Value of: Edmonton has a few needs to become a true contender .

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Seattlebjprice

Nov 6, 2021
If you’re taking Broberg off the table, you should be taking Holloway off as well. I’d go as fas as saying Borgault should be off limits as well.

Savoie, Samorukov, Lavoie and our 1st are the best pieces we realistically have available.

The 1st + Savoie is likely the best offering. So let’s hear what players might be available for that? Keep in mind we could make cap issues work involving a 3rd team and getting double retention while sending Kyle “The Shootout Assasin” Turris the other way.

so you all want a 3c, a top 6 winger, and a goalie, and you’re offering a 4th round pick from 2020, a late first in a weak draft, and some cap dumps.

I’m sure you’ll find what you’re looking for

/s

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Now it is not likely any of these prospects are available as we need ELC . Just wanted to see what offers we can get and maybe there an offer that makes sense . Dollar for dollar has to go out/in . So something will have to go the other way or the dollars to work . I never listed Broberg because he is not available at all.

1) Holloway
2) Bourgault
3) Samorukov
4) Savoie
5)Lavoie
6) 2022 1st
7) McLeod
8)Benson . He more of a throw in .
9) Later picks 2022 and 2023

Cap dumps .

Koskinen who has not been bad this year so we aren't paying a 1st to move him
Turris
Klefbom if a team wants to move on from a player and wants the cap relief his LTIR provides
Koekoek a number 7 D
Perlini was great in preseason but stuck on the 4th line playing with cap players for 7 to 10 minutes a night

All are UFA at the end of the season except Klefbom

Needs

3rd line C - Holloway may fill this
2nd/3rd line RW - Bourgault may fill this
Goalie - So far Skinner is looking good so we probably don't trade for a goalie until we have a long look at Skinner to see what we really have .
A real good 4th liner that brings energy and never takes a night off . Sound defensively but can chip in 10 goals a year .
I thought McLeod was looking good fir you guys last year ? I’d like to join him with his brother in NJ . What would it cost ?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
congrats on already being a legit contender
minimal injuries + hot hand will play a strong role and it is not clear Oil can prevail but they are certainly a kick ass team, warts and all, for this yr.

-------------
Addressing your list:
Needs
3rd line C
2nd/3rd line RW
Goalie
A real good 4th liner that brings energy and never takes a night off . Sound defensively but can chip in 10 goals a year

in another thread I offered you Rooney who covers that last item and can actually play mid 6. He is like min $ 750k. I valued him at a 2nd.
I also offered you expiring Geo at half which is worth a 2nd +

I added to these 2 2nds + value two more immediate 2nds, and you declined my offer.

I don't begrudge your right to decline, but do you see you are here asking for pieces I offered?

I don't think Holloway is/should be on the table, but if YOU chose to put him there, I'd be interested. It is not clear he projects to be a C at NHL, but still is an interesting speed bookend w/Kreider!

Here's a thought.
Native son Strome is best a fit for Leafs, as he would likely reup there for a bit less, say closer to 5 than 6+ on a short term 4 yr deal. Strome at half is worth a 1st, a 1st +.
They could just wait and go there after the season but there is a risk he takes more if he hits the market first.
So maybe:
Strome at half + 2023 3rd + Hajek
for TOR 2022 or 2023 1st [Leafs' choice] + Kerfoot + small add.

Then:
Geo retained + Rooney + Kerfoot retained + _________
for
Holloway + ____________

we may/may not be able to discuss Klef for LTIR relief, not sure if that helps Rangers or not.

thoughts?

I have no clue what the NYR need But We aren't selling Holloway unless it is a long term solution . Have no interest in Kerfoot . He a Meh player . The pieces you are offering are UFAs . Like I said I don't see them being moved but if the right value is offered Edmonton would have serious consider it .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I thought McLeod was looking good fir you guys last year ? I’d like to join him with his brother in NJ . What would it cost ?

McLeod Looks great in the AHL . In the NHL he is still very good defensively . I am sure he will get better as it seem at every level it takes him a few years to get his offensive game going . We need a better 3rd C to try and win a cup to keep McDavid and Draisaitl happy . Ask would be a good 3rd liner even if we have to add a pick

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
so you all want a 3c, a top 6 winger, and a goalie, and you’re offering a 4th round pick from 2020, a late first in a weak draft, and some cap dumps.

/s

A late 1st in a weak draft ? Base on a year of covid-19 ? I wouldn't put too much stock into those ratings . Bourgault is one of the top scorers in the CHL . Also try and read it helps you .

List of what is being offer

1) Holloway
2) Bourgault
3) Samorukov
4) Savoie
5)Lavoie
6) 2022 1st
7) McLeod

Also value on draft day has nothing to do with value now . Weber was a solid top pairing for many years . 2 years after he was drafted his value was more then 49th OA so a 2nd rounder . I guess the development of prospects eludes you just like the full listed did .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
What about a trade around Petry for Nuge? AAV is about the same. Oilers need to strengthen their D and Habs need experience up the middle

Nuge is not being traded . Montreal has nothing I would trade RNH for . RNH doesn't get enough credit for his 2 way game plus he take a discount to stay in Edmonton . Also we don't want Petry back .

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

/s

I think you’re combining the OP’s framework (wanting all 3 upgrades you reference) with my take (removing our top prospects from the equation), which is a poor read. I didn’t say I expect to get all 3 with what was left, I said I’d like to see who the best player is we can get with our 1st + Savoie. If that’s (one of) a top 4 LHD/good 3C/G upgrade, then we’ll evaluate if we need more moves from there.

I also don’t know why it matters where Savoie was taken in the draft, he’s clearly outperforming his draft position and is a quality prospect. I think poor man’s DeBrincat is a fair assessment.

As for Holloway being off the table, it’s not out of the question he could be the 3C we’re looking for as early as the playoffs. Once back from injury he’ll get some AHL time and if he lights it up, he’ll be the 3C moving forward.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Ben Chiarot
Tyler Toffoli
Jake Allen

for

Kris Russell
Kyle Turris
Mikko Koskinen
1st round pick
Carter Savoie
Raphael Lavoie

MTL can probably retain 50% on Chiarot to make it work cap wise this year

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I have no clue what the NYR need But We aren't selling Holloway unless it is a long term solution . Have no interest in Kerfoot . He a Meh player . The pieces you are offering are UFAs . Like I said I don't see them being moved but if the right value is offered Edmonton would have serious consider it .

"I have no clue what the NYR need."
Rangers need to get down to their real core, guys who are a fit otherwise but also can make cap etc work. Buch could not do that, so buh bye. Strome and Geo are next to go. Ideally what we need is best possible draft picks for them, so there is zero cap on the clock. We are ok this year, but following 2 yrs after have to thread the needle unless Trouba's 8m can be moved before and replaced by elc Schneider.
Win now help is counterproductive long term.
If Strome had already been dealt, Krav would be here now.

The vets we are nmc married to:
Zib, panarin, Kreider, and for the short term Trouba

Youth we are keeping:
LaF, Chytil, Gauthier, Kakko
all our young D except Jones

we are keeping most of the muscle we signed esp in the short term

more or less, everyone else can be had, some cheap, some not
guys like Strome will fetch market
guys like Krav we are keeping b'c we have better upside in having him return, develop, and showcase as opposed to quick, unduly, excessively discounted sale.
others like Rooney are very productive and are certainly not untouchable, but they are not gonna be given away
others still will go cheap

"But We aren't selling Holloway unless it is a long term solution."
Fine.
Not sure what NY can/should offer, but if something comes to mind, feel free to advise pls

" Have no interest in Kerfoot . He a Meh player."
Agreed but he showed me enough in the last game he's ok as a bottom 6 pivot. Kerfoot and Rooney would help with the depth issue you claim to want to address. Basically would prefer 1 stop shopping and you pay me for Strome, but that is too expensive for you, being only of extra value as injury insurance. But ok, I'll do a different deal w/Strome. No Kerfoot. Fine.

"The pieces you are offering are UFAs . Like I said I don't see them being moved but if the right value is offered Edmonton would have serious consider it."
Not sure or even expect we agree, but feel free to take a stab at "right value".

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Detroit has a couple rentals in Fabbri and Greiss that could slot in nicely for the Oilers. The Wings have a lot of cap space for dumps and would be interested in Holloway, Broberg, or a 1st round pick.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
minimal injuries + hot hand will play a strong role and it is not clear Oil can prevail but they are certainly a kick ass team, warts and all, for this yr.

-------------
Addressing your list:
Needs
3rd line C
2nd/3rd line RW
Goalie
A real good 4th liner that brings energy and never takes a night off . Sound defensively but can chip in 10 goals a year

in another thread I offered you Rooney who covers that last item and can actually play mid 6. He is like min $ 750k. I valued him at a 2nd.

I added to these 2 2nds + value two more immediate 2nds, and you declined my offer.

I don't begrudge your right to decline, but do you see you are here asking for pieces I offered?

I don't think Holloway is/should be on the table, but if YOU chose to put him there, I'd be interested. It is not clear he projects to be a C at NHL, but still is an interesting speed bookend w/Kreider!

Here's a thought.
Native son Strome is best a fit for Leafs, as he would likely reup there for a bit less, say closer to 5 than 6+ on a short term 4 yr deal. Strome at half is worth a 1st, a 1st +.
They could just wait and go there after the season but there is a risk he takes more if he hits the market first.
So maybe:

Then:
for
Holloway + ____________

we may/may not be able to discuss Klef for LTIR relief, not sure if that helps Rangers or not.

thoughts?

Bern, you've moved on from fleecing us for Broberg to fleecing us for Holloway.

Reactions: NYR94 and 780il

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Because someone would send Edmonton a good “win now” player for him.

holloway is Edmonton’s best realistic trade chip. Much better than #2 on the list above.
Prospects of Holloway’s caliber rarely are moved. Especially to plug a hole with rentals- it’d be another Forsberg/Erat.

maybe if he fetches a younger piece that plugs a long term need. But if not just keep him since he looks to be NHL ready soon

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis

-------------
Addressing your list:
Needs
3rd line C
2nd/3rd line RW
Goalie

Here's a thought.
So maybe:

Then:
for
Holloway + ____________

thoughts?
That is A LOT of words to try and justify such an awful proposal

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Now it is not likely any of these prospects are available as we need ELC . Just wanted to see what offers we can get and maybe there an offer that makes sense . Dollar for dollar has to go out/in . So something will have to go the other way or the dollars to work . I never listed Broberg because he is not available at all.

1) Holloway
2) Bourgault
3) Samorukov
4) Savoie
5)Lavoie
6) 2022 1st
7) McLeod

Cap dumps .

Koskinen who has not been bad this year so we aren't paying a 1st to move him
Turris
Klefbom if a team wants to move on from a player and wants the cap relief his LTIR provides
Koekoek a number 7 D
Perlini was great in preseason but stuck on the 4th line playing with cap players for 7 to 10 minutes a night

All are UFA at the end of the season except Klefbom

Needs

3rd line C - Holloway may fill this
2nd/3rd line RW - Bourgault may fill this
Goalie - So far Skinner is looking good so we probably don't trade for a goalie until we have a long look at Skinner to see what we really have .
A real good 4th liner that brings energy and never takes a night off . Sound defensively but can chip in 10 goals a year .

McCann from Seattle is a good fit. Maybe we can land Rust from Pitt too.

Last edited:

Ledge And Dairy

If I'm Edmonton my top targets at the deadline are Korpisalo and Chiarot to bolster up their goaltending and blue line.

Then for depth center there are a bunch of options out there like Jarnkrok and Blackwell from Seattle, Hinostroza and Eakin from BUF, Carpenter from Chicago, Namestnikov from DET, Paquette from MTL, Carter from PIT, Tierney and Paul from OTT, probably more as teams fall out of the playoff race

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Bold prediction. Holloway hits the Bake by mid-December and is on the big club by mid-January as 3rd line pivot between Kassian and Foegele. Ryan drops down to the 4th line and provides some stability there with Sceviour and Turris/Perlini.

Reactions: Roof Daddy

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bern, you've moved on from fleecing us for Broberg to fleecing us for Holloway.

Reactions: TFHockey

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
If I'm Edmonton my top targets at the deadline are Korpisalo and Chiarot to bolster up their goaltending and blue line.

Then for depth center there are a bunch of options out there like Jarnkrok and Blackwell from Seattle, Hinostroza and Eakin from BUF, Carpenter from Chicago, Namestnikov from DET, Paquette from MTL, Carter from PIT, Tierney and Paul from OTT, probably more as teams fall out of the playoff race

His number are worst then Koskinen over the last 3 years . I would rather stand pat then make lateral move at best . Everyone is saying Korpisalo is better base on a short playoff run where he looked great . I hate small sample sizes . 3 years tell the real story . Unless you are going to argue Edmonton is a better defensive team then CBJ .

Reactions: TFHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad