Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
To Pittsburgh

Chychrun
Tarasenko
9.6M out

To Ottawa

Karlsson 2M retained
8M in

Call up Crookshank to replace Tarasenko

• Haha
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
To Pittsburgh

Chychrun
Tarasenko
9.6M out

To Ottawa

Karlsson 2M retained
8M in

That’s the biggest haul karlsson would have ever gotten lol.

Hypothetically if we get karlsson we need to get him a very solid partner. FA?

Hanifin would be perfect. But rumour is he wants the states.

Forsling? Skjei?

Last edited:

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
To Pittsburgh

Chychrun
Tarasenko
9.6M out

To Ottawa

Karlsson 2M retained
8M in

Forsling? Skjei?
Ooof

Well, Chychrun has another year on his contract and Tarasenko will be UFA this summer. So the terms of these 2 assets that the Penguins acquire aren't adding a lot of value.

And, I think the haul we got when we traded Karlsson to the Sharks was definitely greater.

I think the better question is IF Pittsburgh has decided to rebuild, would they want either picks/prospects, or would they prefer vets with a little more term if they see the asset coming back as a key piece to have around for awhile?

Penguins need to decide what their strategic direction is. Is it a rebuild, or something else? I always wonder about these "retools" and how often they actually work (it's a question, as I don't have the answer/data)?

Reactions: Stutzlaaaa

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Forsling? Skjei?

In this crazy hypothetical world where we add a 34 year old Karlsson when we still haven't made the playoffs yet, would Sanderson not work?

Sanderson-Karlsson
Chabot-Zub
Kleven/Brannsrtom-JBD/Hamonic

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
In this crazy hypothetical world where we add a 34 year old Karlsson when we still haven't made the playoffs yet, would Sanderson not work?

Sanderson-Karlsson
Chabot-Zub
You trade Chabot too! It's crazy time isn't it? That should get a stay at home left d, they are easier to find than rd, and a bit extra.
Sanderson-Zub
?-Karlsson
Kleven-JBD

+ some extra bits.

• Love
Reactions: Codo37

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Sanderson-Karlsson
Chabot-Zub
I don’t want karlsson dragging Sanderson down. Sanderson and zub work.
And chabot and karlsson definitely would NOT work. So. Maybe you’re right. Ideal we move chabot somehow and get a solid young defender first d man

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I don’t want karlsson dragging Sanderson down. Sanderson and zub work.
And chabot and karlsson definitely would NOT work. So. Maybe you’re right. Ideal we move chabot somehow and get a solid young defender first d man

How are you getting that Karlsson would be dragging Sanderson down.

Imagine all that Sanderson could learn from Karlsson.

Reactions: NB613

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Giroux is one of our most valuable forwards because unlike the majority of them he is able to slow the play down and through hockey sense and experience able to make plays that heighten the play of his linemates.

Karlsson is even better at doing that than Giroux.

But on the same hand Giroux is able to play so good because he has a team of young players with exuberant legs to form chemistry with.

Karlsson would be able to leverage those young legs even better. Maybe even able to put up another Norris level season.

Need a mix of high end youth and high end experience. It benefits both and leads to winning hockey.

Reactions: NB613

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Dreger said on TSN radio yesterday that Staois called on Brayden Schenn - didn't elaborate much past that.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
To Pittsburgh

Chychrun
Tarasenko
9.6M out

To Ottawa

Karlsson 2M retained
8M in

Chychrun and Tarasenko dealt at the deadline should return at least a 1st + a couple 2nds + more.

Karlsson doesn't have that kind of value. I doubt he has much value at all at this point.

If there's a trade to be made it's a swap of Chabot for Karlsson + Joseph.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Thought you meant Luke Schenn for a second and got confused because we don’t need an old LD. Then I realized you meant Brayden Schenn and got confused because we don’t need an old C.
I am like 60% sure now that staios is an idiot. And Poulin will back any decision that’s like “hmm this old vet who was once seen as a tough leader”

Karlsson led the Senators to more wins, comeback wins, improbable playoffs than any player since.

How is that giving up on plays all game long? It's the exact opposite.
Sooo many comback wins and impropable playoffs lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad