Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I really really hope we keep chych. 7.5x8. Keep him on the right. The chemistry will come. Once chych gets comfortable here long term he will play well.
Not just about chemistry, which obviously isn't good, he looks extremely uncomfortable on his offside, which shows up seeing he's extremely close to leading the league in giveaways

Banking on him just "getting it" on the right side some time down the road is a gigantic, gigantic gamble.

If we are keeping Chych, it needs to be on the left and room in the top 4 needs to be made there, forcing a high paid player on his offside where he's struggling, who brings the same game, give or take, as the guy on the left, is a very, very unwise decision.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I get Sanderson is the kid, but he’s also easily the best defenceman we have - of all of them HIS skillset and ability seem the most conducive to playing his offside.

Have I just not paid attention to deployment or have they not tried this?
Seems bizarre to not have seen what that looks like over 10 games.

Chychrun Sanderson
Chabot Zub
Kleven some dude.

Reactions: Masked

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I get Sanderson is the kid, but he’s also easily the best defenceman we have - of all of them HIS skillset and ability seem the most conducive to playing his offside.

Have I just not paid attention to deployment or have they not tried this?
Seems bizarre to not have seen what that looks like over 10 games.

Chychrun Sanderson
Chabot Zub
Kleven some dude.
You don't want to take your best players out of their best positions because they are better than others at the other side.

You want your best players playing where they are most comfortable, and able to control the game the best.

Sanderson on the right, while he would be better than whomever else we put there, would lead to a worse outcome because Sanderson won't be playing the high, high l;evel needed of him against the other teams best players.

No doubt Sanderson would be better on the right side than Chychrun, but Sanderson on his strongside and Chychrun on his off is much better for the team than Chychrun on his strongside and Sanderson on his off.

Ideally, we aren't playing any guys on their offside, unless that's their preferred side like Gonchar.

Hockey insiderr said the Sens phushing hard for Zegras and they have offer the best offer to date
Kevin Francis'esque

On a quick look, he was Kevin Francis before Kevin Francis

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Would be unbelievable if he were playing on the right side, I'd take him over Chychrun without thinking twice.

As is, the team has it's puckmovers on the left side, and shutdown/defensive guys on the right. Not sure there's a fit for him with the current roster construction, but he's exactly what we need on the right side.

They won't be getting anything back as good as Romanov though, that would be very surprising.
I think you are undervaluing Chychrun.

Hockey insiderr said the Sens phushing hard for Zegras and they have offer the best offer to date
Someone making a bad guess as to who Staios was watching with Anaheim. More likely Gibson or Gudas.

Reactions: Dionysus

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Remember Vejmelka was all the rage
With some avocado toast, chefs kiss.

veg079__0002_8160575-0111-avocado_vegemite_on_toast.jpg

Reactions: Burrowsaurus

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I think you are undervaluing Chychrun.

Someone making a bad guess as to who Staios was watching with Anaheim. More likely Gibson or Gudas.
Romanov has only gotten better since being dealt for 13th overall, is exactly the type of player the Sens need, will never command a gigantic salary.

We need players like Romanov.

Like I said, he doesn't fit with the roster construction being a left side D, but what Romanov brings is much more valuable to the Sens than what Chychrun does.

If we were offered Romanov for Chychrun I still take that and then sort it out over the next few months.

Wouldn't even mind a 3 pair approach,

Sanderson-xxx
Romanov-Zub
Chabot-JBD

We'd have the best pure shutdown pair since Phillips-Volchenkov for 19/20 minutes a game, and then play Chabot-JBD as they are being played now, and find a RD through UFA who can play 19/20 minutes a night next to Sanderson.

Sanderson 24 mins - All around All-star
Chabot 22 mins - Offensive/Transition
Romanov 20 mins - Physical/Defensive
Zub 20 mins - 2 Way/Defensive
xxx ~19 mins - Defensive
JBD ~17 mins - Defensive

Last edited:

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
When you're looking for low-maintenance veterans to help shepherd your young players to the next level, Trevor Zegars is your man!

That's definitely happening.

• Haha
Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Sigh an average- below average Karlsson year would be a career Chabot year.

And now we probably have to pay for a team to take Chabot.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
You don't want to take your best players out of their best positions because they are better than others at the other side.

You want your best players playing where they are most comfortable, and able to control the game the best.

Sanderson on the right, while he would be better than whomever else we put there, would lead to a worse outcome because Sanderson won't be playing the high, high l;evel needed of him against the other teams best players.

No doubt Sanderson would be better on the right side than Chychrun, but Sanderson on his strongside and Chychrun on his off is much better for the team than Chychrun on his strongside and Sanderson on his off.

Ideally, we aren't playing any guys on their offside, unless that's their preferred side like Gonchar.

Yeah, I get that I guess. Makes sense.

Reactions: BondraTime

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
What's going on with Norris? I feel like some of the talk I've heard makes it seem like he's not the core guy I thought he was. Is he potentially available?

Reactions: NB613

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What's going on with Norris? I feel like some of the talk I've heard makes it seem like he's not the core guy I thought he was. Is he potentially available?
Have a down year. Hurt all last year. Some have totally turned against him

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Interesting think to look at when you see overall point standings

Stutzle ranked 47th
Brady ranked 64th

There are 32 Teams in the league

Stutzle is basically the best player on this team, but ranks 15th among best players from each Team.

Brady is the 2nd best player on the Team, but ranks dead last among 2nd best players from each Team

• Haha
Reactions: Emerica

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Interesting think to look at when you see overall point standings

Stutzle ranked 47th
Brady ranked 64th

There are 32 Teams in the league

Stutzle is basically the best player on this team, but ranks 15th among best players from each Team.

Brady is the 2nd best player on the Team, but ranks dead last among 2nd best players from each Team
Should do that math again, of course using only points

And missing Giroux, unless you are somehow saying that points aren't all that matters when deciding who the better players are, while at the same time using them to decide who the best players are

Reactions: Dionysus

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Should do that math again, of course using only points

And missing Giroux, unless you are somehow saying that points aren't all that matters when deciding who the better players are, while at the same time using them to decide who the best players are

HAHA you're right. Oh well I am too lazy now. That makes it even worse

• Haha
Reactions: LiseL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad