Proposal: Fire sell Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Rebuilds take longer than 2-3 years Ownership isn't going down the path of a rebuild despite what media and fans think or want .
not when you already have 6-7 solid core pieces and loads of good prospects . we're not starting from scratch .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I would trade all of our attractive VETERAN pieces for an appropriate return. Not trading Edmunsson risks improving our team in the standings. Habs should learn from Yzerman and try to suck for years. Getting elite 1st rounders in 2022 and 2023 sounds very apealing.

(edit)
yes indeed . almost like it makes to much sense. doing anything else is assinine really

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Montreal Canadiens won't be doing a rebuild.
i'm under the impression i should use the phrase retool instead . we're not talking about a scorched earth rebuild .
there are 6-7 obvious young pieces to keep . add to that two top five picks over the next two years . liquidate chariot kulak weber drouin byron over the next two years and use salary retention to improve our take . 3 or 4 more of the remaining older ( petry gallagher armia for example) core group could be traded for additional picks and prospects. play the kids like norlinder and poehling more . hoard cap space for the two years. the future would look vary bright

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Watched Pens game last night, Habs get klondike if they move Anderson. He is one of best power forwards in league. Hitting everything. Scored 7 goals on bad team, he is 35 goal scorer on decent team.

Habs could get a first, good prospect and NHL caliber player for Anderson

Reactions: Habsrule

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Edmonton would be interested in a defenseman (Chiarot, maybe Petry) as soon as Montreal was willing to pull the chute, although I don't think that is imminent.

Petry isn't coming back to Edmonton and we don' need a RD to begin with . LD is a need our whole left side is injured and the our bottom pairing rotated between Russell and KK so garbage bin players .

Nurse injured - Bouchard
Keith injured - Ceci
KK injured - Barrie

Nurse and Keith will be back soon enough . The question is should we trade for a D or keep Broberg up as he been very good . I sill think he should go back to the AHL and play top pairing minutes . All that said I do think we need a left D .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
5 more seasons after this where he is on the wrong side of 30 at 6.5M. Easy pass.

Terrible season, 3 more years at 6.25 and will be the wrong side of 35 years when done. Easy pass.

A 25 - 30 range first rounder, for sure, but not much better.

Its the length of contract. He was available in the expansion draft, no takers. If Seattle thought there was any chance they could flip him for any kind of haul they would have done it. His value is effectively zero. If this was the last year there is value. It has been 5 years since he has been a good goalie, although that said he has played extremely well in the last two playoffs, but is a team willing to shell out that money for his last 5 years history? I'm thinking doubtful.

So you didn't watch the playoffs last year ?

Reactions: Habsrule

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
i'm under the impression i should use the phrase retool instead . we're not talking about a scorched earth rebuild .
there are 6-7 obvious young pieces to keep . add to that two top five picks over the next two years . liquidate chariot kulak weber drouin byron over the next two years and use salary retention to improve our take . 3 or 4 more of the remaining older ( petry gallagher armia for example) core group could be traded for additional picks and prospects. play the kids like norlinder and poehling more . hoard cap space for the two years. the future would look vary bright
Ownership isn't going to do it .

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
ownership may not be willing to do it but our situation would be so much brighter with a 2-3 rebuild , re-tool , reset . whatever you want to call it .
That's just hoping it would be better there's no way of knowing what new players they would bring in to replace current players or how good they would be,

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
That's just hoping it would be better there's no way of knowing what new players they would bring in to replace current players or how good they would be,
i'm curious to see what your plan would be . if your the new gm what would your path be ?

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
i'm curious to see what your plan would be . if your the new gm what would your path be ?
Its not doing a retool or rebuild It's about drafting and development over the long term every team wants to win the stanley cup not just make the playoffs but play great in the playoffs . Since 2005 even the best teams in the regular season have failed and lost in the playoffs much more than they've won .
Montreal Canadiens fans don't want to win more than ownership , management , players the odds are being a good team or even a great team winning the stanley cup might not happen .

Last edited:

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I’d also keep Lehkonen except if someone give us a 1st, which I don’t see happening.

i wonder if Gallagher could be of interest for the Canucks who are looking for a change in the locker room. Or in Calgary for a Lucic + picks/prospects or something around Monahan.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Its not doing a retool or rebuild It's about drafting and development over the long term every team wants to win the stanley cup not just make the playoffs but play great in the playoffs . Since 2005 even the best teams in the regular season have failed and lost in the playoffs much more than they've won .
Montreal Canadiens fans don't want to win more than ownership , management , players the odds are being a good team or even a great team winning the stanley cup might not happen .
i never got anything from that but drafting and developing. i respect your opinion but i really think our best future lies with our young core and good prospects. anything we can do to add to those two groups will be our best chance for success . that's just my opinion

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
what about something around Myers for Gallaghar
Habs need a Weber replacement, Gall is a Van guy that gives them a bit more character
Myers and Pearson for Gall and Kulak?

Reactions: Fatass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad