Fire Shanahan/Dubas (Yay or Nay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fire Shanahan/Dubas?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
No that was Shanny at the post presser. Kyle assembled a great team that addressed the clubs weaknesses and Sheldon got the best out of players and adapted to situations. No posters suggested these things were true.
...and the core didn't step up

I didn't hear that Sheldon got the best out of this team tbh, just that he wasn't to blame. He got them in a position to win, the team didn't come through. Mistakes were player driven and not via system. Mental mistakes and lack of finish by our top end.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
...and the core didn't step up

I didn't hear that Sheldon got the best out of this team tbh, just that he wasn't to blame. He got them in a position to win, the team didn't come through. Mistakes were player driven and not via system. Mental mistakes and lack of finish by our top end.

Keefe over-played his top line all year and they were exhausted when it really mattered.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Keefe over-played his top line all year and they were exhausted when it really mattered.
I don't buy it. They generated chances and had opportunities. They over thought some chances, lacked finish and I felt Marner struggled with his decision making all year.

They were overplayed in Game +, Marner specifically but fine the rest of the way

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
The mind is effected by exhaustion... often before the body.
Mistakes weren't building in games as they got tired and "overplayed". Often they got better as the games went on. It was also specifically Marner's decision making and the ones that plagued him all year long.

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
THANK YOU! I keep saying this over and over again. They were visibly exhausted and could barely skate. Yet Tavares & Nylander were held to 16 minutes most games

Reactions: rumman

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Mistakes weren't building in games as they got tired and "overplayed". Often they got better as the games went on. It was also specifically Marner's decision making and the ones that plagued him all year long.

They didn’t tire as the games went on, since they were already worn down from playing an idiotic amount all season.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
As I said at the beginning of the season, this team goes as far as their players take them. The players failed, not Dubas.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
No that was Shanny at the post presser. Kyle assembled a great team that addressed the clubs weaknesses and Sheldon got the best out of players and adapted to situations. No posters suggested these things were true.

And this is 1 of the big reasons why I want not only Dubas but, Shanahan gone.

On top of that, he seemed to have an expression on his face that he was dumbfounded and had no idea how to fix this mess.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
And this is 1 of the big reasons why I want not only Dubas but, Shanahan gone.

On top of that, he seemed to have an expression on his face that he was dumbfounded and had no idea how to fix this mess.
The reason he is dumbfounded is because dubas thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. He might be smart, but it hasn’t translated to his job as a gm. I also think shanahan thinks highly of himself yet I think he has rocks for brains. Dubas just isn’t cut out in being a gm of a nhl team. He’s young, maybe he can be an adequate gm one day, but learning on the job as the gm of the Toronto maple leafs in negotiating the most important contracts perhaps in franchise history is lunacy.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
They should just fire the interim junior coach and get someone who isn't in over their head.
They should, but, firing Keefe would be Dubas acknowledgement that he chose the wrong guy. I don’t think Dubas even sees it. I think he’s probably found some obscure anomaly in the stats and feels like this was just ‘unlucky’ again.

Someome made a great point about the top line that their fancy stats looked good, so they likely think the line played well and didn’t need to be shuffled.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
At least we can console ourselves with the fact that while Dubas dazzles the league with his 5d chess, Lou Lam continues to drive the Isles to the gutter.

For me I give the management another kick at it unless they decide to trade Marner or Nylander. If that’s the case we can’t trust him to make a good deal there and it’s too important to the franchise.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
The reason he is dumbfounded is because dubas thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. He might be smart, but it hasn’t translated to his job as a gm. I also think shanahan thinks highly of himself yet I think he has rocks for brains. Dubas just isn’t cut out in being a gm of a nhl team. He’s young, maybe he can be an adequate gm one day, but learning on the job as the gm of the Toronto maple leafs in negotiating the most important contracts perhaps in franchise history is lunacy.
He has very basic degree from Brock and no high level experience as a player, coach or official.

He may be well spoken but in the hockey world, he’s not smart. He’s uneducated and lacks basic understanding of the fundamentals.

Pookie posted that article that should tell anyone all they need to know - loaded with direct quotes, he arrogantly thinks he can re-invent a wheel, keeps betting his career and image on it, yet keeps failing in spectacular fashion.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
2-3 more years likely until the next rebuild if necessary.
That will be nearly 10 years for Shanahan.
Dubas bet his career on the plan and Matthews/Nylander will be UFA in those 3.
It will also depend on how epic any more failures are. And if some players continue struggles postseason.
I can’t understand why ownership is standing pat? What makes them think this mgmt group have a handle on how to be successful in the playoffs? Time flies and before you know it most of the core will be ufa’s, anyone actually think any of them resign without playoff success? No, they’ll blame the teams mgmt and move along to other opportunities and the Leafs will have squandered yet another window of opportunity to win......

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Tampa won the cup with Stamkos barely even playing. This false narrative and excuses need to go away.

stop supporting this incompetent management

upload_2021-6-8_7-21-36.png

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Accumulated miles over the season. This is another danger in a top heavy roster. Many said this early on but were only met with numbers to compare them to other overplayed players... and the stats were racking up so everyone was happy and not thinking long term.

You’d think they’d at least get this stuff, right? He’s usually playing checkers with his numbers but sports science is actually applicable here.... The one time that calls for science and examining accumulating number and they can’t even get that right.

deprw

Mar 7, 2010
At least we can console ourselves with the fact that while Dubas dazzles the league with his 5d chess, Lou Lam continues to drive the Isles to the gutter.

For me I give the management another kick at it unless they decide to trade Marner or Nylander. If that’s the case we can’t trust him to make a good deal there and it’s too important to the franchise.

It's Barry Trotz not Lou Lamoriello that keeps that Isles engine running. One of the best coaches in last two decades. Can adapt, motivate and knows how to build defensive systems. Can also coach offensive players, but in any case can adapt and play the strength of his team.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
It's Barry Trotz not Lou Lamoriello that keeps that Isles engine running. One of the best coaches in last two decades. Can adapt, motivate and knows how to build defensive systems. Can also coach offensive players, but in any case can adapt and play the strength of his team.
Actually, Barry Trotz wouldn’t even be in NY if not for Lamoriello. He said as much.

Lamoriello hired the best coach in the league, Dubas hired a coach who doesn’t belong in the league. :laugh:

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I don’t even think he is smart.......but he is a good salesman and sold Shanny a defective bill of goods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad