Value of: Edmonton has a few needs to become a true contender .

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
"I have no clue what the NYR need."
Rangers need to get down to their real core, guys who are a fit otherwise but also can make cap etc work. Buch could not do that, so buh bye. Strome and Geo are next to go. Ideally what we need is best possible draft picks for them, so there is zero cap on the clock. We are ok this year, but following 2 yrs after have to thread the needle unless Trouba's 8m can be moved before and replaced by elc Schneider.
Win now help is counterproductive long term.
If Strome had already been dealt, Krav would be here now.

The vets we are nmc married to:
Zib, panarin, Kreider, and for the short term Trouba

Youth we are keeping:
LaF, Chytil, Gauthier, Kakko
all our young D except Jones

we are keeping most of the muscle we signed esp in the short term

more or less, everyone else can be had, some cheap, some not
guys like Strome will fetch market
guys like Krav we are keeping b'c we have better upside in having him return, develop, and showcase as opposed to quick, unduly, excessively discounted sale.
others like Rooney are very productive and are certainly not untouchable, but they are not gonna be given away
others still will go cheap

"But We aren't selling Holloway unless it is a long term solution."
Fine.
Not sure what NY can/should offer, but if something comes to mind, feel free to advise pls

" Have no interest in Kerfoot . He a Meh player."
Agreed but he showed me enough in the last game he's ok as a bottom 6 pivot. Kerfoot and Rooney would help with the depth issue you claim to want to address. Basically would prefer 1 stop shopping and you pay me for Strome, but that is too expensive for you, being only of extra value as injury insurance. But ok, I'll do a different deal w/Strome. No Kerfoot. Fine.

"The pieces you are offering are UFAs . Like I said I don't see them being moved but if the right value is offered Edmonton would have serious consider it."
Not sure or even expect we agree, but feel free to take a stab at "right value".

Ask yourself would you trade a blue chip prospect for Kerfoot+Rooney ? I can guarantee you you wouldn't . Most likely Holloway fills the 3rd line C or 2 RW at worst he replace Kassian on the 3rd line and we sign a face puncher and save money

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Skinner looks amazing in a small sample size. I hope they give him more starts

Ledge And Dairy

His number are worst then Koskinen over the last 3 years . I would rather stand pat then make lateral move at best . Everyone is saying Korpisalo is better base on a short playoff run where he looked great . I hate small sample sizes . 3 years tell the real story . Unless you are going to argue Edmonton is a better defensive team then CBJ .
Do you really trust your current tandem going into the playoffs? Here's the thing, the goalie market will be pretty small this year and Korpi is still quite young for a goaltender. I would also say that at least right now Edmonton has better defense than Columbus and in the previous 2 years has spent generally speaking way less time in their own zone due to playstyle. I'm not saying that Korpisalo is better than Koskinen (I do personally think he is though) but the cap space and age difference certainly should be a factor. Also the whole change of scenery aspect. You could take a shot at someone like Samsonov but Washington likely isn't a seller and he's been underperforming this year too.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Do you really trust your current tandem going into the playoffs? Here's the thing, the goalie market will be pretty small this year and Korpi is still quite young for a goaltender. I would also say that at least right now Edmonton has better defense than Columbus and in the previous 2 years has spent generally speaking way less time in their own zone due to playstyle. I'm not saying that Korpisalo is better than Koskinen (I do personally think he is though) but the cap space and age difference certainly should be a factor. Also the whole change of scenery aspect. You could take a shot at someone like Samsonov but Washington likely isn't a seller and he's been underperforming this year too.
We need to see more of Skinner before we know if we have a goalie or not. He has been good so far but the sample size is small.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007

Even if I dont I wouldnt trust it anymore with Korpisalo

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
The leafs can't trade Mrazek unless the other team has a capable back up to send back. Koskinen isn't a capable back up and the Oilers want to keep skinner to see what they have in him.
Yet again why did the hell did leafs even sign Mrazek? It's not even that likely he'll be there as 1B in the playoffs due to being so injury prone. He wasn't and isn't better than Campbell. Now upcoming off-season Campbell is UFA and will want around $4-5M per.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I don't think Holloway is/should be on the table, but if YOU chose to put him there, I'd be interested. It is not clear he projects to be a C at NHL, but still is an interesting speed bookend w/Kreider!

I think Holloway will be a Swiss Army Knife like Joe Pavelski where he can play any forward position and damn near any role. He will not be on the table.

Completely unrelated, but you may want to tune into the Oil game tonight Bern, Broberg will be playing tonight, possibly in a larger than expected role.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Ask yourself would you trade a blue chip prospect for Kerfoot+Rooney ? I can guarantee you you wouldn't . Most likely Holloway fills the 3rd line C or 2 RW at worst he replace Kassian on the 3rd line and we sign a face puncher and save money

fine offer withdrawn
but just let me remind it was you as OP who said
this is what we need
and this is what could potentially be on the table if it is a fit

I stand by saying in an earlier offer other thread that a ballpark of equiv of 4 2nds+ now for a top 10 and a delayed 3rd is fair

My quote to you in this thread was less, but unfinished with blanks to fill. Also, Holloway is a mid 1st pick, Broberg [not on the table, just making a pt as to value] was 8OA.

The bottom line here is quality is gonna cost in any deal regardless of who/which teams are involved.

But you may get a find, nevertheless...

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Because someone would send Edmonton a good “win now” player for him.

holloway is Edmonton’s best realistic trade chip. Much better than #2 on the list above.

I just have a feeling about Holloway. I think he will make an impact the second he gets the chance.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
To get pieces need to win a cup . If they are not signed long term Holloway's goes no where . It will take a helluva good offer for us to part with Holloway , Bourgault or Samorukov .

Im usually an advocate for trading prospects..
But Holloway is like a Mark Stone.. I just don’t think you trade him. We need to see what we have there. Just a feeling I have.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
There is no talking to him. I have been calling down everyone of of his Broberg chop job offers since May. He absolutely believes he's right, so your not going to convince him.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I think we just need some patience, Yamamoto Broberg and McLeod will mature into 3 of our big holes.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Holloway's gonna be a player, don't think he is going anywhere unless the return is a slam dunk addition that's not just a rental.

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
fine offer withdrawn
but just let me remind it was you as OP who said
this is what we need
and this is what could potentially be on the table if it is a fit

I stand by saying in an earlier offer other thread that a ballpark of equiv of 4 2nds+ now for a top 10 and a delayed 3rd is fair

My quote to you in this thread was less, but unfinished with blanks to fill. Also, Holloway is a mid 1st pick, Broberg [not on the table, just making a pt as to value] was 8OA.

The bottom line here is quality is gonna cost in any deal regardless of who/which teams are involved.

But you may get a find, nevertheless...

Man you’ve been offering terrible trades since I can remember. It’s not like we have the ability to actually accept the trade and you get away with a fleecing. Add a little more value on your end and maybe you won’t look like a complete homer

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Penguins ans Burke can help out the Oilers...

Rust gives them another scoring threat, speed and a top 6 wing.

Letang gives them another 1/2 D with a winning pedigree.

Price be very high for Letang as a rental. Rust is best suited as a trade rhen sign.
Pena be looking for high end picks and grade A prospects.

Dumo could also be a fit in oil Town.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yet again why did the hell did leafs even sign Mrazek? It's not even that likely he'll be there as 1B in the playoffs due to being so injury prone. He wasn't and isn't better than Campbell. Now upcoming off-season Campbell is UFA and will want around $4-5M per.

Campbell will want and get more. Ullmark just got 5 and Campbell is better and just as (not super) proven.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad