Speculation: Flames complete fire sale coming?

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
The Flames are locked into trying to contend. That’s always been their MO. It’s faulty in my opinion, but it’s how their ownership operates. They will not go into rebuild mode.

They’re not making the playoffs this year, but I suspect they mostly just roll it back next year and hope for better goaltending.

They don’t have any significant FAs this year so I don’t see them making many, if any, moves.

Ledge And Dairy

I'd run it back next year and hope that Markstrom pulls himself together. They utterly worked Boston the other night, they can't be that bad.
Hopefully our GM (not sure if it will be Tre or someone else) doesn't go out and sign a bunch of 13th forward vets though. We have some NHL ready prospects that really should be getting full time jobs next year. Pelletier has looked good so far an will only keep improving, Coronato is probably signing after the Frozen Four tournament, Zary has looked great in the AHL, Wolf should probably be called up next year, Ruzicka should get a full time position, Deuhr has looked solid in his recent call up.

Reactions: BruinsBtn

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
We need new coach and GM, and we need to fire Markstrom into the sun, and bring up Dustin Wolf.
Can't expect a goalie to play better than he did last night. That was a great save on Nylander breakaway.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Hopefully our GM (not sure if it will be Tre or someone else) doesn't go out and sign a bunch of 13th forward vets though. We have some NHL ready prospects that really should be getting full time jobs next year. Pelletier has looked good so far an will only keep improving, Coronato is probably signing after the Frozen Four tournament, Zary has looked great in the AHL, Wolf should probably be called up next year, Ruzicka should get a full time position, Deuhr has looked solid in his recent call up.
I definitely expect Pelletier and Duehr are full time NHLers next season. I believe Coronato will be as well. Honestly it's probably a quiet summer.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
As a Canes fan, I'd love to get Lindholm. However, I'm not expecting it. After our previous deadline moves (both players combined taking up 7 million), we don't have much cap space left, and Lindholm wasn't gonna be cheap even without retention.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
They cannot give up on this yet, would be ludicrous after money and term given out last summer.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
There is worse ownership, like North of us.
I mean Katz isn't exactly the best owner but he was able to get an arena built, hasn't pinched pennies or put any financial limitations on the team and allowed the GMs to do their job and even rebuild when it made sense. Wouldn't consider trading our owner for Calgary's.

Reactions: viper0220

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Maybe if they completely whiff on the playoffs and in the offseason. With Lindholm needing an extension, I’d think the Flames would exhaust every opportunity to extend him first. If not, how would you value him as a one year rental?

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
It was very typical of our year for our goalie to finally show up when we were going to lose anyway

I watched the Boston game and you guys definitely should have won that. Last night Markstrom was ontop of his game, but it seems you guys love losing to 3rd string goalies.. like a curse.. and what the hell has happened to Mangiapane and Lindholm this year?? I believe a complete fire sale is nonsense, but something has to change because you guys should be in a playoff position this season, not looking from the outside in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad