Proposal: Fire sell Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DeysArena

Oct 5, 2020
there is a bit of a danger with that theory though . let's say chariot can get us a late first at 50% retention. if you wait to long and he gets hurt than we're shit out of luck . someone offers the late first tomorrow we should take it . bring up some kids to get their feet wet . it's in our best interest to finish bottom 5 this year anyway . anyone who thinks we should try to turn it around and get in the playoffs needs some serious medical attention
Take a good offer if you get one, but have patience if you don't. There's no immediate urgency.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
UFA’s will be traded, anyone else with term & is older Habs likely listen to offers and if anyone is willing to overpay they likely take the deal and run. Habs won’t trade their young future guys.

Reactions: Archijerej

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Armia: Cap dump. Montreal will have to sweeten the pot with a pick.

Gallagher: Teams still likely value him. I could see Vancouver making a good offer to him to "change the culture" on the Canucks. Habs probably taking Tyler Myers back so Vancouver can fit him.

Petry: Terrible season, absolutely horrible, but he's a well respected RD that fits perfect as a second pair guy. Would get major offers and Montreal wouldn't have to take a cap dump back.

Toffoli: He isn't on fire like last season but he also isn't terrible stat wise. Would get a pretty good offer. No cap dump in return. Easily get a first.

Hoffman: Injuries, you just signed him, might be tough to move and get value back. Teams will want to get him at a discount.

Chariot: 2nd round pick probably. Good deadline deal.

Lekhonen: Never met his potential, still an RFA, makes too much, Montreal would probably be eating 50% in a deadline trade. Maybe a 3rd or 4th if lucky.

Dvorak: Only 25, signed for a few more years, could see him thrive on a team like the Blues or Sharks. Maybe Bonino and a pick?

Price: He plays a few games, still looks great, someone will pay a great price for him. I know 99% of HFBoards people won't, but 0% of them are NHL GM's and the hockey world still respects Carey regardless of price tag. Several teams would make big offers to get him if he's available, though the cap hit would likely make adding a third team to the deal necessary just to make space. I'm thinking Price to the Avalanche in the summer when they have the money available, maybe a stash of picks and prospects including Justin Barron, with more if the Habs retain.

Price would absolutely require retention. He wasn't even protected in the expansion draft.

I actually like armia if there's retention. He's kind of like a nuke.

Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
UFA’s will be traded, anyone else with term & is older Habs likely listen to offers and if anyone is willing to overpay they likely take the deal and run. Habs won’t trade their young future guys.
I think you almost nailed it.
Try to offload all UFA's.
Anyone else with term & is older Habs likely listen to offers and if anyone is willing to offer FAIR value ...done
And hopefully like you said Habs don't even consider trading their young future guys.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
w

we should if we wanna get back near the top . 2-3 years goes by real quick . it's almost irresponsible, stupid, inconceivable not to .
Rebuilds take longer than 2-3 years Ownership isn't going down the path of a rebuild despite what media and fans think or want .

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Rebuilds take longer than 2-3 years Ownership isn't going down the path of a rebuild despite what media and fans think or want .
Well, Ownership will start having pressure from their partners... people aren't watching games anymore.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
And why would you know that ?
Ownership ,Management haven't mentioned they are doing a rebuild the media and fans can talk about it all they like its holds no value .

Only ownership ,management will decide if their doing a rebuild and there's no evidence saying they are going to.

Mar 26, 2010
Gallagher might not have that much value, just due to concerns about his style of play and long term deal. I see no scenario where he's moved with Bergevin at the helm however.

Toffoli is a top goalscoring winger in the league over the last few years on a sweetheart deal. My ask for him from the Leafs would be Sandin+. Which I don't think Leafs fans would want to part with.

Them's the perils of intradivisional trades.
I like Toffoli, he is underrated. Not at the cost of Sandin though. He is the future of the Toronto blue line.

Reactions: Canadienna

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
There's no evidence saying they have interest in doing a rebuild .
I mean, we just don't know what higher management or ownership think. It's pure speculation , your guess is as good as anyone's guess

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
I mean, we just don't know what higher management or ownership think. It's pure speculation , your guess is as good as anyone's guess
Ownership managment haven't said they have interest in doing a rebuild .

Last edited:

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I would trade all of our attractive VETERAN pieces for an appropriate return. Not trading Edmunsson risks improving our team in the standings. Habs should learn from Yzerman and try to suck for years. Getting elite 1st rounders in 2022 and 2023 sounds very apealing.

(edit)

Reactions: glenbuis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad