Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
That is a ridiculousness notion. Sort of like asking why Kastelic isn't scoring 40 goals under JM. Coaches can give teams concepts and strategy to improve overall play and some techniques to slightly improve their own game but almost impossible to change their overall ability. The team is giving up less chances and shots but the goalies continue to let inan excess of bad goals because they are bad goalies.
Really? Asking whether better coaching should result in better goaltending is basically the same as asking why a fringe 4th line center isn't scoring 40 goals under the same circumstances?

That's an actual thought you had...and, better yet, you think my question is a "ridiculous notion"???

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Tanev to the Stars

2nd round pick and a prospect and a conditional pick

Prospect is Artem Grushnikov

Staios cries

Really? Asking whether better coaching should result in better goaltending is basically the same as asking why a fringe 4th line center isn't scoring 40 goals under the same circumstances?

That's an actual thought you had...and, better yet, you think my question is a "ridiculous notion"???
Are making the conclusion that the goalies are still bad therefore the coaching must not be coaching better?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Why do you think better coaching would result in better goaltending? I assume you're referring to Jacques Martin, and not moving on from Bierk for Peters.

If it's the latter and you're talking about Peters, fine, but if it's Martin, what exactly are you thinking he can do to reduce the soft goals our goalies have been letting in. Since 12 Jan, the team has the lowest all situations xGA/60, HDCA/60 and 4th lowest SCA/60 in the league, yet the worst sv% and 7th worst GA.

So reducing the number of Quality scoring chances isn't working, how other than that is a coach supposed to improve goaltending?

The issue with our goalies hasn't been the quality chances, it's been the medium and low quality chances, how does a coach fix that?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think he is saying that we can relatively easily find a coach better than Jacques Martin and he will magically fix the goal tending. He is knocking the JM fans
I really don’t know what is so hard to accept with korpisalo. He’s always been bad. Has continued to be bad here.

I think it then destroys all the times they said “Dorion is a pro you think you know better than a pro!!?”

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I really don’t know what is so hard to accept with korpisalo. He’s always been bad. Has continued to be bad here.

I think it then destroys all the times they said “Dorion is a pro you think you know better than a pro!!?”
He's like a worse version of Gerber, he can make spectacular reactionary saves, but is always letting in a back breaking bad goal.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Not sure Chych will be getting big offers.

And Staios was apparently against trading for him in Edmonton, so he likely doesn’t hold the highest valuation of him from the start.

Not a great situation to be in.
If Staois doesn't like him then he would trade him this deadline.

They can also just keep Chychrun as you won't find someone as good as him at his salary

Reactions: bert

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
If Staois doesn't like him then he would trade him this deadline.

They can also just keep Chychrun as you won't find someone as good as him at his salary

Saying that he suggested against Edmonton giving up major assets for him isn't the same as saying he doesn't like him as a player or doesn't think he has value on the ice.

I think they will relent and move him at this deadline and the holding on to him is probably posturing/code for stop lowballing us.

Reactions: bert

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I just want to sell off everyone so I stop hearing people talk about the playoffs after we win a few games even though we're still in the basement of the standings.

You can tell us sens fans haven't had a good team in so long that we're way off on these things.

We win 4 out of 5 and all of a sudden every other poster is saying things like "if we could just go 25-4, we'll make it...I give it a 50-50"

Lol we're a loser team. A good 10 game sample won't change that.

Start cheering when we can have a winning full season.
I think I’ll just find ways to enjoy the ride. ;)

• Wow
Reactions: NB613

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Always knew it was going to come to a head with the Tkachuk family. Big Walt would never let his son wallow in mediocrity
Like playing in front of 5 fans in Florida? Get real.

Keith wants his kids to be happy, he isn’t micromanaging their careers.

The rumours are bunk, some but like with every college draft pick, we seem to love playing the pathetic partner who expects everyone to leave.

He isn’t going anywhere, and this team is going to start making noise now that we have a new regime about to put their stamp on things.

Just a different perspective on things…. ;)

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Jic from tva sports, talk about the rumor to a journaliste from Gatineau. He said, he s not surprised because a couple things happened off the ice with Brady

Not surprised about what? The GM’s adamant statement that the rumour is asinine?

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Assuming what I am reading about the prospect is accurate, Tanev went for nothing. If that is the market for D, it is understandable that Chychrun won't be moved at the deadline. I get he isn't a rental, but it is all relative.

A 2nd and a B prospect. The 3rd won't transfer, and if it does that is a good problem to have.

Dallas has a good chance to re-sign him too. They have a bit of cap flexibility next year, and every player wants to go to the US teams with good tax situations.

Very few trades so far and aside from the two bigger name centres moved earlier (almost no C rentals available), it looks like it might be a buyer's market.

Reactions: NB613

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
cool barbashev cost a prospect to get. goodrow was like a late first, Tampa acquired their size in literally one offseason.

Avs won more because they had Mackinnon, Rantanen and 1st pair of Toews Makar. also Landeskog is a very good defensive player.

Those teams just prove you can acquire that kind of size and toughness relatively easy.
You need both just being straight up ignorant to think you don't or dumb.

Ottawa has no one else after Brady other than Greig that plays with any jam. You'd have to be hockey illiterate to not see it. Vegas has a massive heavy d core that plays hard.

Sakic just went out and got Colton and Wood.

Tampa got way more than just Goodrow, Coleman etc. Then they went after Jeannot.

Heavy hard teams win it happens every year. You just refuse to acknowledge it because it goes against you're smarter than everyone else narrative.

Reactions: Bileur

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015

Ottawa has no one else after Brady other than Greig that plays with any jam. You'd have to be hockey illiterate to not see it. Vegas has a massive heavy d core that plays hard.

Tampa got way more than just Goodrow, Coleman etc. Then they went after Jeannot.

Heavy hard teams win it happens every year. You just refuse to acknowledge it because it goes against you're smarter than everyone else narrative.
yea thats my point you can bring in heavy aggressive players to support your high end players that is what all those teams did.

we don't have the top end, the depth, or the defensive commitment so until we get those the team is going nowhere.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
after stutzle we really have no one who can carry a line and be a threat to score every game. you need at least 2-3.

otherwise what happens is what is happening here. unless stutzle is going the team is flat.

and these kids are all wildly inconsistent. we need a rantanen or a pettersson in addition to stutzle to actually scare teams.

its going to get even worse since Giroux is aging.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Well this teams all went out and got those guys at the deadline when they were ready to compete.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Norris - LTIR
Korpisalo - Robidas Island
Tarasenko - Trade
Kubalik - Trade
Chychrun - Trade
Hamonic - part of dump in a trade

Frees up 13M in salary
We recoup 4M in dead cap space next year
Cap increases 5M
12M in LTIR room if we’re a cap team

34M available to sign a Goalie, 1 or 2 top six forwards and a top 4 right D
Goalie 6M
7M x 2 forwards
7M Right D

Leaves 6M to sign Pinto and maybe slight upgrade in bottom 6.

We gain assets from most of the trades and can take back cap dumps. Team would be substantially stronger IMO vs today and returned assets to leverage or grow.

Trick is convincing Korpisalo he’s allergic to his equipment cause a buyout doesn’t threaten him. He’d still earn 10M and could likely get a 1.5-2M contract elsewhere and ends up making more

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad