Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
HAHA you're right. Oh well I am too lazy now. That makes it even worse
Stützle - T39th (avg: 32)
Giroux - T47th (avg: 64)
Tkachuk - T64th (avg: 96)
Batherson - T97th (avg: 128)
Tarasenko - T107th (avg: 160)
Chychrun - T165 (avg: 192)
Joseph - 192nd (avg: 224)

Not sure what point you're trying to make here but I dont think you're making it

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Interesting think to look at when you see overall point standings

Stutzle ranked 47th
Brady ranked 64th

There are 32 Teams in the league

Stutzle is basically the best player on this team, but ranks 15th among best players from each Team.

Brady is the 2nd best player on the Team, but ranks dead last among 2nd best players from each Team
Those are very definitive statements to be making based on point totals alone.

Norris + Korpisalo -> Zegras + Gibson

Don't know if I'd want to do this, but the dollars are close. Is Gibson a reliable upgrade over Korpisalo or just a 6M lottery ticket?
I'd do it. That's a lot of relief on term, and Gibson is at least serviceable.

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Those are very definitive statements to be making based on point totals alone.

I'd do it. That's a lot of relief on term, and Gibson is at least serviceable.

Not making any definitive statement. Just a perspective that shows that our top players are also underachieving.

If we need to make the playoffs next year, Brady and Stu needs to be 15 points better at this point in time, along with everything else.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Not making any definitive statement. Just a perspective that shows that our top players are also underachieving.

If we need to make the playoffs next year, Brady and Stu needs to be 15 points better at this point in time, along with everything else.
It sure seemed like you were drawing conclusions from point totals. I would argue setting a specific target required for playoffs is in a way doubling down on that.

I think Brady has been the least of their problems this year. Stu has struggled for sure, but has had his bright spots as well. Norris is the big one I hope for much, much more from.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It's pretty simple.

Stutzle is 39th
Giroux is 47th
Tkachuk is 64th

They have 3 guys in the top 64 scorers, one of 9 teams with 3

Not sure you're making the point you're trying to
Are we one of only 9 teams with 3. As in 3 is the most? Or the least?

trade Norris for a RD and bring back galchenyuk and play him center. Remember that clap bomb he unleashed in Winnipeg.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Are we one of only 9 teams with 3. As in 3 is the most? Or the least?

trade Norris for a RD and bring back galchenyuk and play him center. Remember that clap bomb he unleashed in Winnipeg.
There are teams with more, like Tampa, Rangers and the Stars that have more than 3.

My mistake on the quick count, there were 11/32 that had 3 players in the top 64

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I bet Martin would prefer white to Kubalik at this point. Although so how Kubalik has goals this year which is absolutely astonishing

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Not sure if White can bring anything to a 4th line that Chartier or Chartier can't. White might be an upgrade on Kubalik, but he has to be an upgrade on the next man up, too.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Not sure if White can bring anything to a 4th line that Chartier or Chartier can't. White might be an upgrade on Kubalik, but he has to be an upgrade on the next man up, too.
I said it mainly as a joke but if white is still good defensively then he is worth a look over kubalik.

I do agree with being better than next man up but with the Sens where they are in the standings and with Belleville competing for a playoff spot it doesn't make sense to remove a forward from Belleville for the rest of the year to fill a 4th line role in ottawa

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I didn't realize that White was on waiver.

They could bring him back and send someone else down. It's not like we have a ton of depth. He is a league minimum guy who was apparently well likes in the room. We don't have many right handed forwards.

Ironically, we are still paying him his buyout.

He also could be a good rental for the AHL if he clears waivers later on. Which is possible.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He's done, unfortunately :(.

Vegas should look into him. He had chemistry with Stone. At this point, I'm sure they could get him for something like a conditional late pick that only transfers if he plays x amount of games.

On a side note, I was excited when Logan Brown signed with Tampa Bay....shame on me.
03331261-A99D-4ED8-8024-D305C7A8479E.jpeg

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I shit you not. Shit you not. I was looking to see if anyone was selling a sens one. But I may just get one made

Our Center depth is perfect. 1 2 and 3 plus another center playing wing in the top 9. Trade none of them

If anyone is willing to bite on Norris you'd be crazy not to trade with whoever that idiot is lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Alex1234

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad