GWT: EPL - Matchweek 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Don't be an asshole, this board doesn't take kindly to it.

The 2 years under ETH are the worst 2 consecutive years in terms of the standings since 16-17. Before that, they are the worst ManU have had since 90-91.

The 5 years before Ange, Spurs were 4th, 6th. 7th, 4th and 8th. Where does that 5th place finish last year fit in the 6 years prior?

Take your context and enjoy 10th place.

I wasn't being an asshole I was being truthful. Nothing I said was rude in anyway.

As for 10th perhaps you weren't paying attention I don't want Ange here, I don't want the mediocrity and failure he brings. 10th is what you and others will get supporting a manager clearly out of his depth like Ange.

Don't sweat it, the guy's a complete douche, see the Gaudreau thread

I didn't post anything wrong or rude in the Gaudreau thread, why are you making stuff up?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
As for 10th perhaps you weren't paying attention I don't want Ange here, I don't want the mediocrity and failure he brings.

1 Asian Cup
2 Scottish Championships
1 Scottish Cup
1 Scottish League Cup
4 x Austtalian Champion
1 Japanese Championship
1 OFC Championship
3 x OFC U20 Championships
3 x OFC U17 Championships

More trophies than Klopp, Conte and many other "top" coaches.

If he is mediocre and a failure, what are they?

• Haha
Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I put Scotland on the same plane as those Oceanic trophies. So doing standard conversion rates to arrive at the value of actual European trophies, I’ve calculated that Postecoglu has won…1 trophy.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He hasn't won anything significant yet. Even he would admit that.

There's a track record of winning in the leagues he's been, but even the homerest of homers would admit there's a massive step up in the EPL. Especially when he doesn't have the best horse.

Reactions: MM917

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
There's a track record of winning in the leagues he's been, but even the homerest of homers would admit there's a massive step up in the EPL. Especially when he doesn't have the best horse.

So what? Nobody argued that. If someone posted, "He is unproven at this level," I would agree 100%. But the argument was he was a failed manager.

What does any of that have to do with calling him a failed manager? He has won trophy after trophy after trophy.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I'm not calling him a failed manager. I like the guy. I think there's a world where Liverpool might have decided he was the guy. He certainly loves the club.

He just hasn't really done anything significant to be compared with managers who have won the CL / EPL / Bundesliga / Serie A.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I was clearing out old boxes the other day and came across my old CV from university years. Man did I ever win a lot of awards in high school 🥹

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
1 Asian Cup
2 Scottish Championships
1 Scottish Cup
1 Scottish League Cup
4 x Austtalian Champion
1 Japanese Championship
1 OFC Championship
3 x OFC U20 Championships
3 x OFC U17 Championships

More trophies than Klopp, Conte and many other "top" coaches.

If he is mediocre and a failure, what are they?

LOL

Yes look at all those amazing "trophies".

I have won multiple U6, U8, even U10 trophies coaching my kids more than even the donkey Ange I guess that makes me one of the top coaches in the world, LOL.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
That's certainly true. You can only win stuff that's put in front of him. But that also is part of the reason of more than a little skepticism.

Winning shit likely isn't in the cards for Spurs without some massive changes (City being relegated for one).

So what exactly is success and what is not is going to be a lot harder than saying dude has won tons of trophies.

But posting like youth team cups is farce.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I suppose I'm a trophy winning baseball coach. I'll forward my resume over to some MLB front offices along with a picture of my son's 10U house league standings. I'm sure I'll get a lot of calls.
Do goals in my backyard count? I may catch up to Ronaldo .

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
You know it’s a serious discussion when you start including U17 and U20 trophies.
I've never really brought this up because I didn't want to brag, but when I was in law school, I was the coach for my younger brother's high school rec indoor soccer team. Mostly because they needed someone over 18 on the bench, but I gave some tips and advice. They won 6 or 7 championships over a two year period.

I also coached my nephew's U5 team a couple years ago. They didn't keep score, but everyone got a trophy, so I'll add that. 8x trophy winner right here, sign me up.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: hatterson

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I've never really brought this up because I didn't want to brag, but when I was in law school, I was the coach for my younger brother's high school rec indoor soccer team. Mostly because they needed someone over 18 on the bench, but I gave some tips and advice. They won 6 or 7 championships over a two year period.

I also coached my nephew's U5 team a couple years ago. They didn't get score, but everyone got a trophy, so I'll add that. 8x trophy winner right here, sign me up.
Oh man I totally forgot my daughter's teeball trophies and my son's 2-3 soccer shots trophies. Holy smokes I'm a multi-sport trophy winner. Kinda surprised I haven't been headhunted already.

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I got over 4000 trophies

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240905_141628_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20240905_141628_PS App.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 3

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The tactics aren't the same. We beat a couple teams that sucked ass so maybe you can't tell it isn't the same system as last season, but it's not.
It could actually be better because Klopp had everyone press, which opened you lot defensively on the counterattack. Slot on the other hand is leaving two holding midfielders without any pressing, which leads to a more structured system and allows the forwards to use their talent.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

I also coached my nephew's U5 team a couple years ago. They didn't keep score, but everyone got a trophy, so I'll add that. 8x trophy winner right here, sign me up.
That many trophies and my club can save money on legal fees? I'm in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad