Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 5 days) - Mont Tremblant vacay

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 143 60.9%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 6.8%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 35 14.9%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Tuch

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Wouhou! Looks all the people Sens recalled from the AHL for Saturday game: Tyler Boucher, Angus Crookshank, Stephen Halliday, Hayden Hodgson, Cole Reinhardt, Filip Roos and Donovan Sebrango.

edit: I'm reading Sens have a back-to-back Friday/Saturday, maybe these aren't for the Saturday game.

Last edited:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
doubt we dress the first time or hutson, just like last game.
It's the Habs last pre-season game and the vets asked for the road game. It was planned to be near the full line-up for that game.

Man, Xhekaj is so in their heads! So f***ing funny 😂
Getting half of the team best players injured because Xhekaj live rent free in the Sens's head is not funny.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I'm reading Sens have a back-to-back Friday/Saturday, maybe these aren't all for Saturday. Hopefully, althought I expect Boucher and Reinhardt to be.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Roy needs to work on his skating. Hour after hour. Skate the circles both ways backwards and forwards.
Well, he can do that in Laval as far as I am concerned.

Looked like he came to camp assuming he had a spot, showed no energy, looked disinterested, and was beat out by multiple guys. Wifi and Armia went to Laval as a wakeup, so there is no reason this guy shouldnt either.

Not a chance he should be anywhere close to the second line.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Well, he can do that in Laval as far as I am concerned.

Looked like he came to camp assuming he had a spot, showed no energy, looked disinterested, and was beat out by multiple guys. Wifi and Armia went to Laval as a wakeup, so there is no reason this guy shouldnt either.

Not a chance he should be anywhere close to the second line.
Fair and accurate. He has upside but like Mailloux he needs more time

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
As expected, Sens are going to goon it up on Sat. I hope Habs brass has enough brains to not dress ANY valuable players for that game. This is absolutely stupid meaningless game. They don't need an extra game to gel. Lines are set. There is zero to gain from this game.

Sit them all down. Bring up entire AHL and ECHL or whatever butt-f***-HL team you want. Do not dress Suzuki, Dach, Caufield, Slaf, Hutson, Guhle. Just don't.

Reactions: Tuggy

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
As expected, Sens are going to goon it up on Sat. I hope Habs brass has enough brains to not dress ANY valuable players for that game. This is absolutely stupid meaningless game. They don't need an extra game to gel. Lines are set. There is zero to gain from this game.

Sit them all down. Bring up entire AHL and ECHL or whatever butt-f***-HL team you want. Do not dress Suzuki, Dach, Caufield, Slaf, Hutson, Guhle. Just don't.

You know what’s sad, even if they reached down to the AHL who could they bring up that have any muscle.

Maybe Tuch, Condotta, Logan, and Wifi Lite.

The whole organization, top to bottom is soft.

Reactions: The Real Timo

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
You know what’s sad, even if they reached down to the AHL who could they bring up that have any muscle.

That's why I said "some bum-f***-HL" team. Doesn't have to be AHL, doesn't even have to be Habs :D

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

I found the organization's organigram:

p2i5te34kb7z.jpg

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Vincent Arseneau (not in the regular season though).

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

100% agree.

Ice the bare minimum required for NHL players but sit as many as you can.

Reactions: Leto

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Wouhou! Looks all the people Sens recalled from the AHL for Saturday game: Tyler Boucher, Angus Crookshank, Stephen Halliday, Hayden Hodgson, Cole Reinhardt, Filip Roos and Donovan Sebrango.

edit: I'm reading Sens have a back-to-back Friday/Saturday, maybe these aren't for the Saturday game.
Halliday is a good prospect the Habs should have drafted, but he's 6'4 and they're just learning that players with size is how you're going to win.

I kind of want Crookshank on the Habs just to get a jersey with that name

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I don't understand people saying we are soft from top to bottom , do you guys think other teams have 25 AHL and ECHL goons under contract or something? If anything the only important softies on our team are Suzuki and Caufield but nobody wants to name them and wants to talk about *overall* team softness......interesting

I don't see us being softer than the average 2024 NHL hockey organization but I'd love to be proven wrong

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't understand people saying we are soft from top to bottom , do you guys think other teams have 25 AHL and ECHL goons under contract or something? If anything the only important softies on our team are Suzuki and Caufield but nobody wants to name them and wants to talk about *overall* team softness......interesting

I don't see us being softer than the average 2024 NHL hockey organization but I'd love to be proven wrong
Most teams don't want their skilled guys usually top six roughing it up.
It's rare to find players like Wendell Clark Jerome Iginla or Mark Messier who can play that POS nasty role when they have to.
That's why we are continually harping about our bottom six. Soft and soft down the middle Anderson not doing his job and Pezz a lightweight.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Most teams don't want their skilled guys usually top six roughing it up.
It's rare to find players like Wendell Clark Jerome Iginla or Mark Messier who can play that POS nasty role when they have to.
That's why we are continually harping about our bottom six. Soft and soft down the middle Anderson not doing his job and Pezz a lightweight.
Pezz is one of their leading hitters

Just read that the Sens have called up a bunch of ahl plugs for the Saturday game. I would NOT dress my best players if I were the Habs. Especially with their injury history. These guys will not care about running our best.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Pezz is one of their leading hitters

Just read that the Sens have called up a bunch of ahl plugs for the Saturday game. I would NOT dress my best players if I were the Habs. Especially with their injury history. These guys will not care about running our best.
Pezz is a shit disturber no doubt but he can't back up his shit.

Reactions: morhilane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad