Post-Game Talk: Jets 8 - Sharks 3

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
First time ever the Jets started 4-0, so who knows ? we may even beat last years 108 point total, or at least come close to it.

Great to see the Ehlers line producing they way they did, and Ehlers was flying out there. In my mind, Ehlers is a key player for the Jets, and without him, we wouldn't have much of a second line. Names is also underrated, always hustling and making players, and is a good skater. Be nice to see Ehlers get resigned, but it's a matter of how much $$

Hope the Jets continue playing like this, and thump the Pens.

Last edited:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Best part of this absolutely dominant win is that Ehlers looked like an elite player and the schefi-connor line had absolutely horrible fancy stats... so let the debate rage on!!!
Didn’t they out score their opposition 5 v 5? They had 1 and their goals were pp, against our 4th line and against our third line.

Malcsta

Mar 15, 2024
are the pens doing alright this year so far? havent watched any of the games. wouldnt be shocked if its a surprise afternoon stinker, seems to happen frequently.

slurpee addict

Winter is Coming
Jul 13, 2018
Winnipeg
Didn’t see the game but pleased to see line 2 get going. Any line with Names at centre has a chance to be good. He’s so responsible and consistent. Perfetti performance (points) is a good sign. Hope I’m wrong with him. We need that extra scoring.

Reactions: GNP

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Ok yes I like the win but the reason the 2nd line dominated is because A) the sharks 2nd line is complete trash and B) they were tired. I hope to God we see Ehlers score 70+ points this year. Perfetan was perfect. I remain optimistically skeptical.

Reactions: GNP

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
This is a good point. Samberg is looking great, and Fleury easily fills a bottom pairing role.
I don't want to throw water on the fire but it's early and we have played a few weaker teams (and the Oilers didn't show up) -
But it is encouraging to see Fleury play as well as he has - and the depth is nice.
Stand and Ville will need to impress - no walk on's

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Best part of this absolutely dominant win is that Ehlers looked like an elite player and the schefi-connor line had absolutely horrible fancy stats... so let the debate rage on!!!

Fancy stats are fun to talk about but one game sample sizes are just way too small. The only thing I didn’t love about Connor and Schief is blow outs bring the worst out of them because they really cheat for offense to pad. I prefer watching them play in close hard fought games.

I am taking very little from last night because San Jose let us do our thing. Their forecheck was terrible and they gave up their blue line most of the night (when I was watching at least). That is going to make any team look good.

That wasn’t a real hockey game but it was lots of fun to watch.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Ehlers will make Chevy, Bowness and Arniel to look like idiots when he signs somewhere else and scores +80 points.

Even if the coach is a puppet of Scheifele and he wants play with Connor, he should use Ehlers way more. His ice time is a real issue. Why play your best winger on 5on5 only 15 min per game? Connor is better scorer and better pp player, but there is zero excuses why Ehlers should play less than 18 min per night. Zero.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Wow! Jets are expected to roll these plugs and they did with authority.
2nd line came alive which is nice to see.

5 out of 5 John Wicks

1729336441473.gif1729336441473.gif1729336441473.gif1729336441473.gif1729336441473.gif

Onwards and UOWARDS Jets FANS! 1st place always feels grrrrreat!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Great game from Ehlers and the entire team, coming off of a week between games could have been ugly no matter who the Jets were playing. I thought Perfetti had a great game and it started in the 1st period when he came back on a giveaway by the Jets and broke up a pass right in front of Helly. Now we boogie-woogie.
Lets dance to Perfetti's goal song.:laugh:

Reactions: Dirtbag151

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad