Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I doubt Sorokin is being traded, but if he is, then Staois needs to be on that like white on rice.

I'd easily offer Boston's 1st+Greig.

I wouldn't. Dude has a horrific contract. The way goalies have been having shorter and shorter primes over the past 10-15 years, it would be insane to have an $8+ million netminder on the roster. I don't care if he's the best in the history of the NHL to ever put on the pads....that contract isn't going to age well. It'll handcuff the team for years.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Would anyone do

norris ([email protected])

for

johnny gaudreau([email protected])?

Would require gaudreau to waive his NMC.
I'd do it solely to get out of Norris' deal. He'll never be the same, and will remain injury prone. At least Gaudreau will put up 60ish points and maybe more on a team more talented than CBJ and we might be able to move him for spare parts that thinks he's rejuvenated his career.

Plus Gaudreau has less term and Norris is the easier of the core to move in terms of moving on from his 'on ice performance'.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
The article with a more full quote is now out,
“We had interest in the (No. 7) pick. Teams will call you and say, ‘Are you interested in moving the pick?’ and you don’t know what that’s going to look like because you don’t know what’s going to be available there. You have to stay very flexible” Poulin said.​

Sounds to me like they are keeping their options open rather than shopping for immediate help by using the pick, particularly when you combine that with an earlier quote

"We had lots of opportunity at the trade deadline to make moves for the short-term that might have looked good. But we’re going to do what’s in the best interest of the Senators in the long-term."​

Garrioch seems desperate for engagement these days. That Poulin comment is barely newsworthy when presented in context. It's closer to a factual description of a front office doing its job in the lead up to a draft. And yet "listening on pick 7" is in Bruce's headline this morning.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Garrioch seems desperate for engagement these days. That Poulin comment is barely newsworthy when presented in context. It's closer to a factual description of a front office doing its job in the lead up to a draft. And yet "listening on pick 7" is in Bruce's headline this morning.
trying to stay relevant

He and Dorion were made for each other.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I posted this on the main board.

chychryn +forsberg + 25OA
for
Laine + Jet Greaves or Daniil Tarasov

Gives us a bluechip goaltending prospect and two years of a top 6 winger for about $3M extra spend in cap. CBJ gets out of the Laine contract and adds a few futures and some cap space assuming they deal church.

Not sure if Laine's got his head screwed on straight though.
nah

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
Looks like a “boneless wings” kinda guy.

I'd go with a turkey leg kinda guy.

giant-texas-turkey-legs-easy-way-11.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Bileur

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I would rather overpay Tanev in AAV than term.

I have a feeling that we get him the same way Toronto got Marleau. We offer the third or fourth year when nobody else will.

This is Tanev's last chance to cash in. Especially with escrow being so high the last few years, I'm sure that's going to be a consideration. As far as chasing a cup goes, only one team can win the cup. Look at Dallas, he joined a monster team and they weren't good enough. You can't guarantee a cup, but you can guarantee money.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Having Green from NJ, Yeo from Van, Boumgartner from Winn, Staois from Edm, Dimaio Ana makes me feel good about contacts and up to date pro scouting.

Feel like we are going to have lots of good options based on the relationships from the guys above

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
even if we overpay Tanev, he'll be injured enough that we can LTIR him for parts of the season. Hope Andlauer starts flexing some of his financial muscles

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
would have happened by now
No, it will/could likely happen if this is another throw away season, along with his NTC kicking in

If this is a lost season, it's more likely than not Staios will have to get ahead of the request that is likely to come once his NTC kicks in come July 1st 2025. There is almost no chance a Tkachuk is going to sit around floundering for 7 straight seasons with no end in sight.

If this is a lost season, there is a very, very real chance that a request is coming

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
No, it will/could likely happen if this is another throw away season, along with his NTC kicking in

If this is a lost season, it's more likely than not Staios will have to get ahead of the request that is likely to come once his NTC kicks in come July 1st 2025. There is almost no chance a Tkachuk is going to sit around floundering for 7 straight seasons with no end in sight.

If this is a lost season, there is a very, very real chance that a request is coming
i mean for this season

if he asks next season it probably means its time for change throughout

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
i mean for this season

if he asks next season it probably means its time for change throughout
I don't think anyone is questioning or exoecting him to ask out between now and the end of the coming season, that wouldn't make sense from his persepctive as he has a single season left before he gets complete control of where he gets to go.

If we have a bad season, Brady has the ability to play wherever he wants come July 1st. It only makes sense to make any request after July 1st, should he want too.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I think it’s gonna be tanev and toffili and Ullmark in.

Chychrun brannstrom korpisalo Joseph out.

Thats my final* prediction.

*Until tomorrow when I form an even more correct opinion
I'm not sure what they want. Probably a MUCH tougher top 9. Where's the toughness and sandpaper in our top 9 aside from Chuck and Greig? Sure, Giroux has some sandpaper and I suppose Pinto could as well, but in reality we counted on 2 guys to be aggressive on defenders - and we saw how easy we were to play against.

I think you're looking at a burly LW who can score 20, but more importantly plays a heavy game (preferably 2-way] and a 3rd line RW who plays a heavy game as well, although, I also think Norris could move to wing and a 2C with toughness could be looked at.

In any event, there's a lot to do. They'll want a RD for sure and an upgrade (lol] in net, but I think you'll see team toughness addressed - and I don't mean a McEwen style player

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
For anyone worried about moving Brady don’t be. It’s not happening in a million years unless he makes a request.
If that’s not obvious then..wth are we doing here?

Chychrun and Forsberg and 2nd round pick

For Ullmark. Sign him to 4 years

That’s more than fair value. Chychrun is being underrated.
Make it happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad