GDT: f*** You Cancer! - New York Islanders @ 19:00EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
How took our normal dynamic with the Islanders and where did they pu- actually, second thoughts, don't want it back.

Much wow.

Letang took a couple small shots. But. Not much by NHL standard.

A little because that's how shit goes sometimes, but I'd rather worry about that than worrying where the chemistry's going to come from...

Which division is our conference final against?

Anyway. Small things I liked.

+ Matheson and Marino, obvs

+ McCann having the patience to see nothing on and keep it and get rewarded

+ Cody Ceci casually zipping all over the place like he's a great all round dman

+ Jankowski playing that possible wraparound chance perfectly to take it away

+ Zucker's alive

+ Couple of smart zone exit plays by Lafferty

Things I don't like

- Crossbars

I bet you liked the crossbars last few games

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Every line is a buzz saw analytically but Junko's.

p9Xp7B.gif

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
No you make trades to get rid of the shitty depth players to give a chance to the young guys from WBS.

Get rid of guys like Sceviour, Lafferty and Jankowski and give NHL chances to guys like O'Connor, Zohorna and Gaudreau.

Gaudreau in my mind should be 4C going forward agreed

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
McCann-Malkin-Kapanen
Zucker-Blueger-Tanev
ZAR-4C via trade (Gaudreau until they make a trade)-Rodrigues/Angello

Sullivan won't do it but it's fun to dream.

I know he won't break up BART.

I'm afraid he'll choose Zucker over McCann with Malkin and Kapanen and finally prove he's as dumb as @Honour Over Glory says.

Reactions: Andy99

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
I think it's Tampa's division in the conference finals. When you look at how they do standings, the order is that division, our division, the west, and the Canadian division.

Ideally they'd reseed for conference finals, but NHL so...

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Who said he has? None of those guys would be on this team if healthy, but the idea that a playoff team should be playing Zohorna and O'Connor is silly. This reminds me of this place's obsession with playing Zach Sill just because he wasn't Tanner Glass.

Oh no, people like icing better teams than bad teams, and not my made up super ideal roster.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
looked to me almost like passing batton time from Barzal to Sid...I should probably wait before I proclaim that Sid is better:laugh:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't know how, if you're Hextall, you're not looking at what's happening right now and thinking ADD.

Maybe another division, with one of the biggest contenders, you're more reticent, but look at this division. NYI. Boston. Washington. All those team's have questions. He adds that right guy-- a Horny type who can slot with Geno and Kap or down the lineup-- and I think the Pens go from having as good a chance as anyone to reach the conference finals out of the division to the favorite to do it.

It's tough wehn you watch this team and say add when all the youngins are doing it right. The ONLY players i'd be after is a mate for G/Kap.

I don't remember the last time the Pens played as well as they have the last 4 periods.

It's the small plays, too. At the end Ceci kicks the puck to a d partner, he clears the zone. A winger supports the backcheck and passes off correctly to the dman and covers the trailing guy. The attention to detail is so f***ing on point. It's 2016 level on point.

I just hope they don't fall off a cliff randomly like last year.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I know he won't break up BART.

I'm afraid he'll choose Zucker over McCann with Malkin and Kapanen and finally prove he's as dumb as @Honour Over Glory says.

Yeah, that's why I say this. I know and we all know that BART isn't going to be broken up.

Let's play a game. Blueger and ZAR have both been in the lineup for 17 games. How many of them did they play together?

Reactions: KIRK

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think it's Tampa's division in the conference finals. When you look at how they do standings, the order is that division, our division, the west, and the Canadian division.

Googled and it goes like this:

"The four teams that advance to the Semifinal Round would be seeded by their regular-season points total, with the No. 1 seed playing the No. 4 seed in one series and the No. 2 and No. 3 seeds meeting in the other."

Pretty much no chance of the 'easy' route through a Canadian team then.

Reactions: KIRK

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
I feel like the Penguins owning the win streak and loss streak for the league record is pretty much an explanation of our franchise.

Ha! That's what I replied. Non-fans often forget or don't realize how low our lows are.

Reactions: Peat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad