Speculation: Flames complete fire sale coming?

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Can't expect a goalie to play better than he did last night. That was a great save on Nylander breakaway.
Last night was definitely not on him. But it was also probably his best game all year.

There’s still a chance he returns to form next season, but an .889 save percentage doesn’t cut it as an NHL starter.

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Why would they sell?
They are one of the oldest teams in the league that has a pretty bare prospect pool and is already not good enough to make the playoffs in the weak western conference.

Why wouldn't we sell? And if not shouldn't we be buying or trying to upgrade the roster in some way?

Reactions: McIce Whole

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Yeah I am. The Flames have been playing good hockey off late. Kraken have not.

Let me just say that if I were a betting man and asked to put money on the Kraken making the playoffs, I wouldn't.

I can't tell if we're fans of each other's teams or not. Or if we're just intelligent betters. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Treliving likely needs the Flames ownership approval to fire sale, otherwise they will whoop his ass.

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
Fire sale at deadline makes no sense. At this point the org needs to take the summer and rethink their approach. Expectations were high after the big trades but obviously things on paper didnt translate to ice. I dont think this team sucks beyond repair. Some tweaks to overall approach could get team on track. Hubs and Kadri, and a few other heads are here to stay. Might as well try and build around them for now and then in 3-5 years go nuclear.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I think they will be big sellers next year if things don't improve. Lots of pending UFAs.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Fire sale at deadline makes no sense. At this point the org needs to take the summer and rethink their approach. Expectations were high after the big trades but obviously things on paper didnt translate to ice. I dont think this team sucks beyond repair. Some tweaks to overall approach could get team on track. Hubs and Kadri, and a few other heads are here to stay. Might as well try and build around them for now and then in 3-5 years go nuclear.

It just amazes me that the coaching staff can't find someone who has chemistry with Huberdeau. In Florida every middle six guy they played with Huberdeau became a PPG player....now nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad