Rasmus Dahlin Named Captain of the Sabres

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I think he is a little more than that. Pulling the guys together for the offseason camp is an example of him being a connector as the captain.

So, while he may not be a great pre-game speech guy, I think that stuff can be really overrated. The key is do they have the guys that will be able to set the standard and then hold others to that standard.

I think Dahlin, and the 4 alternates, can be good at that in different ways.
Exactly I think we’ve got a couple guys for something like that. Dahls doesn’t need to do anything like that, just needs to be himself because it’s obviously working.

Rasmus saying he knows it’s a big responsibility and will take it seriously. It’s what you want to hear.

“Buffalo is everything to me - it’s my life.”

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think he is a little more than that. Pulling the guys together for the offseason camp is an example of him being a connector as the captain.

So, while he may not be a great pre-game speech guy, I think that stuff can be really overrated. The key is do they have the guys that will be able to set the standard and then hold others to that standard.

I think Dahlin, and the 4 alternates, can be good at that in different ways.

There’s been talk for a couple of years about how he puts in the effort in practice and will chirp guys that aren’t putting up an equal effort to him. Having a peer ride a teammate about taking the easy way out can work as much or more than somebody giving George C Scott’s Patton speech.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Welp that seals it. Dahlin is getting traded within the next 3 years. Sabres haven't had a captain last longer than 3 years since Perreault. Co-captains don't count.

:sarcasm:

Reactions: NotABadPeriod

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Good. They tried and failed with the friendly older brother type in Okposo. Now they have a captain (and coach) with snarl and a f*** you attitude. That's the example they need right now.
Okposo was the obvious choice as captain while he was on this team imo. The fact the other players called him 'Dad' says a lot.

It's far better that they have waited to give it to Dahlin at the right time instead of gifting it to him too early just because he's the team's franchise player.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I think its easier to turn an elite player into a good speaker than vice versa. I think people get caught up too much on speeches myself
I don't think anybody needs to turn Dahlin into a good speaker, nor do i think a captain has to be a team's best player.

People definately get caught up on speeches / captains having to be the Braveheart type. And as @Beerz just pointed out - some people will always find something to complain about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad