GDT: ECQF 4 | FLYERS (A) vs. Canadiens (H) | Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2020 | 3:00 pm ET | Flyers lead series 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Score looks good. Worth a watch tonight so far?

Besides the roster deployment Rangers fans warned me about, they also yelled about his shell hockey in the playoffs. Which I was lulled into believing no longer exists because we were vastly more aggressive with a lead in the regular season than we were in the prior reign of terror.

And yet here we are.

Other teams’ fans don’t count unless their comments are positive. You know this.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Nate Thompson has had two very good periods. I don't understand why people find it so hard to praise bad players when they do things right.

Bit like the coaching staff. AV does something right, not because he meant to, but all luck......some people just make up their own narratives.
People made up their mind about him the moment that trade happened and now it doesn't matter what he does.

Reactions: BrokenStix

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Score looks good. Worth a watch tonight so far?

Other teams’ fans don’t count unless their comments are positive. You know this.
They made the lines...
Raffl-Couturier-Voracek
Farabee-Hayes-TK
Giroux-Grant-Laughton
Bunnaman-Thompson-Pitlick

Also...
Poor Giroux...

with Grant
7:49
43.75 CF%
38.80 xGF%

without Grant
2:00
100.00 CF%
100.00 xGF%

Meanwhile Grant...

with Giroux
43.75 CF%
38.80 xGF%

without Giroux
28.57 CF%
13.85 xGF%

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
People made up their mind about him the moment that trade happened and now it doesn't matter what he does.

That's because he was bad the day of the trade and has been worse since.

Today he hasn't done anything glaringly awful...yet. He's just letting the wingers do the work which is fine. If he can execute simple passes and stay in position I can live with him. He's always going to hurt the team offensively but if he doesn't hurt them defensively too, he won't get as much shit. If he can be a Blair Betts circa 2010 if you will.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
"He controls the pace of play"

It's like someone handed a microphone to his ass cheeks and they held it while his sphincter offered that analysis.

he does control the pace...then turns it over and allows montreal to control the pace. So either he controls or he lets montreal control lol. He has been a lot better in this game, much more aggressive. He just needs to play a little faster

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
They made the lines...
Raffl-Couturier-Voracek
Farabee-Hayes-TK
Giroux-Grant-Laughton
Bunnaman-Thompson-Pitlick

Huh. Thanks. I don’t think I would mind that with someone better than Grant between Giroux and Laughton. Or really, you could put either of those two in the middle anyway and probably be better off.

Reactions: Striiker

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I hope Derek Grant and Nate Thompson aren’t too annoying for you. The amount of former Ducks out there since 2015 could make up three decent lines on any team. I hate our GM.

They are annoying the living shit out of me like you wouldn't believe, but I love actual ducks, and both my brother and I love the Oregon Ducks, so everything is fine.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hagg had himself a good first, for his standards. He actually made a couple defensive players.

His second period was downright Haggian though. Dude was fighting the puck and losing very badly. The puck pummeled him so deeply the docs may have to stop the fight.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad