GWT: EPL - Matchweek 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
If true, more examples of inmates running the asylum. When your top vets act like children, you get this

Liverpool controlled the game. Chances might have been close, but wasn’t really a contest.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He is not a true 6 but his potential is amazing. Rare combination of size + dribbling.
Yeah what you hope for is for him to turn out like Yaya Toure. Good sign for Slot that he knew to make the player play a different position and was immediately vindicated by being right.

Now I will also admit that I never saw this coming and didn't want him at all. I will also point out that there were a bunch of former Ajax players on the pitch and he was clearly the best of them, and his former manager didn't sign him

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
On vacation and didn’t watch Chelsea Palace, but slightly reassured by the posts of my comrades here who say we were definitely good enough for 3 points. We badly need to get a lot of points from this run up until mid-October, so 1 rather than 3 is bad, but in Match 3 of a new manager (of whom I am insanely skeptical) I will definitely take a good performance.

And this is why game state is so important for xG stats

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- I still rate Howe, but he's a coward. How Spurs absolutely dominated the Magpies at home was beyond pathetic. Now with that said, there is nothing more hilarious than Spurs looking that good and still somehow coming away with zero points...and the big reason why is the manager's tactics.

- LFC poses a tougher challenge to the title than ManU does, but nothing better than to see them get destroyed at home. Lol, Man United hired the wrong bald supreme leader. It's even better when EtH comes afterwards to the journalists and goes all butthurt about how the other club isn't good or got lucky. Nothing better than that lol. E: Gravenberch played the game of his life today, damn.

Just typical farm league shenanigans :dunno:
Considering the sorry state International Germany is in, you lot are better off giving the EPL more of your players, so we can develop them.
Facts. Corruption. Cavanaugh should be fired.

Reactions: erikhamren

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
3 weeks in and we're now back to an international break after having multiple major international competitions this summer. Ugh.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
'Germany actually gave Spain a scare, not England' must be one of the weakest flex I've ever heard from a Euro.

Really? Did you not just see SEPH try to hype the EPL by talking about NT success? Not much weaker than the English NT’s chances to win a trophy :sarcasm:

Try taking it on the chin & with good humor, old sport. Makes this place more enjoyable to read.

PS - Pointing out that we were the second best team at the euros this summer isn’t a flex, just a statement of fact.

Last edited:

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Really? Did you not just see SEPH try to hype the EPL by talking about NT success? Not much weaker than the English NT’s chances to win a trophy :sarcasm:

Try taking it on the chin & with good humor, old sport. Makes this place more enjoyable to read.

PS - Pointing out that we were the second best team at the euros this summer isn’t a flex, just a statement of fact.

I don't give a hoot about which league is better or which NT is better personally. Just thought it was an odd comeback.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
'Germany actually gave Spain a scare, not England' must be one of the weakest flex I've ever heard from a Euro.
I can’t imagine how small someone has to feel to be that mad about people calling your German league “farmers” that you go on a *years-long* not funny joke spree. It’s just so tedious and boring.

Actually, in a meta way, it IS hilarious now that I think about it :dunno:

• Haha
Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't give a hoot about which league is better or which NT is better personally. Just thought it was an odd comeback.

I don’t either which is why my tongue is firmly in my cheek…but pointing to the most recent tourney, seems like a logical counter to seph’s banter.

If the German NT having just been the 2nd best team in Europe counts as a “sorry state”, then what would be “good times”? Ya know?

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Slot is already getting results when he just arrived at Liverpool while ten Hag is still struggling after being there for more than a year and getting his terrible and expensive transfers. Just funny business.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Slot is already getting results when he just arrived at Liverpool while ten Hag is still struggling after being there for more than a year and getting his terrible and expensive transfers. Just funny business.
Not really a good comparison. slot inherited one of the best teams. While ETH transfer business has been abysmal (this summer not withstanding) the comparison just doesn’t make any sense.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Not really a good comparison. slot inherited one of the best teams. While ETH transfer business has been abysmal (this summer not withstanding) the comparison just doesn’t make any sense.
Slot inherited one of the best teams but he had to follow up one of the best managers who was beloved at the club. He also brought his own tactics and has had immediate success without really getting any transfer business done.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Slot inherited one of the best teams but he had to follow up one of the best managers who was beloved at the club. He also brought his own tactics and has had immediate success without really getting any transfer business done.

Still a very different type of challenge. A lot of managers make for terrible Sporting Directors.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Still a very different type of challenge. A lot of managers make for terrible Sporting Directors.
I am fine if people want to keep making excuses for him. I will just be sitting here and enjoy the dumpster fire.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
United finished 3rd in ETHs first year and were in 2 cup finals.

Its usually good to wait a bit before judging managers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad