GDT: ECQF 4 | FLYERS (A) vs. Canadiens (H) | Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2020 | 3:00 pm ET | Flyers lead series 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Hagg had himself a good first, for his standards. He actually made a couple defensive players.

His second period was downright Haggian though. Dude was fighting the puck and losing very badly. The puck pummeled him so deeply the docs may have to stop the fight.
If we win this round Hagger worth a 1st from some GM looking for young talent. :)

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Huh. Thanks. I don’t think I would mind that with someone better than Grant between Giroux and Laughton. Or really, you could put either of those two in the middle anyway and probably be better off.
I edited that post late, but here's the results so far...

Exactly as you'd expect...

Poor Giroux...

with Grant
7:49
43.75 CF%
38.80 xGF%

without Grant
2:00
100.00 CF%
100.00 xGF%

Meanwhile Grant...

with Giroux
43.75 CF%
38.80 xGF%

without Giroux
28.57 CF%
13.85 xGF%

But yeah, if they're taking Giroux off the top line, Frost would have been the only acceptable center. It's worked in the past.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
He really hasn't at all.
compared to his dogshit games 1-3, he has been a lot better. He still can play much better but he has been more aggressive. He actually made two really nice backchecks that we never saw in the other games. Nice to see that and something to build off of

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Watched the first in a meeting, missed the second for a meeting, work day is done and now I am watching and posting.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Milbury is an idiot....

They’re taking about Hart’s shutout streak, they mention he can’t break the record this game, and Milbury goes “how many overtime’s would that take”....

HOW WOULD THEY GO TO OVERTIME IF HART HAS A SHUTOUT MIKE

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
To that end, one of our adjustments appears to be a hell of a lot more bank passes, ideally with two forecheckers pressuring one guy in the neutral zone so one of them has a likelyhood of getting around and picking up the bank. Even one on one a lot of Habs have been caught flat in the face of a rushing Flyers going after a puck banked off the boards past them.

Instead of trying to force their way straight through thee middle.
Still too many attempts to force plays, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad