Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Rah rah types are the most overrated f***s if they don't follow through with their on ice actions and on ice leadership.

And come on Sanderson is the most composed, doesn't cheat or throw hissy fits because something didn't go his way, is always dialed in and focused, always gives an honest effort defensively even though he has elite offensive talent, could go on and on.

I wouldn’t consider Matthews and Marner great leaders and they are similar to what you are describing.

However most consider Messier and Dale Hunter amazing captains and they weren’t exactly as what you have written either

Reactions: aragorn

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Bruce said if there was a gun to his head, he’d think the Sens will still be picking at 7.

Maybe I've been living in the US too long, but I think this would be an awesome addition to Question Period on TSN next season.

Claire Hanna asks a pointed question to Brucie, then slowly extends a handgun barrel right between BooBoo's squinty eyes while he answers. If she doesn't like his answer, she shakes the gun and makes him sputter some more nonsense. If she thinks his answer is sufficient, she slowly draws the gun back as she asks the next question.

I'll get started on the email to BellMedia.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
League executives told Postmedia on the weekend that Staios is seeking a first-round and second-round pick in exchange for Chychrun or a first-round selection with a high-end prospect.

Kind of conflicts with the Chychrun for Ullmark stuff.

i think the 3 way people are talking about will be

Ott: Ulmark
Chi: Chychryn
Bos: 18th overall

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'd honestly be shocked if it's less than say, 6.8 mil. He signed for 5 mil per year 3 years ago, since then he's won a Vezina and the cap is will be around 93 mil when the extension will kick in. That's a pretty modest raise IMO.
Well, it has to recognize that he's getting older, and won't be in his prime anymore by the time the deal is in it's final years.
something like 9, 7, 6.5, 5, 4.5 would come in at 6.4 mil x 5 years, would give him a significant raise over the 4.5 he made in the last year of his current deal for the first three seasons, and recognize the typical progression of a goalie as they age.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I wouldn’t consider Matthews and Marner great leaders and they are similar to what you are describing.

However most consider Messier and Dale Hunter amazing captains and they weren’t exactly as what you have written either

Messier didn't lead by example and Marner does? What.

Any leader who doesn't lead by example as a base is a bad leader.

Messier didn't lead by example in his Vancouver stint and by all accounts he was a terrible leader there.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I’m guessing the league is telling teams to hold off on any announcements today?
Lalimes Martian actually said this

Messier didn't lead by example in his Vancouver stint and by all accounts he was a terrible leader there.
This whole “good leader bad leader” thing is overblown.

Messier is seen as a good leader because he won cups and he made a guarentee and followed through on it.

This isn’t war. They shoot around a puck and get paid millions of dollars to do it.

They’re all privileged white boys lol. There’s no ruthless leader of men among them.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Lalimes Martian actually said this

This whole “good leader bad leader” thing is overblown.

Messier is seen as a good leader because he won cups and he made a guarentee and followed through on it.

This isn’t war. They shoot around a puck and get paid millions of dollars to do it.

They’re all privileged white boys lol. There’s no ruthless leader of men among them.
I agree. Be on a winning team and you're often labelled a winner and/or a leader. Losing team and it's the opposite. So much nuance in there it's unfair labels a lot of the time.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
A number of the older UFAs have direct ties to Sens management or coaching staff.

Jack Johnson (Martin and Bowness), Cal Clutterbuck (Yeo), Kyle Okoposo (Staios), Pat Maroon (Yeo and Dimaio), David Perron (Yeo and Dimaio), Kevin Shattenkirk (Yeo and Dimaio), Brendan Smith (Green and Martin), Robert Bortuzzo (Yeo and Dimaio), James Van Riemsdyck (Yeo), Matt Martin (Staios), Chris Tanev (Green, Yeo, Baumgartner), Tyler Myers (Green, Yeo, Baumgartner), Tyler Toffoli (Green), Matt Dumba (Yeo), Shayne Gostisbehere (Yeo)

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

Maybe you are too young but Messier was an amazing on ice leader in Edmonton

Reactions: aragorn and Loach

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Maybe you are too young but Messier was an amazing on ice leader in Edmonton
That's What I'm saying. Messier led by example in Edmonton and was an amazing leader.

In Vancouver he didn't lead by example.

What you do and What example you set on the ice is the most important thing.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Brady (C) - Crushing beers at divisional rivals games. Hyperfocused on other players contract extensions. Can't control emotions when losing games. Calls out fans.

Chabot (A) - Lacks intensity. Collected his cheque and doesn't seem to care.

Giroux (A) - Came back home on his way to retirement. Mailed it in second have of the seaon.

These are your Sens "leaders". Not hard to realize why this team is a gongshow.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I can't see Chychrun extending in Chicago. He only played in the playoffs once in 9 seasons. There will come a day that playing in Chicago is attractive because of Bedard, young stars, and it being a big US market - but that is still a few years away. There is a reason they had to overpay to attract all those veteran players last year. That reason is that the rebuild is still in it's infancy. That hasn't changed in one season.

If we're hearing a futures based price for Chychrun, I suspect:
  1. We're forming backup plans in case the Bruins trade falls through.
  2. It's a strategic leak to make fans perceive that we assigned a reasonable value to Chychrun. As in, if we have to add a 1st and another piece to Chychrun to get Ullmark, your average fan is going to think we didn't understand Chychrun's value, rather than Ullmark was worth multiple 1st round picks.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Maybe I've been living in the US too long, but I think this would be an awesome addition to Question Period on TSN next season.

Claire Hanna asks a pointed question to Brucie, then slowly extends a handgun barrel right between BooBoo's squinty eyes while he answers. If she doesn't like his answer, she shakes the gun and makes him sputter some more nonsense. If she thinks his answer is sufficient, she slowly draws the gun back as she asks the next question.

I'll get started on the email to BellMedia.

I do not think TSN executives would be able to produce a segment where they threaten the life of an on air personality. Odds are that their legal and HR department would shut down any sort of attempt. Not to mention, Claire Hanna seems really nice and gun culture isn't a big thing in Canada. I can't see her being comfortable with threatening the life of a colleague just to get to the bottom of questions that in the grand scheme of things, aren't as important as the life of a man.

Perhaps we could have a dunk tank. I think that would be more appropriate. I think Bruce would enjoy how fun and wacky it is. I understand that a fear of getting wet may not be sufficient enough to get to the bottom of whether Mark Kastalic deserves a 1-way contract or should be traded, but it might make for good TV.

Reactions: JackieDaytona

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
And kastelic stayed out or came back out on to the ice semi dressed and worked on things or tried to reset himself.
I thought it worked. Showed he cares and wants to improve.
6’4” and can drive the net and out muscle opponents if he wants to and can drop the gloves and handle himself well.
Again we have no one else like this for the bottom 6.
I agree.

Ithink the entire team including Kastelic needs some effective coaching to get the best out of him, including clearly defining his role on the team. Given his limited skill set, he must play "big" all the time and hit everyone including any opponent team's top players if they are put out against him (away games). Either that or we replace him with someone else who can do that or can play a strong disciplined defensive game against top players.

I think he is improving so I am ok with him coming back next season. I think he is coachable.

Reactions: Icelevel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad