Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Lol. Like you'd know what wins games. You love players like Brannstrom and hate Tkachuk.

The PWHL really fits the style of play you like maybe flip over to that forum.

Vegas didn't have a Tkachuck, Colorado didn't, Tampa didn't, Penguins didn't.

You don't need a Tkachuck to win you need a deep team, with great top end and defensively responsible players.

Also you realize we've had Brady for like years and haven't won shit? Like not even the bare minimum.

And I love Zub, get it right.

Reactions: Duncstar

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I really hope Staios is putting Chychrun's name out there.

I was fine with trading for him but it really hasn't worked out. He hasn't been comfortable at RD at all and has been more one-dimensional than I expected.

Like most of Dorion's acquisitions, we're not going to get nearly as much back for him as we gave up. We gave up a high 1st (12th) + two 2nds.

Staios needs to do everything he can to maximize Chychrun's value and try to replace as much value as possible.

That means trading him at the deadline this year, plus retaining 50% of his contract to expand his trade market.

Trading Chychrun in the summer probably means a DeBrincat-esque return of a late 1st.

Trading him now with retention should mean a 1st + multiple additional secondary assets, all of which are needed to either re-stock the pool or use as trade chips in the summer.
I was pumped when he got here. I thought he could play RD though. Not...He Has played RD. That's like getting me for your swim team because my avatar is a fish.

• Haha
Reactions: DrEasy

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

You don't need a Tkachuck to win you need a deep team, with great top end and defensively responsible players.

Also you realize we've had Brady for like years and haven't won shit? Like not even the bare minimum.

What happened when Florida acquired Matthew?

What was open of the primary needs on our powerhouse teams in the early 2000s that rhymes with Larry Boberts?

Players like Tkachuk are very rare. Very few teams have a player like him. It is why it would be a huge set back to have to move him.

I think he is probably gone whether these rumors are true or not. He comes from a hockey family who knows how to play the game and I don't think any superstar who has the leverage to force a trade would want to stay with a non-playoff team for 7 or 8 seasons.

I think trading him is a disaster. Like with Mark Stone. It's one of the players who we are going to have to sit and watch be a difference maker somewhere else. When people close their eyes and think about Mark Stone, they don't see him in an Ottawa jersey. His legacy is tied to another team now. The exact same thing will happen if they trade Brady..

Reactions: bert

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
I was pumped when he got here. I thought he could play RD though. Not...He Has played RD. That's like getting me for your swim team because my avatar is a fish.
Now..Now you tell us.

I signed us up for the Somersault team relay this August.

You had the swim leg, I cycle and @Tuna99 was doing the run leg.

I saw fish, I figured, we got this.

Tune, you don't have to train anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: Loach

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
What happened when Florida acquired Matthew?

What was open of the primary needs on our powerhouse teams in the early 2000s that rhymes with Larry Boberts?

Players like Tkachuk are very rare. Very few teams have a player like him. It is why it would be a huge set back to have to move him.

I think he is probably gone whether these rumors are true or not. He comes from a hockey family who knows how to play the game and I don't think any superstar who has the leverage to force a trade would want to stay with a non-playoff team for 7 or 8 seasons.

I think trading him is a disaster. Like with Mark Stone. It's one of the players who we are going to have to sit and watch be a difference maker somewhere else. When people close their eyes and think about Mark Stone, they don't see him in an Ottawa jersey. His legacy is tied to another team now. The exact same thing will happen if they trade Brady..

I mean Florida was pretty great even before Matthew and he's also like 110 point player.

I'm not saying that Brady style isn't conducive to winning. Just that you don't NEED a Brady to win, teams without a Brady type win every year.

There are other things that are more important.

If a Brady trade improves our top end, depth, defensive ability then we will be a better team that will win more.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Chychrun hasnt been great but playing with Hamonic has thrown everyone who plays with him off.

Also Stuztle should take a lot more heat for 2 on 1.
No, there is zero need for a pinch, when a board battle is 3 feet away, the only reason it wasn’t a breakaway was because Hammer was back.
If Chychurn even skates back at half speed he catches the goal scorer.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Nobody really has a Tkachuk, but they have guys that bring elements he does,

Barbachev was a monster for VGK throwing the body around, and scored his fair share doing it.

Colorado had Landeskog's physical presence,

Tampa had Goodrow and Coleman.

Come playoffs, you need that physicality to wear down the opposition, Tkachuk provides that in spades while also being a top end offensive winger.

There's a reason Staios laughed at the suggestion we'd be trading Tkachuk, but if we were, every other team in the league would be calling.

Reactions: Senovision

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I mean Florida was pretty great even before Matthew and he's also like 110 point player.

I'm not saying that Brady style isn't conducive to winning. Just that you don't NEED a Brady to win, teams without a Brady type win every year.

There are other things that are more important.

If a Brady trade improves our top end, depth, defensive ability then we will be a better team that will win more.
Nope. You're not doing this. Just go back to getting EK.

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
Nobody really has a Tkachuk, but they have guys that bring elements he does,
---------

Come playoffs, you need that physicality to wear down the opposition, Tkachuk provides that in spades while also being a top end offensive winger.

There's a reason Staios laughed at the suggestion we'd be trading Tkachuk, but if we were, every other team in the league would be calling.
maybe not.

1) He has been here a while and like Agent Zub said.. nothing to show for it.
2) he does not block shots, you and I had a long exchange 2-3 years ago and you had the stats. He is not exactly Selke material.
3) he is a solid 80 point man, no taking anything away. But PP1 helps.

4) 8.2 M AAV, but is much closer to 9 M on the years he has left. On pace for 72 or so points. Below his high of 83. Is a 75-83 point man worth 9 M? in todays NHL were scoring has soared.

5) he fights? Yes.. How long will that last? Fighters pay a price. Damage to their hands.. Brain injury.. As he ages, how long before he realizes, he has to stop. He is one injury to his hand away from stopping. In a year or so, maybe a new born baby. And maybe he starts seeing himself in a different light and figures, no need to injure myself or get CTE..

In the end, I do not believe that as many teams as you think will call.

I'm glad we have him, but he is not his brother. Mathew had tremendous success, right off the bat in Calgary.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
maybe not.

2) he does not block shots, you and I had a long exchange 2-3 years ago and you had the stats. He is not exactly Selke material.

4) 8.2 M AAV, but is much closer to 9 M on the years he has left. On pace for 72 or so points. Below his high of 83. Is a 75-83 point man worth 9 M? in todays NHL were scoring has soared.

5) he fights? Yes.. How long will that last? Fighters pay a price. Damage to their hands.. Brain injury.. As he ages, how long before he realizes, he has to stop. He is one injury to his hand away from stopping. In a year or so, maybe a new born baby. And maybe he starts seeing himself in a different light and figures, no need to injure myself or get CTE..

I'm glad we have him, but he is not his brother. Mathew had tremendous success, right off the bat in Calgary.
If anybody has a reason to ask out...it's Chabot.

Reactions: NB613

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Shouldn't better coaching have resulted in better goaltending? The numbers are basically flat pre- and post-DJ.
That is a ridiculousness notion. Sort of like asking why Kastelic isn't scoring 40 goals under JM. Coaches can give teams concepts and strategy to improve overall play and some techniques to slightly improve their own game but almost impossible to change their overall ability. The team is giving up less chances and shots but the goalies continue to let inan excess of bad goals because they are bad goalies.

Last edited:

Senovision

May 23, 2011
maybe not.

Matthew was on a Calgary team with really good goaltending and physical dmen. We have neither. You cant blame Brady for our failures. We have many many reasons why we have not been a playoff team. We know he isnt Matthew and no one ever thought he would be. Matthew makes 3 million more a year...when you consider the taxes in Florida.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
That is a ridiculousness notion. Sort of like asking why Kastelic isn't scoring 40 goals under JM. Coaches can give teams and concepts and strategy to improve overall play and some techniques to slightly improve their own game but almost impossible to change their overall ability. The team is giving up less chances and shots but the goalies continue to let inan excess of bad goals because they are bad goalies.
Especially in the case of Korpisalo, he played long enough and played enough games that his career tells us everything we need(ed) to know. There's no mystery and we can't expect a miracle.

Reactions: DueDiligence

CostPerRebuild

Sep 20, 2018
You really think a Tkachuk is going to be fine with 7 NHL seasons and no playoffs? Whether he's part of the blame or not, he's not going stay and stick it out for f***ing Ottawa.
He's partly responsible for the slow removal of DJ in my eyes.
He can't pull that move for that reason.

Reactions: HSF

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Relative to the amounts of games he wins us. What

like a package we get for Brady could result in more wins due to having a greater effect on a game to game basis.

i remember when we were going through the first Brady contract saga and no end seemed in sight, and I proposed

Thomas + Parayko for Brady

Blues fan were willing to do it. and does a package like that not make us unequivocally a better team than just Brady?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Teams would be willing to pay an absolutely insane amount for Tkachuk

This is the same league where career 50-60P guy PLD got 8.5M x 8YRs because he occasionally throws hits and drives the net when he isn't being a lazy entitled POS (which is most of the time).

It's the same league that saw Anderson get 5.5M x 7YRs coming off of a 1 goal 4 point season and Wilson get a 6.5M x 7YR extension starting when he's 30.

And did anyone see what Tampa Bay paid for Jeannot last trade deadline? Traded what amounts to an entire draft in picks for a guy that had 14 points in 56 games because he's tough and can fight.

Teams do extremely desperate and stupid things for these types of players, and unlike the plugs named above Brady can actually play.

If he were traded there's no doubt in my mind he'd return more than any other player in recent memory.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
If Alfie and EK can go and we have to move on, I can let go of Brady too, but I still don't buy anything to it until we see what happens next year. I think he'll want to at least see through next season before calling Dorion's an uncorrectable failure.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Teams would be willing to pay an absolutely insane amount for Tkachuk

This is the same league where career 50-60P guy PLD got 8.5M x 8YRs because he occasionally throws hits and drives the net when he isn't being a lazy entitled POS (which is most of the time).

It's the same league that saw Anderson get 5.5M x 7YRs coming off of a 1 goal 4 point season and Wilson get a 6.5M x 7YR extension starting when he's 30.

And did anyone see what Tampa Bay paid for Jeannot last trade deadline? Traded what amounts to an entire draft in picks for a guy that had 14 points in 56 games because he's tough and can fight.

Teams do extremely desperate and stupid things for these types of players, and unlike the plugs named above Brady can actually play.

If he were traded there's no doubt in my mind he'd return more than any other player in recent memory.

which is the point. there is a very good chance we get a haul that is big enough that it would make us better team and finally get us into the playoffs or even just significantly improve our future outlook to becoming a contender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad