GDT: ECQF 4 | FLYERS (A) vs. Canadiens (H) | Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2020 | 3:00 pm ET | Flyers lead series 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I actually have very little issue with the tactics Flyers employing overall at 5v5.

They have the better team D, and more talent overall, and an equal goalie.

It makes sense that they are outplaying Montreal at their own game. When Montreal dont get to the net... well.. only ~2-3 of their players can actually score. Low event hockey means the Flyers low events are probably better ones.

But yeh, not going to say the same for the line-up haha. That is hamstringing them.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Unpopular opinion but its guys like Raffl you end up winning series with. Low event player but who can slide up/down line up and play a variety of players.
He's very good at providing a spark. He should only be in the top 6 occasionally though.

Reactions: Lindberg

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
The Couturier line scores an early goal and the Flyers play no event hockey from there on out.

897.gif

Lucky Carey Price spotted them a multiple goal lead. Because they weren't trying to spot themselves one. o_O

View attachment 362048
Shades of the shell

Reactions: JXC and Striiker

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
i really want to see price pulled damnit. Please give me that. Please

sanheim and myers are the best players by far followed by hart, provorov, and couts

Reactions: BiggE

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I am Thompson's hardest critic. If he plays like he does today, you'll hear a lot less from me.

Take a look at Giroux- 2nd on the team in xGF% and CF% (behind Myers!!!!) despite dragging those 2 mannequins around

Thompson has done well in the OZ and boards today. Liked his work there.

BUT he has got caught in NZ way too much. You cant look bad in the DZ when you are not there! (Bunnaman has done a great job covering)

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I have said for years that Michael Raffl is the kind of 4th liner who you win cups with.

Raffl is an oddball player who I'm not sure even quantifies as a typical 4th liner.

Also wtf does Chris Therrien always look like his hair is soaking wet?

Reactions: ybnvs

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The Couturier line scores an early goal and the Flyers play no event hockey from there on out.

897.gif

Lucky Carey Price spotted them a multiple goal lead. Because they weren't trying to spot themselves one. o_O

View attachment 362048

Besides the roster deployment Rangers fans warned me about, they also yelled about his shell hockey in the playoffs. Which I was lulled into believing no longer exists because we were vastly more aggressive with a lead in the regular season than we were in the prior reign of terror.

And yet here we are.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Not unpopular, Raffl is a really useful player. Skates, checks, PKs, hits, gets his nose dirty and has good enough hands to pick the tippytop corner. He scored a nice goal in the round robin too.

Quite a few posters consider him a dime a dozen player.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I am totally down with couts-g-hayes down the middle but give giroux some more offense:

jvr-giroux-tk

i am liking farabee with hayes and couts with voracek. Every line gets two studs: giroux/tk, couts/voracek, hayes/farabee
Poor Giroux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad