Fire Shanahan/Dubas (Yay or Nay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fire Shanahan/Dubas?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
No but it's fault his coach couldn't figure out a way to either get them to show up, or modify the line up in order to exploit the fact that Montreal only had one defensively responsible forward line.

Just like last year when he made it even easier for CBJ by completely stacking one line to focus on, moving a relatively weak defensive forward to centre line 2, and bringing in a winger for the final game that hadn't played in a couple of months for line 3.

What a tactician :sarcasm:
Getting spanked by Tortarella is one thing. Getting spanked by rookie Ducharme is another.

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
It's weird 'cos in his first 2 playoffs, Marner was the best of 3 young guys in the playoffs. His second playoffs, the first against Boston, he was a monster performer. He looked like a seasoned veteran of the playoff wars. I'm confident he can do it. It's almost like something has happened since Marner's early days with the Leafs... I can't quite put my 11 fingers on it...

Both you & I can... $11 million

Last edited:
Reactions: PromisedLand

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
As a fan of a different NHL team I hope they stay in Toronto. They're doing a wonderful job.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
It's weird 'cos in his first 2 playoffs, Marner was the best of 3 young guys in the playoffs. His second playoffs, the first against Boston, he was a monster performer. He looked like a seasoned veteran of the playoff wars. I'm confident he can do it. It's almost like something has happened since Marner's early days with the Leafs... I can't quite put my 11 fingers on it...

The "John Tavares syndrome" infected Marner. He figured out how to put up the most points with as little effort as possible.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
It's going to take more than moving Marner to improve TOR.

Why get so transfixed on a scapegoat?

If we trade Marner do we really get better?
Yes. A marner trade brings in a few top prospects on elc contracts for the new few seasons and frees up 10m in cap space to add real depth.

Feb 24, 2004
He overpaid Lee by 1M and 2 years but he was their captain and a UFA so he had to keep the dude.

Komorov only makes 3M the reason they had to trade toews was b/c of the Andrew LaDd contract which Garth Snow the previous GM also signed toews was there #4D and they didn't have a spot for him higher as Pelch was and is a better player then him still and they have Dobson who's going to be their 1D for the future who needed minutes

This just isn't true.

Riellyfan04

Feb 25, 2010
Toronto On
Please explain how we are "the problem".

Did you want burke fired? Nonis? Lou?
Lol burke traded away futures, nonis did absolutely crap and Lou was meh.... Shanny has literally brought this team from absolutely nothing to playoff team wit all star young players. Dubas has done an amazing job. Now cause our top player didnt show up for 7 games, we should fire our gm n president? What is wrong with you people!!!! Like stop the bitchin n making this fan base a joke..... Our core isnf even in their primes and we all. Here panicking. This fanbase is so dam childish

Reactions: The Legend

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Lol burke traded away futures, nonis did absolutely crap and Lou was meh.... Shanny has literally brought this team from absolutely nothing to playoff team wit all star young players. Dubas has done an amazing job. Now cause our top player didnt show up for 7 games, we should fire our gm n president? What is wrong with you people!!!! Like stop the bitchin n making this fan base a joke..... Our core isnf even in their primes and we all. Here panicking. This fanbase is so dam childish
Yes - it's the fans
4 first round exits where they show little compete and no push-back. Where the "stars" get shut down. But hey let's wait a few years until they're in their prime
What a post

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2004
You don’t watch the Islanders. What do you know?

Komorov is playing on their top line. In the second round. He played important minutes for them all the way to the conference finals last year.

People hammering on this specific contract are so out of touch.

He was literally put on and cleared waivers multiple times this season and was scratched for half the games.

He's averaging 12 minutes a game in the playoffs. Super top line minutes.

It's always the people who say "watch the games" that have no clue what's going on in the games.

Respectfully.

Reactions: Lumberg
Feb 24, 2004
It is a 50/50 vote .. a completely divided fan base .. funny I have got same type of responses from my buds who sponsor team too on whether they re up next year and/or resell their tickets .. i am almost sure you are gonna see a big drop in Leaf revenues next season which may get offset by $$$ from US TV deal .. likely we drop down well below Habs, Rangers and Vegas next season on overall revenue

I am almost certain that people have been saying this about Leafs revenues for the last half-century.

The biggest threat to Leaf revenues isn't first-round exits; it's youth interest in hockey.

Riellyfan04

Feb 25, 2010
Toronto On
Yes - it's the fans
5 first round exits where they show little compete and no push-back. Where the "stars" get shut down. But hey let's wait a few years until they're in their prime
What a post

Fans have the right to be frustrated but throwing your top players under the bus is soo stupid. You want to win a but go bitching when things don't work out. Well that sends one msg to the league, and players wont want to come here when you know one bad playoff u will be hatred, send rude msgs on their social media ect. We do this wirh every dam star player we get. Im 100% see why star players dont want to come here. This fan base is a joke.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Fans have the right to be frustrated but throwing your top players under the bus is soo stupid. You want to win a but go bitching when things don't work out. Well that sends one msg to the league, and players wont want to come here when you know one bad playoff u will be hatred, send rude msgs on their social media ect. We do this wirh every dam star player we get. Im 100% see why star players dont want to come here. This fan base is a joke.

Dubas has absolutely ruined any promise the Leafs had and it is fans like you because of whom mediocrity just continues in the Leafs land because the incompetent people like dubas are worshipped and cared for by the people more than the TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

It is PATHETIC

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Lol ya noone wants to come here - Thornton, JT, Marleau, Bogo, Foligno etc
Pom Pom gif

Reactions: rumman

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Dubas has absolutely ruined any promise the Leafs had and it is fans like you because of whom mediocrity just continues in the Leafs land because the incompetent people like dubas are worshipped and cared for by the people more than the TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

It is PATHETIC
It’s amazing how you can’t convince people that failing every year requires some real time change to the core and balance of the team.

Yet it is very easy to convince people that just keep doing the same thing and expect a different result is exactly the way to go.

Look around at the teams fighting in the playoffs. Salary structures, 3rd/4th line depth, ability to play skill, heavy, defensive.
Then look at us.

Mitch Matthews

Sep 13, 2019
No sense in firing either of them at this time. This mess is locked in for the next 4 years because of bad contracts

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
They made the playoffs in only 1 out of 12 consecutive seasons and now they've made it 5 years in a row under this management. I've seen some really bad teams in Toronto, I'd hate to revert to cellar dweller. But, I am frustrated with the team and management right now. I think I'd be too scared to change it up.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Don Sweeney age 54. Worked 5 years as assistant GM before getting promotion.
Lou Lamoriello age 78.
Joe Sakic Age 51. Three decades as player and executive with the Avs.
Don Waddell Age 62.
Kelley McCrimmon Age 60
Julien BriseBois Age 44. Largely inherited that team. No heavy lifting with contracts.
Kevin Cheveldayoff Age 51
Marc Bergevin Age 55. Was about to be fired but lucked his way into the second round thus extension is due.

Kyle Dubas. Age 35:
Tavares 11 Mil. Matthews 11 Mil. Marner 10.9 Mil. Nylander 6.9 Mil.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
It’s amazing how you can’t convince people that failing every year requires some real time change to the core and balance of the team.

Yet it is very easy to convince people that just keep doing the same thing and expect a different result is exactly the way to go.

Look around at the teams fighting in the playoffs. Salary structures, 3rd/4th line depth, ability to play skill, heavy, defensive.
Then look at us.

recently they did an article (can’t remember who wrote it) that majority of highest AAVs are out of the playoffs

Some of us saw it coming but dubas fans kept on telling us how he is a genius and how these contracts are solid

what have we got to show for it? progressively team has become a bigger joke losing to lesser pts% regular season teams om the playoffs meanwhile we have what around 4 to 5 picks next 2 drafts? and nothing good in the minors. No high end prospects to come and play with their ELCs. The cap situation was so effed up this season that they couldnt play some prospects on their ELCs this season because they couldn't everyone under the cap

While at the same time strapped balls up to the cap.

Yea this team and it’s management is a JOKE! He is gonna fill up the bottom 6 with the another revolving door, Hyman will walk and the same things will repeat.

The posters that voted no on this pole are some of the same posters that said they will give dubas another year after the CBJ series and here we are

next season if i post the poll i expect similar results even if Leafs don’t make the playoffs because dubas apparently cannot do wrong

it is just absolutely FRUSTRATING!

Last edited:

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015

We have a major dubas fan boy here lmao

Lou took over a 68 point leafs team. Within 3 years he set a franchise record in points. He even made the playoffs twice in a row, something the leafs haven't done since 2004.

Dubas took over 105 point team and has nothing but failure to show. We even missed the playoffs last year when we lost to columbus in the qualifiers.

Do you know the definition of insanity? It is attempting the same thing over and over but expecting different results.

How many times do we need to lose in the 1st round for you to come to reality?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Yes - it's the fans
4 first round exits where they show little compete and no push-back. Where the "stars" get shut down. But hey let's wait a few years until they're in their prime
What a post
It’s all our fault.
The other organizations don’t do anything special. In fact they don’t do much at all.
Their fans just wish harder. Detroit, Ottawa oh and especially Buffalo, they aren’t wishing right. How can you win like that?
upload_2021-6-6_11-45-1.jpeg

Reactions: rumman and Lumberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad