Speculation: Flames complete fire sale coming?

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
They were at the same fork in the road last summer and tried running it back. Now they're here again. If they're having regret, why would you expect them to continue kicking the can down the road?
They were great last year and would have given Colorado a great run in the semis if Markstrom didn't fall apart against Edmonton.

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Only thing the flames ownership cares about selling is tickets. THEY WILL NEVER FULLY REBUILD.

We should definitely be selling off some assets and trying to recoup some picks at the very least with how bad our cap situation will be next year anyways.... only rumours I have heard is that they are interested in buying Nick Ritchie and Edmundson which better facking not be true lol

Reactions: Rockmorton

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Reactions: Lacaar

Esko

Sep 23, 2015
Tough part for Calgary is that their most movable pieces are probably the players they want to hold onto. Lindholm, Toffoli, and Backlund all UFA's in 24-25 but are arguably their best forwards, or at least are contributing the most given their contracts. I don't see any major surgery from Calgary today, I think they'll have to wait till the offseason to really dissect their roster. Tough task for Treliving.

cyberpunk

Feb 7, 2009
I think the Flames missed out on selling and buying. Still disappointing fans at a whole new level by doing nothing.

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
Lindholm on the Jets would look really good. Not sure I'd like the price it would take though.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Like you weren't trolling? The difference is, I didn't specify one team. You did. Look in the mirror, pal.
I said "they would have given Colorado a great run in the semi-finals" and you were offended by that? What? You took that as some kind of slight on Colorado???? Bro....

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I said "they would have given Colorado a great run in the semi-finals" and you were offended by that? What? You took that as some kind of slight on Colorado???? Bro....

So when I do to you (or similar) as what you did to me, you're allowed to be offended? Then, when your hypocrisy is pointed out to you, your go to move is then telling me that I'm not allowed to be offended (when that's precisely what you did)?

That makes a lot of sense.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
So when I do to you (or similar) as what you did to me, you're allowed to be offended? Then, when your hypocrisy is pointed out to you, your go to move is then telling me that I'm not allowed to be offended (when that's precisely what you did)?

That makes a lot of sense.
Take a deep breath, Tex.

Either you don't understand what the phrase 'would have given Colorado a good run' means, or you need to go for a walk.

I mean, there's literally nothing disparaging about Colorado in that comment, all I said was the Calgary last year was a very good team that got let down vs Edmonton by goaltending. No one is trying to take anything away from Colorado.

It's like people go searching for things to be offended by. TF?

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
If we are at the buzzer today with no moves done and nothing big to announce:

Lucic 50% retained for Joona Koppanen (I remember reading a rumor that he wanted out as a prospect/ahl player and try a new team).

Keep him for the rest of the season for lockerroom/fourth line role (swapping with Greer) . Have him in the lockerroom/practice/pressbox for playoffs.

those that want him back for this run have him. Those that dont want him in the playoffs dont have to have him either. super low risk, happy fans, low rewards.

Edit:
Suggested future conciderations on bruins board but didnt know if calgary would do empty handed for a retained lucic

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
If we are at the buzzer today with no moves done and nothing big to announce:

Lucic 50% retained for Joona Koppanen (I remember reading a rumor that he wanted out as a prospect/ahl player and try a new team).

Keep him for the rest of the season for lockerroom/fourth line role (swapping with Greer) . Have him in the lockerroom/practice/pressbox for playoffs.

those that want him back for this run have him. Those that dont want him in the playoffs dont have to have him either. super low risk, happy fans, low rewards
Those that want him back don't want him in the press box.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
We are 6 points out from WC2 (lose tie breaker) and 8 from pacific 3 and we've played more games.

Are you sure?
Yeah I am. The Flames have been playing good hockey off late. Kraken have not.

Let me just say that if I were a betting man and asked to put money on the Kraken making the playoffs, I wouldn't.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
This. Hell will freeze over before the Flames rebuild. I can see them making some hockey trades and maybe a coaching change, but they'll never tear it down.

A rebuild will be forced down their throats, it won't happen for 2-3 years but a rebuild will be forced down their throats because people won't pay for a mediocre product.

Tough part for Calgary is that their most movable pieces are probably the players they want to hold onto. Lindholm, Toffoli, and Backlund all UFA's in 24-25 but are arguably their best forwards, or at least are contributing the most given their contracts. I don't see any major surgery from Calgary today, I think they'll have to wait till the offseason to really dissect their roster. Tough task for Treliving.

Trevling won't be back.

Reactions: BHD

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Those that want him back don't want him in the press box.
I think a compromise could be had between our own fanbase.

For as much as I think hes better in the lockeroom than on ice (i have only seen like 4 calgary games this year) for playoffs; I would see a point in having him play a game if there are injuries if Greer/Lauko are struggling in a series.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010

Let me just say that if I were a betting man and asked to put money on the Kraken making the playoffs, I wouldn't.
Aside from the Boston game, that's not really true. They've lost 4 straight, 3-4-3 in their last 10; haven't won back-to-back games in months.

They're one point out of the Bedard sweepstakes and a lot of the teams below them have games in hand.

Reactions: BHD and 23Monahan

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
I think the Flames missed out on selling and buying. Still disappointing fans at a whole new level by doing nothing.
I dn't think it would matter if they made moves with the guy in charge. Treliving just built (or ruined) this.

If they're going to change direction so soon, they need a whole new vision, which means replacing the architect.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
They’re in a crappy limbo state. Which is in my opinion worse than being a garbage team.

Clearly the fire sale (if happening) is not until the off-season and upper management is waiting to see the results of this year. Otherwise they would have not waited until the TDL to do….anything.

In all fairness they’ve gone into the playoffs a few times recently as one of the top teams and quickly fizzled out. Not completely impossible they do the opposite.

Reactions: 23Monahan

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018

Flames have not been great recently at all. And I REALLY dont think the flames with more games played and the rebuilding Predators are going to make up 7-8 points to hop over seattle for a playoff spot.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Flames have not been great recently at all. And I REALLY dont think the flames with more games played and the rebuilding Predators are going to make up 7-8 points to hop over seattle for a playoff spot.
I hope you are right because it would be nice for Seattle to make the playoffs, despite all of us expecting a first-round exit. I wish I had as much faith as you do .. LOL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad