Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
There is absolutely no way Tanev chooses this team. He'll pick a cup contender or playoff bound club for sure. Most likely Vancouver.

Toffoli probably signs with the highest bidder, likely a US based team.

Ullmark is a good idea but if the rumored ask is remotely true, I'm not sure that's a move we should make. I question whether his performances are a reflection of one of the best defensives systems in the NHL.
Friedman specifically mentioned us on tanev. If there was no way he would sign I don’t think our name would be mentioned.

Toffoli played his junior hockey here and has played on three different Canadian teams. He doesn’t have an issue with it.

Yeah the price is high on ullmark. Cest la vie.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
On another note anyone else hear that CapFreindly could be closing up shop, something to do with the NHL saying they are releasing private info. Haven't heard much about it & that would be unfortunate given it's a great source for us. Anyone know more about this?

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Not sure if anyone else mentioned it, but Korpi legitimately might need glasses or laser eye, and is being told to get refitted for his helmet.

Like Andlauer and Staios are pissed about it.

Was a really off the cuff comment that got passed along, but legitimate frustration it sounds like.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
On another note anyone else hear that CapFreindly could be closing up shop, something to do with the NHL saying they are releasing private info. Haven't heard much about it & that would be unfortunate given it's a great source for us. Anyone know more about this?
Washington capitals bought the site.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Not sure if anyone else mentioned it, but Korpi legitimately might need glasses or laser eye, and is being told to get refitted for his helmet.

Was a really off the cuff comment that got passed along, but legitimate frustration it sounds like.
Wouldn't this be a standard part of a yearly physical at camp?

Reactions: BigRig4 and aragorn

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Question(s):

1. What does needing glasses or laser eye have to do with getting his helmet refitted?
2. Why are they pissed about it, was the need for glasses hidden from us when we signed him, like, if anything that might be a good thing since if we fix his eyes, maybe he's competent

And on a more general level, ya that adds up, he played like he couldn't see the puck on some of the shots from far out...

The Waffler

Smartest Man-Child on HF
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth

Man, I’m not sure if I ever said it here but all last season I kept thinking that his helmet is way too far down on his forehead and I had a feeling it was blocking his vision or distracting him or something.

The Waffler

Smartest Man-Child on HF
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth

Didn’t the Washington Capitals just finalize a deal to acquire CapFriendly or am I mistaken?

Edit: what Mickelbot said

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Didn’t the Washington Capitals just finalize a deal to acquire CapFriendly or am I mistaken?

Edit: what Mickelbot said
What does that mean though, are they using it for their own purposes & closing shop to us or will we still be able to use it?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
So Korpisalo has been playing with nearsightedness and with an illfitting helmet this entire time?

Would be one explanation for the excessive number of goals from the point he let in last season.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Question(s):

1. What does needing glasses or laser eye have to do with getting his helmet refitted?
2. Why are they pissed about it, was the need for glasses hidden from us when we signed him, like, if anything that might be a good thing since if we fix his eyes, maybe he's competent

And on a more general level, ya that adds up, he played like he couldn't see the puck on some of the shots from far out...
Maybe the tight helmet was cutting off the blood flow to his eyes. :confused::confused:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Is that what happened? And what are they doing with it, using it for themselves? Will it be open or closed to us? I still use it.
Won’t be available after, early July.
It’s not clear, why they are doing it, there are some underlying features we’re not aware of, maybe they want those, maybe they want to take it away from other teams.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Can’t wait to see him in net next year with big plastic frames.

• Haha
Reactions: DJB

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Is that what happened? And what are they doing with it, using it for themselves? Will it be open or closed to us? I still use it.
It will be closed off after the draft/UFA period. You can get some of the info from Puckpedia and I'm sure eventually someone will build a replacement site just like when General fanager and Capgeek went offline.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

I included a laugh emoji because this may be peak sens absurdity.

Good god.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

The Waffler

Smartest Man-Child on HF
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
What does that mean though, are they using it for their own purposes & closing shop to us or will we still be able to use it?

My guess is that they’ll keep it as their own private salary database and keep it updated internally. It’s strange but that’s the only thing that makes sense to me. I doubt they would spend that money not to privatize it.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend

That's hilarious. Guy can't see, and his helmet is flopping over his eyes.

Maybe he will stop more pucks if he can see them coming...

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad