Value of: Edmonton has a few needs to become a true contender .

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Any interest in Dickinson and Motte?

I thought the same, though I'd hate to see Dickinson pull a Nate Schmidt rebound next to Warren Foegele and be the 3rd C that gives McD and Leon the needed help to get to the top. That'd look like another lost trade in hindsight, regardless of how bad of a fit he has been here.

That being said, if Holloway is on the table (could use that size and two-way game) then I'd consider.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I thought the same, though I'd hate to see Dickinson pull a Nate Schmidt rebound next to Warren Foegele and be the 3rd C that gives McD and Leon the needed help to get to the top. That'd look like another lost trade in hindsight, regardless of how bad of a fit he has been here.

That being said, if Holloway is on the table (could use that size and two-way game) then I'd consider.
Holloway is a blue chip prospect, there's no way we get him for Dickinson and/or Motte.

I was thinking a 2nd for both of them, or two 3rds.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
its quite possible the Nurse deal wrekt them.

Maybe, maybe not. But he asked what the market was dictating. Blame the Seth Jones deal and I forget who the other player was who signed for that much. Had those deals not come about then Nurse clearly signs for much less.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB

Dickinson for Holloway?

Please tell me you are saying this in jest.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Holloway is a blue chip prospect, there's no way we get him for Dickinson and/or Motte.

I was thinking a 2nd for both of them, or two 3rds.

What's the deal with Dickinson this year? Production isn't there, has he been playing hurt? I'd do a 3rd for Dickinson. I'd pass on Motte.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Dickinson for Holloway?

Please tell me you are saying this in jest.

Haha honestly partly, I'd really hate to sell low on Dickinson esp. to a divisional opponent and have him recover his form. I get that a blue chipper is a lot to ask for but Benning better play some hardball.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Haha honestly partly, I'd really hate to sell low on Dickinson esp. to a divisional opponent and have him recover his form. I get that a blue chipper is a lot to ask for but Benning better play some hardball.
Speaking from experience… it’s going to be tough to get value for some of the guys you want to offload. I remember when the Oiler were playing crap and trying to make moves… they never got fair returns because they were always trading players at their lowest and these brilliant GMs make stupid transactions when they are desperate.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Speaking from experience… it’s going to be tough to get value for some of the guys you want to offload. I remember when the Oiler were playing crap and trying to make moves… they never got fair returns because they were always trading players at their lowest and these brilliant GMs make stupid transactions when they are desperate.

I searched up "Jim Benning" in the dictionary and got the bolded definition. Came with this picture too

upload_2021-11-21_22-53-1.jpeg

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
To Edmonton:
Jake Allen
Christian Dvorak

To Montreal:
Mikko Koskinen
Kyle Turris
2022 1st round pick
Ryan McLeod
Raphael Lavoie

Oilers get a solid center that dominates the face off circle and should put up solid numbers and steady hockey for them on the third line. Hasn’t been a great fit in Montreal so far but has been a 15-20 goal man his entire career on some bad teams, and he’s signed to a fair cap hit for term. Allen is a very solid goalie, better suited to be a backup but played well for the Habs as a starter, he’s just had no help, defensively or offensively.

Habs get a young center prospect with terrific speed and a nose for the net, a 1st round pick in what’s touted to be a deep draft, and a Franco right winger with size and a scoring pedigree while taking on some expiring contracts.

Oilers get some immediate upgrades at positions of need while the Habs get some nice pieces for their rebuild, while not draining the Oilers prospect pool too heavily.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
To Edmonton:
Jake Allen
Christian Dvorak

To Montreal:
Mikko Koskinen
Kyle Turris
2022 1st round pick
Ryan McLeod
Raphael Lavoie

Oilers get a solid center that dominates the face off circle and should put up solid numbers and steady hockey for them on the third line. Hasn’t been a great fit in Montreal so far but has been a 15-20 goal man his entire career on some bad teams, and he’s signed to a fair cap hit for term. Allen is a very solid goalie, better suited to be a backup but played well for the Habs as a starter, he’s just had no help, defensively or offensively.

Habs get a young center prospect with terrific speed and a nose for the net, a 1st round pick in what’s touted to be a deep draft, and a Franco right winger with size and a scoring pedigree while taking on some expiring contracts.

Oilers get some immediate upgrades at positions of need while the Habs get some nice pieces for their rebuild, while not draining the Oilers prospect pool too heavily.

Buyer's remorse so soon... no thanks. You're looking to get more in return than you gave up for Dvorak. IMO, Jake Allen doesn't hold too much value.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis

You’d consider? Lol

Yeah maybe I’d consider JT Miller for a 2nd round pick. Since he’s on the table you know

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Buyer's remorse so soon... no thanks. You're looking to get more in return than you gave up for Dvorak. IMO, Jake Allen doesn't hold too much value.

No buyers remorse here, Dvorak is a good Center man in a bad spot, and I don’t think he fits the rebuild that the Habs need so badly. Oilers need a third line center and (IMO) he fits that spot very well and makes your third line a legitimate threat. Plus he’s signed to term on a good deal for what he brings production wise. I think that holds value for a team in “win now” mode who’s only missing a couple of pieces.

As for Allen’s value, you may be right. I think his numbers have been decent as a backup, certainly an improvement on your current goalies.

Thought it was a fair proposal for both sides, especially if the Oilers are getting win now players while clearing out the deadwood and not really selling the farm, but maybe I was wrong, not trying to insult or lowball anyone.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
To Edmonton:
Jake Allen
Christian Dvorak

To Montreal:
Mikko Koskinen
Kyle Turris
2022 1st round pick
Ryan McLeod
Raphael Lavoie

Wow, lopsided. I wouldn't do that deal if you took out McLeod and Lavoie. There is nothing worth a first rounder there. Just because your GM was taken to the cleaners for Dvorak doesn't mean we will be.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

And this is what happen when a country legalize pot . Do you know who Holloway is ? If so you can not seriously think Dickinson is worth a blue chip prospect . If Holloway draft was redone there no way he available when the Oilers picked . It going to take one helluva an offer to get Holloway . This isn't it .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
sez you they are so extremely 1 sided

Sometime on a bad day I have jumped on you for your offers . I apologize . You are entitle to you opinion on value but when you are offering up UFAs for Edmontons Blue Chip prospects it is going to be met with resistant . Edmonton doesn't have the best record of attracting UFAs so they aren't not trading Holloway or Broberg for these offers . To get either one it has to be a cost control younger player signed long term that fills a hole . My Op is more geared towards teams that might want to rebuild . For instance if the Ducks were shit again this year and with a new GM maybe they would've sent Gibson for Holloway a 1st and Koskinen . If we can't get that type of return we will stand pat and add a few cheap UFAs at the deadline .

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Sometime on a bad day I have jumped on you for your offers . I apologize . You are entitle to you opinion on value but when you are offering up UFAs for Edmontons Blue Chip prospects it is going to be met with resistant . Edmonton doesn't have the best record of attracting UFAs so they aren't not trading Holloway or Broberg for these offers . To get either one it has to be a cost control younger player signed long term that fills a hole . My Op is more geared towards teams that might want to rebuild . For instance if the Ducks were shit again this year and with a new GM maybe they would've sent Gibson for Holloway a 1st and Koskinen . If we can't get that type of return we will stand pat and add a few cheap UFAs at the deadline .

I appreciate the heart felt, courteous outreach
And you are not wrong!!!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!!!!

All I ask here is context.
If other things are =
it is less likely youth dealt for vets, b'c youth usually cheaper and needed for cap which cannot be denied.

Howev,
if an OP --- any OP --- postulates we are making a win now push,
that changes the dynamic.

I don't think for 2s + in value now for a top 10 and a delayed 3 is horrible. Normally I agree, you prefer the bluer blue chip.
It is for each team to figure out how to juggle build stead v. win now splurge. If Oil want an impact guy now,
OR
several lesser assets who while lesser are still productive
they have to cough up something profitable to their trading partner.

Dif potential partners, different situations, dif returns demanded.

Rangers not interested in other assets, only picks/Broberg/Holloway.
Again, in this update to a prior thread, I acknowledged Broberg off the table. I doubt he becomes available.
As to Holloway, I went w/your OP saying MAYBE.

I get you want better pieces longer term, whether that is b'c people do/do not want to leave EDM or not.

Better pieces will either cost more, or not provide as many answers to many different holes.

If you don't want to cough up Holloway, fine.
If you see Rooney is a guy who can really help, cough up enuf for NY to consider moving him. His value may be a 3rd + but if I'm NY in current situation, I don't go for less than a 2nd.

And that is just Rooney.

===============
You and I have not always had the most cordial of exchanges.
That said, as far as you and I are concerned, we good.
That's because I don't consider your comments, even if sharp, to be mean spirited, unlike some others, who shall remain nameless.

all best,
bern

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad