a 1A/1B. I've seen more than I'm comfortable with suggest that we just have to hope for the best rolling with Korpisalo for ~40 games.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
My sources tell me that they are changing Spartacat’s name to Spartachat to appeal to the Gatineau and Francofans.

The big holdup is all the extra dollars required to update marketing materials, websites, etc. it’s giving them paws.

Also they aren't sure if that extra letter will cause problems with the rest of the letters on the Jersey - Staios is concerned it may not be a purrfect fit.

Anyway, lots to think about with a major change like this. You can get lost in the minou-tiae of all the details.

I was thinking the other day about how they will probably never bring back the Peace Tower jerseys because it would be too visually cluttered to make them bilingual.

I'm surprised they haven't made a hard rebrand to call him SPARTY since that's not a real word, except in the Czech language, where it means Sparta. He also isn't really a cat.

Reactions: JackieDaytona

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Bruce said if there was a gun to his head, he’d think the Sens will still be picking at 7. Seems he asked Staios if he’d trade back 2-3 spots if they thought the player they wanted was still available and he said that’s what they’re looking at.

Also has changed his tune on a Korpi buyout, saying if they sign Ullmark they might look into it, although 10 days ago Staios said they hadn’t discussed it. He mentioned having Kelly file for arbitration to open up a second buyout window if necessary. And he thinks a trade with retention is also possible if they are willing.

Reactions: DrEasy

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010

This aligns with the rumour I heard that the Sens were getting sponsored by ChatGPT. Expect our third jerseys next season to be cats typing at computers a la keyboard cat.

Reactions: JackieDaytona

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Bruce said if there was a gun to his head, he’d think the Sens will still be picking at 7. Seems he asked Staios if he’d trade back 2-3 spots if they thought the player they wanted was still available and he said that’s what they’re looking at.

Also has changed his tune on a Korpi buyout, saying if they sign Ullmark they might look into it, although 10 days ago Staios said they hadn’t discussed it. He mentioned having Kelly file for arbitration to open up a second buyout window if necessary. And he thinks a trade with retention is also possible if they are willing.

They also have Kachouk as a possible arbitration candidate.

There are rumblings on Twitter about Pesce going to NJD. Apparently the guy is a legit hockey guy, but I have never heard of him. I am more just bringing it up for discussion.

If they add Pesce, maybe we go after Marino if we miss out on Tanev? If I recall we were tied to Marino when he was traded by Pittsburgh. It seems like adding Pesce could make him somewhat redundant on NJD.

I'm starting to think the rumoured PHI trade has nothing directly to do with the Boston trade. Or maybe we have two different deals with PHI, one related to Boston, and then the agreement to flip picks at the draft if the proper circumstances arise for both teams.

If we are talking to Ullmark, it means the parameters of the trade are either agreed on, or they are close enough that they are just dotting the i's and crossing the t's. They aren't arguing over big main pieces, and I can't imagine they are chancing it on the right guy falling to PHI to make a2-way deal or proxy 3-way deal viable.

I'm thinking our deal with Boston is Chychrun+25 as the main pieces, and the Philadelphia 7 for 12 swap is a move to recoup that late 1st if our guy isn't there and their guy is.

As in, the Boston trade isn't relying on the PHI trade, but the PHI trade will make giving up the late 1st an easier pill for team to manage because they will recoup that pick from PHI.

Reactions: Hale The Villain

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Well, sure. The price paid does matter. I'm more meaning the assessment process though. Too many voices imo were saying to roll it back and basically hope that Korpisalo bucks his career #'s and turns in to a good, consistent goalie.

The man knows we absolutely can't go in to the season with Korpisalo or Forsberg as the #1 and that tells me he knows what the f*** is up. His comments about Korpisalo at the end of the year concerned me that he may get another chance to lead the team (and likely sink it).
Exactly! Obviously SS does not own past decisions. That all rests firmly with Dorion responsibility wise (or lack thereof). If SS assesses and doesn't action issues he perceives, then he surely assumes ownership at some point. The problems weren't created in a day, so logically they are not likely to be resolved in a day. One luxury he has is a temporary get-out-of-jail-free card, the ability to rectify past dedisions without attribution to cause. Of course he will be evaluated (deservedly) on moves he makes going forward. The only past issue he assumes ownership for should be for poor asset assessment / evalutation, or waiting too long to address issues. To repeat, I am willing to cut him a ton of slack to dig out from under the mess he inherited. Does not mean I am not watching carefully, assessing, or surrending my right to opine, positively or otherwise.

Reactions: Cosmix

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
They also have Kachouk as a possible arbitration candidate.

There are rumblings on Twitter about Pesce going to NJD. Apparently the guy is a legit hockey guy, but I have never heard of him. I am more just bringing it up for discussion.

If they add Pesce, maybe we go after Marino if we miss out on Tanev? If I recall we were tied to Marino when he was traded by Pittsburgh. It seems like adding Pesce could make him somewhat redundant on NJD.
I always wondered if Bowness wasn’t a fan and that’s why we didn’t try harder, because he would’ve known him well from Pittsburgh obviously. Garrioch at the time kind of just said they didn’t want the contract, but if you like the player it’s not a bad contract, so who knows.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Somewhat redundant is an understatement lol. They'd have Hamilton, Pesce, Nemec and Marino at RD + Casey in the pipeline and only a year or two away probably. Insane RD depth.

Have to think Marino would be made available if they were to sign Pesce. Not sure what the cost would be though, and if we're trading for Ullmark we won't have much disposable assets left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad