Prospect Info: Logan Mailloux Part 3 The Only Hockey Talk Thread

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
Or leaves a lot to be desired imo. If that is our bottom pair then it’s a bit disappointing imo, because it likely means Mailloux and others aren’t quite as far along as we hoped. Arber needs to get back to playing sound hockey. His camp was very meh.

I still believe in Nathan Mailloux, I believe we got a good one here. He missed a lot of development time, so maybe we are expecting too much too soon.

Logan Mailloux? There is no Nathan Mailloux on hockeyDB.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
As always, the conversation breaks down as to who people "like" based on feelings (and some on their politics) rather then performance.

3rd in AHL defenseman scoring in his rookie year.

All Star rookie team

4th highest rookie AHL scorer

The intelligent, common sense thing to do is wait to see how he does this year with another year of development. So far, in the pre-season he's thrown out there with various partners and practically no PP time despite his offensive potential.

On the other hand, nobody can accuse him of failing to produce on our power play juggernaut...
'Likes' and expectations based on unsubstantiated feelings and hopes have been around since I started watching hockey in the 1950's. Case in point: Magog's, Junior Langlois, who, prior to his rookie season in 1958, was touted by some pundits as the next Doug Harvey. I remember after watching Langlois play for the first time saying to myself: Heck, I can skate better than this guy. The all too pervasive presence of social media has only added to this phenomenon of quickly over hyping prospects and their projected merit. It even allows the unfit to be elected president.

While we can all have or hopes and doubts, it is wise to adopt a wait and see approach while we watch how these projected defensive stalwarts perform against true NHL competition. Then we can all make a valued judgement as to their true potential.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I feel good about mailloux. None of these players are perfect, he still has things to work on. but I love his shot and size too much. Scored lots of goals in first pro season even after missing so much development time. I think that will translate soon in the NHL once he develops a bit more.

I like mailloux a lot more than all the other RDs including Reinbacher. Hopefully DR becomes a stud because ideally mailloux plays top 4.

He reminds me of Bouchard
He'll be fine he just needs more work.
He does tend to get tangled up on his own which he has to work out. Funny enough he looks very similar to Justin Barron in that regard.
Barron grew out of it and I think it takes time for some Big Bodies to find their coordination when things are going faster all around them.
He never going to be a defensive genius but most people knew that going in.
Bottom line his O game should be able to negate his lapses on D when he's ready.

Last edited:
Reactions: HabzSauce

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Clearly you ignored what I said.

"Guhle is as good as Savard is NOW with more upside coming"

He's 22 playing his off wing and baby sitting Mathesons adventures. Practically no PP time and always the last man back.

If you choose to believe that it's all he will ever be, that is you cross to bear.
Didn't ignore what you said. I disagree, I don't believe there's a lot more come from him.

Or leaves a lot to be desired imo. If that is our bottom pair then it’s a bit disappointing imo, because it likely means Mailloux and others aren’t quite as far along as we hoped. Arber needs to get back to playing sound hockey. His camp was very meh.

I still believe in Nathan Mailloux, I believe we got a good one here. He missed a lot of development time, so maybe we are expecting too much too soon.
Logan Mailloux reminds you of Nathan Beaulieu that much?

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad