Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
This is one of the reasons why we've been so terrible.
Yup, but I would guess that Joseph would be much more consistent if dropping him out of the top 9 was a legitimate option. I have been saying this for like 5yrs now, our lack of depth is a negative force on our higher-in-the-lineup guys. DJ didnt instill accountability, but Dorion never gave him much wiggle room to do so, either.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Sens couldn’t take hold of their emotions last year which is a youth thing. It’s beyond just culture. Even Sanderson called them out for it saying we gotta stop slamming sticks and keep our body language positive.

Not like you need to go add 8 vets, but I do think they need guys who have been around for awhile and don’t get so caught up in the highs and lows. If you give up a goal, having players that can go settle things down for you helps too.
Sanderson for real is the only leader amongst our core. mature beyond his years and even though he is the youngest the others are like children compared to him.

He will be a captain in this league someday, already could be.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Was fairly early on - like game 5 of the new staff, maybe? He did a fly-by instead of finishing a hit and Alfie tore a strip out of him on the bench.
And kastelic stayed out or came back out on to the ice semi dressed and worked on things or tried to reset himself.
I thought it worked. Showed he cares and wants to improve.
6’4” and can drive the net and out muscle opponents if he wants to and can drop the gloves and handle himself well.
Again we have no one else like this for the bottom 6.

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
And kastelic stayed out or came back out on to the ice semi dressed and worked on things or tried to reset himself.
I thought it worked. Showed he cares and wants to improve.
6’4” and can drive the net and out muscle opponents if he wants to and can drop the gloves and handle himself well.
Again we have no one else like this for the bottom 6.

Ostapchuk could fill that role, potentially as soon as next year, with more speed and offensive upside.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Speculation is rampant these days. People are channeling their inner Sherlock Holmes. It will be good when this is over. At least we can then transition to what happened versus what we think will happen.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Terms.

Sounds like unless someone swoops in he’s coming to Ottawa, just need to settle on a number both sides are happy with.
Ottawa and Toronto were apparently on Ulmark's limited NTL. Sounds like he is willing to waive that condition to come to Ottawa, but he remains steadfast in his refusal to be traded to Toronto.

Well, that is worth lots, certainly raises his stock value in my book. Would make for an even greater Battle of Ontario if the trade works out. Goal tending talents aside, obviously the man possesses great taste! ;-)

Ok, admitedly this is more likely a byproduct of the great TO / BOS rivalry. It could also be smarts on his part knowing how rabid (foaming at the mouth) the blue media and fan base can be. They're planning the parade route one night, villagers with pitch forks and torches the next! ;-)

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Do you think the hold-up is the terms of the extension or whether or not he wants to re-sign with Ottawa at all?
No way Ottawa pays the same freight if there is not an agreement already in place. If not then the difference is a rental player verses a longer term asset.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I just love how aggressive SS is in trying to upgrade on Korpisalo and not just running it back.

My faith in Staios has gone up significantly in the last week.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
How the heck did I miss this?

Good on Alfie, that's what we need.

Coaches that keep our players accountable.
It was very quick - and in game IIRC. I don't think they played the highlights - which is oddly respectful to Kastelic. It was the moment my thought on Kast changed a little, as I was a big fan.

Then, as (sorry, can't recall who) pointed out, he came out after games and started working harder.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Wait until he's made the transaction lol, then we can assess
Well, sure. The price paid does matter. I'm more meaning the assessment process though. Too many voices imo were saying to roll it back and basically hope that Korpisalo bucks his career #'s and turns in to a good, consistent goalie.

The man knows we absolutely can't go in to the season with Korpisalo or Forsberg as the #1 and that tells me he knows what the f*** is up. His comments about Korpisalo at the end of the year concerned me that he may get another chance to lead the team (and likely sink it).

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
the Taney brothers playing together in Ottawa would be such a huge get by Staois. The brothers could be looking at the Kelces and thinking they could do that for the NHL and Ottawa is a great place to not only win but build a brand that’ll last after they hang up the skates.

Would be kinda like reunited the Neidermeyers boys
The brother unification I am more concerned about is the Tkachuks! Unless there is some significant progress in Ottawa soon, I imagine this issue will raise its ugly head. Brady spent the last 3 years trying to duplicate Matthew's goal scored with stick between the legs. What happens IF / when big bro wins a cup and all extended family dinners focus on that. Human nature says you probably should not ignore the history of what went down with big bro in Calgary. Perhaps it is wrong or unfair to conclude it, but I somehow I doubt Keith is just sitting idly twiddling his thumbs on the sidelines there.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Garrioch talking live on Locked on the Sens podcast, supposed to talk Ullmark and trade rumours so....

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Try to sign at least one, ideally 2 of Duhaime, Martinhook, Motte, Noesen, Trenin, Carrier, Janmark, Lafferty, Joshua (not happening), Blueger, Clutterbuck (1 year type thing), Foegel, Boyd, Robinson, Fischer to a deal.

Wouldn't replace Kastelic, he's perfectly fine in a 4th line/pressbox role.
Matinhook sure but I doubt he falls in our term/dollar range. Carrier works.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Just got off the phone with my secret source. Apparently the trade is a done deal but the big hitch is the Florida pick.

Boston only wants to do the deal if Florida wins and it becomes a 2026 3rd. Otherwise, the trade is off because Chychrun+25+39+4th isn't enough. They need a 3rd.

Also, he says that Spartacat is coming back this year. Just in case you guys were worried that they were going to change mascots. (That is an HFBoards exclusive so please don't post it to Twitter).

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
Just got off the phone with my secret source. Apparently the trade is a done deal but the big hitch is the Florida pick.

Boston only wants to do the deal if Florida wins and it becomes a 2026 3rd. Otherwise, the trade is off because Chychrun+25+39+4th isn't enough. They need a 3rd.

Also, he says that Spartacat is coming back this year. Just in case you guys were worried that they were going to change mascots. (That is an HFBoards exclusive so please don't post it to Twitter).

This sounds farfetched. A deal like this wouldn't hinge on a game 7 result. I also find it very unlikely that Ottawa would trade 3 picks in the deal, considering Staios is on record about needing to bolster the depth in our prospect pool.

Chychrun + 1st + 2nd + 3rd would be the biggest package for a goalie... maybe ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad