Fire Shanahan/Dubas (Yay or Nay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fire Shanahan/Dubas?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
The dubas fan boys loved trashing lou and babs any chance they got.

But as soon as you say something negative about dubas, they get all offended. It's honestly hilarious.

The dubas fan boys have to be among the worst posters on this site.
Nothing wrong with opposing views, where it get frustrating is when results are ignored. You can’t have a logical conversation with posters lacking principles imo.......

Reactions: Garthinater

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
This got me thinking last night while putting the boy to sleep, butterfly effect and all that, and trying to find the one thing that sets this all sideways. I came down do the surprise win of the Babcock sweepstakes.

H1- Matthews isn't an inherently bad or selfish person. I won't begrudge any player/person the willingness to use the (above board) leverage available to them. The problem was that he was unnecessarily pissed off by a coach that got increasingly wrapped up in his own brand.

H2- Marner was always going to end up pissy and demanding to be treated as Matthews' equal

H3- Shanny split from Lou over disagreement as to how to handle a pissed off M&M moving forward. Lou wanted standard "you shall conform, no one is irreplaceable", Shanny thought they're the future of the franchise and wanted long term reconciliation.

H4- Babs ego + disproportionate influence (for a HC) as a board hire unbalanced management working relationships.

If we lost on Babs:

We end up with a Boucher, someone that develops Matthews without going out of they way to piss him off. With one less voice demanding to stand pat and draft at 4 ( Hunter wanting Marner, Babs Hanifin) Dubas' plan to trade back sways Shanny. We trade back and end up with one of Rantanen/Barzal/Connor/Werenski.

End result: Matthews isn't throwing his weight around trying to get every dollar in order to play unhappily under Babcock. Our 2nd big piece isn't out for blood with small man syndrome trying to get the same as Matthews. We have two picks in that 24-34 range because we'd already have CBJ 34 from the tradeback from 4-8, maybe we have a Carlo/Aho in addition to Dermott. Without the prospect of contentious negotiations with M&M Shanny has no reason to move on from Lou. Both take decent contracts. Without the simmering conflict between Babs and Dubas Kyle and Lou have a better relationship, and draw upon both of their strengths.

We win a cup. I wake up having fallen asleep with my son.
cool fairy tale to tell your son as a bed time story but the butterfly effect was

sign JT for 11m

M and M looked at Johnny Jammies and said we're better than him and set his salary as the floor for what they'd sign for

not as entertaining but much more factual than trying to shift the blame to a former employee

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I don't even know. It's obvious right now that a major re-structuring is needed whether in the front office or the makeup of the team to avoid the coming decline. We've seen the GM double and triple down when pressed on this obvious folly with the cap distribution yet he has stated rather clearly that he's willing to nuke his entire reputation and die on this hill. It turns out that he's not so open-minded and numbers driven about recognizing revealed outcomes after all. Apparently being proven right, i.e. being the smartest guy in the room, has always been his highest objective, not the health and well being of the hockey franchise.
Until I’m proven wrong I’ll stick to the concept that giving half your cap to four players is not a plan for success regardless of what boy genius GM thinks.

Reactions: justashadowof

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
cool fairy tale to tell your son as a bed time story but the butterfly effect was

sign JT for 11m

M and M looked at Johnny Jammies and said we're better than him and set his salary as the floor for what they'd sign for

not as entertaining but much more factual than trying to shift the blame to a former employee

No smart person uses someone with a significantly less favourable package than they want as leverage in a negotiation.

Marner's demands were based on Matthews' contract. Matthews demands were so far beyond JT's contract it plays zero role in the negotiation, other than as a red herring.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

sign JT for 11m

Babcock may or may not have been the coach for this team, but coaching isn’t the main problem with this team. Complaining about coaching and ignoring team cap distribution is like worrying about paying the phone bill while not paying the mortgage imo......

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Realistically who could we be looking at IF dubas gets canned?

At this point , I want results, if it's dubas fine, if it's someone new, cool whatever, I'm not tied to anyone at this point.

Reactions: sparxx87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad