GWT: EPL - Matchweek 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I don't quite understand why Carragher would compare Slot and ETH, Slot went into a team with a quality system quality player base. United still don't have the players nor the system
It’s year 3 bud, you reckon that system is around the corner or what?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
International break came at the perfect time for United. After the break Ugarte and Höjlund should both be available which is crucial for this team.

It’s year 3 bud, you reckon that system is around the corner or what?
With the players currently available, it doesn't matter what the system is, when players put in the kind of efforts we've seen over the last 10 years. Also hard to train a new system, when basically the whole pre-season had to be played with juniors and reserves. The first team needs more training sessions together.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
International break came at the perfect time for United. After the break Ugarte and Höjlund should both be available which is crucial for this team.

With the players currently available, it doesn't matter what the system is, when players put in the kind of efforts we've seen over the last 10 years. Also hard to train a new system, when basically the whole pre-season had to be played with juniors and reserves. The first team needs more training sessions together.
The manager has been here for 2 full years and has spent 650 million Euro on players while bringing in nearly an entire starting XI. His inability to get players into a system and train them properly cannot still be blamed on injuries or international breaks.

He simply isn't a good manager and he's an awful judge of talent to target for transfers.

I have no idea why you're obsessed with defending him.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The manager has been here for 2 full years and has spent 650 million Euro on players while bringing in nearly an entire starting XI. His inability to get players into a system and train them properly cannot still be blamed on injuries or international breaks.

He simply isn't a good manager and he's an awful judge of talent to target for transfers.

I have no idea why you're obsessed with defending him.
I'm not directly defending him, that midfield distance between defense needs to sorted out (granted he's made it clear the defensive line should be playing higher but the likes of Maguire refuse to), I'm just sick of seeing managers fired and replaced with inferior ones in the last 10 years. I mean there's no one I like that's available even.

I think RVN will take over, if things have not improved by December.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
i still don't get why the club hasn't started negotiations with Virg, Mo and Trent

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
i still don't get why the club hasn't started negotiations with Virg, Mo and Trent
If you have looked up FSG and Michael Edwards you would know he is not a fan of signing player longterm when they are over the age of 30. I have no doubt they will eventually offer them new contracts but probably not what they would like to receive. I would not be surprised if they all left after this year. Which is very scary but a true possibility.

Reactions: trostol

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
If you have looked up FSG and Michael Edwards you would know he is not a fan of signing player longterm when they are over the age of 30. I have no doubt they will eventually offer them new contracts but probably not what they would like to receive. I would not be surprised if they all left after this year. Which is very scary but a true possibility.
Alisson too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad