Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
This is fckn great. Dorion signed a blind goalie. This team is entertaining as hell. The fan base is having a break down, the new staff keep finding more shit to clean up, what next? I thought that we could officially move on from Dorion when we give up that first round pick. Now I wonder what else is buried out at the CTC. Anybody have ground radar, metal detectors and a backhoe?
Dorion signed a blind goalie lmao

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'd go with a turkey leg kinda guy.

giant-texas-turkey-legs-easy-way-11.jpg
I would love one of those?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
This is fckn great. Dorion signed a blind goalie. This team is entertaining as hell. The fan base is having a break down, the new staff keep finding more shit to clean up, what next? I thought that we could officially move on from Dorion when we give up that first round pick. Now I wonder what else is buried out at the CTC. Anybody have ground radar, metal detectors and a backhoe?
I mean, blind is a little extreme. I'm supposed to wear contacts when I play hockey but I won't stick fingers in my eyeballs, so I just play with nearsightedness, but don't call me blind yo.

Reactions: bicboi64
Oct 10, 2010
Not sure why people don’t think Tanev to Ottawa is a realistic option.

We are likely going to offer more years and give him a deal that’s too much to pass up.

Until he signs elsewhere I think Ottawa has a good as shot as anyone.

Reactions: Relapsing

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I m just surprised that no thread in the main board about Tanev. Normally when Friedman said rumors about players , you see a thread for it

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

We are likely going to offer more years and give him a deal that’s too much to pass up.

I think our main competition will be Vancouver and Toronto. He's familiar with Vancouver, and Treliving is familiar with him.

He's played his whole career in Canada, so I have a hard time seeing him settle in Dallas and assume he'll land in a Canadian city.

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

I found our replacement if Korpisalo needs to go on LTIR for a little bit.

Well, if he gets laser eye surgery, he won't be cleared to play for a month or more. That should cover the first buyout period,

Boris Katchouk is going to have to sit through an arbitration hearing because of Korpisalo.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

He hasn't won a cup and he's getting old. Just got a taste of winning and usually when that happens vets prefer to stick with a contender.

I'd put us well behind Dallas, Toronto and Vancouver as potential destinations.

We'd have to overpay pretty significantly for it to happen. I'd be fine with it, as long as the term is short.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
He hasn't won a cup and he's getting old. Just got a taste of winning and usually when that happens vets prefer to stick with a contender.

I'd put us well behind Dallas, Toronto and Vancouver as potential destinations.

We'd have to overpay pretty significantly for it to happen. I'd be fine with it, as long as the term is short.

This is his last shot at making money. According to washingtoncapitaslfriendly, his career earnings have been about 40M, but you have to assume with all the stuff Chris Pronger complains about on Twitter (taxes, escrow, etc), he has earned about half of that.

20M is still a lot of money, but if the Senators offer is 5M-10M more, that's a huge chunk of money compared to what he has made so far.

I agree with you about cup chasing, but I think this could be a situation where money ultimately trumps that because we're not talking about a player with 100M+ of career earnings.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
This is his last shot at making money. According to washingtoncapitaslfriendly, his career earnings have been about 40M, but you have to assume with all the stuff Chris Pronger complains about on Twitter (taxes, escrow, etc), he has earned about half of that.

20M is still a lot of money, but if the Senators offer is 5M-10M more, that's a huge chunk of money compared to what he has made so far.

I agree with you about cup chasing, but I think this could be a situation where money ultimately trumps that because we're not talking about a player with 100M+ of career earnings.
I also think you have to consider his options at his disposal and what they are. Dallas is one thing, they're clearly a contender, but they're in the deep south bible belt, basically across the planet from where he's played his entire career. Does he see Vancouver and Toronto as contenders? I don't. The Leafs have fallen flat for an eternity and Vancouver came out of nowhere last year, seemed to overachieve based on their roster, and half the team are free agents now. They're basically candidate #1 to come back to earth next year imo.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not sure if anyone else mentioned it, but Korpi legitimately might need glasses or laser eye, and is being told to get refitted for his helmet.

Like Andlauer and Staios are pissed about it.

Was a really off the cuff comment that got passed along, but legitimate frustration it sounds like.
The Dorion Effect.

His first clue should have been... Where do I sign?

4d9ab4e9813c8cecaf3e4a447e835eb1_w200[1].gif

Hopefully we can LTIR the mofo.

• Haha
Reactions: Relapsing

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
How do we know that Jonas Korpisalo even exists?

That would be so Sens, finding out our goalie was a figment of our collective consciousness. That Dorion wasted 4M per on what was actually nothing (not just figuratively, literally).

It would explain how easily the pucks went into the net.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
I'm 100% speculating but I wonder if these issues were only identified after the new goalie coach Justin Peters took over in January.

Korpisalo's helmet not fitting right and his vision being impaired because of it seems like something so obvious it should have been identified long ago and certainly Korpisalo himself should have said something, unless he prefers it that way and that's why Staios/Andlauer are ticked off.

Wonder if they had him take a vision test after the season to see if that may have played a role in his inability to consistently stop shots from far out and to their surprise they found out his vision isn't great. I can absolutely understand if they'd be pissed finding that out as well.
Am I the only one that thinks this is good news? What type of goalie will he be once his eyesight and sightlines are fixed? He couldn't be any worse. I would expect some improvement once he can track/see the pucks that are far out.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Insane that players aren’t given eye tests as part of their physicals??

They do. It was reported several years ago that Anderson had significantly better than 20/20 eyesight in the fall physicals. iirc, there was another player on the team that had jaw-dropping reaction time on the reflexes testing.

I'm sure the info is buried on this site somewhere.

Reactions: BigRig4

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Am I the only one that thinks this is good news? What type of goalie will he be once his eyesight and sightlines are fixed? He couldn't be any worse. I would expect some improvement once he can track/see the pucks that are far out.
No I think we all agree it’s good news. Jokes were made all season about Korpi needing glasses but it’s absolutely ridiculous that it’s actually a real problem, so it’s hard to get excited about what it might fix in terms of results because it feels so stupid.

Reactions: DrEasy

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I think it could be, but I'm struggling with the specifics of the rumor. Just seems odd that it wasn't caught in physicals or that he didn't personally pursue it. More information is needed. Just seems odd and I personally would still look to move in a different direction if at all possible. Certainly a good plan 1B is still needed, worst case.

This season wasn't that far off the rest of his career numbers (especially considering the general save % decline in the league), so was this some long term thing he refused to pursue that has been an issue that's been plaguing him long term, or is it a new thing and the best we can hope for is slightly better than he was this year, like he was for most of the rest of his career.

We heard all about the hip surgeries as justification for his lacklustre numbers prior to that LA season, and that didn't seem to move the needle, so I'm feeling skeptical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad