GDT: ECQF 4 | FLYERS (A) vs. Canadiens (H) | Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2020 | 3:00 pm ET | Flyers lead series 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Thompson has done well in the OZ and boards today. Liked his work there.

BUT he has got caught in NZ way too much. You cant look bad in the DZ when you are not there! (Bunnaman has done a great job covering)
Bunny has been freaking great today.

I'm seeing a lot less blatant f*** ups from Thompson today and his hustle on the forecheck has been effective at times.

Believe me, not saying he's been a revelation today, he's simply been acceptable. Which is just fine.

His xGF% ain't great, but his individual CF isn't horrible. It's an improvement

BritainStix

Oct 20, 2016
Nate Thompson has had two very good periods. I don't understand why people find it so hard to praise bad players when they do things right.

Bit like the coaching staff. AV does something right, not because he meant to, but all luck......some people just make up their own narratives.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Bundy's hair is so greasy.

tumblr_mo6d23LoUs1regpz7o1_500.gif

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Bunny has been freaking great today.

I'm seeing a lot less blatant f*** ups from Thompson today and his hustle on the forecheck has been effective at times.

Believe me, not saying he's been a revelation today, he's simply been acceptable. Which is just fine.
Idk if I’d call them f*** ups... I think that’s just how he plays.

Reactions: DancingPanther

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I do not understand what is the hate on Thompson. He is 4th liner that plays limited min, win faceoffs, hit, blocks and PK. is he Draper? No but he is not horrible, not VV horrible.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I actually can dig Raffl-Coots-Jake in the name of depth, and I would've said so before the game. That line has a long history of being quiet killers. Raffl gives a little up in talent, but he always has chemistry with those guys, and how does the other team even get the puck?

I like Farabee with the Hayes line again.

But it's a bit confusing. They were willing to die on the hill of Laughton with Hayes, sacrificing depth. That was the presumably single reason Grant-Thompson were 3C/4C. Now, Laughton has been awful and is swapped to 3LW. With Giroux as the sacrifice. Grant-Thompson seems to be the hill on top of the hill to die on. They look awful today, as usual. How are Giroux and Laughton both on the 3rd line and both at wing? Woof.

BritainStix

Oct 20, 2016
If Giroux makes that third line respectable and only scores points on the PP, thats a huge win for the flyers.

Providing of course that the PP actually scores at some point in the future.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I actually have very little issue with the tactics Flyers employing overall at 5v5.

They have the better team D, and more talent overall, and an equal goalie.

It makes sense that they are outplaying Montreal at their own game. When Montreal dont get to the net... well.. only ~2-3 of their players can actually score. Low event hockey means the Flyers low events are probably better ones.

But yeh, not going to say the same for the line-up haha. That is hamstringing them.

It felt to me like they weren't attacking as vigorously in the 2nd as in the 1st, where they used the boards to just circumvent Montreal's NZ coverage. I liked that a lot.

Reactions: Appleyard

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I hope Derek Grant and Nate Thompson aren’t too annoying for you. The amount of former Ducks out there since 2015 could make up three decent lines on any team. I hate our GM.
Grant looked fine before the break, but has been trash since the return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad