Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Very excited for this series. It seemed for months we were just waiting for the season to finish, so we could finally just play the Bruins. Last year we were in the "just glad to be here" seat. This year feels very different. I will be disappointed if we don't win, but very little can take away my excitement on how good we will be for the next decade. Go Leafs Go.

Reactions: Jozay and Lauro

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
replace hyman on the top line and Matthews line becomes as good or better than bruins top line.

bruins top line is dangerous because that is a three headed monster - all three can pass, make plays, shoot

We shall see, but I think that this could be a defining issue .....and it's not about balance...the guy who could replace him is not even in the lineup...
If they win and Hyman is a contributor I will be very happy of course, but I really think that babcock's stubbornness is going to cost them..
In the next 2 weeks the postmortem will tell the tale.

Reactions: ToMaLe

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I know it’s a negative thought but it just sucks that if Matthews line struggles, it won’t be hyman that gets moved it’ll likely be Nylander and Marner that get swapped. If Hyman (god forbid) gets hurt Komarov likely slides in there. If the fourth line is getting dominated it’ll likely be Kapanen that comes out for Johnsson instead of Komarov.

Thems the breaks I spose

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
I know it’s a negative thought but it just sucks that if Matthews line struggles, it won’t be hyman that gets moved it’ll likely be Nylander and Marner that get swapped. If Hyman (god forbid) gets hurt Komarov likely slides in there. If the fourth line is getting dominated it’ll likely be Kapanen that comes out for Johnsson instead of Komarov.

Thems the breaks I spose

It's Babcockian philosophy at work......it aint the "breaks".

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Some have forgotten what an amazing and surprising year it has been for the Bruins, who were expected to be life and death to get in through the wildcard prior to the season. But their kids have played great, and their top line was crazy good, basically the best in the league.

But this bodes well for the playoffs.

You can't count too many one line teams having a lot of playoff success, and although some will argue Boston is more than that . . . if we shut down thateir top line, it's pretty much a win right there. So that will certainly be a key.

But style of play is huge too, and the Bruins don't like ours. If we forecheck, speed them to death, and snipe like we know we can, this can easily be done in 6 games, especially if Freddy is playing well. If the Bruins top line continues to produce, and our defensive depth gets exposed . . . it might be tough.

Leafs in 6.
Matthews series MVP.
the bruins are more than a 1 line team and just because we shut down their top line doesn't mean we will win.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Who's crushing off the game 1 GDT? @Budsfan ?

If someone wants to make one by all means do so, I only suggest you make them early, if there is no GDT up and I have my stuff ready, I will put one up but if someone else has one up I will just add my stuff in.

I really don't care who puts one up but we usually have as many as 8-9 pages in the regular season by game time and in the playoffs, I expect a lot more pages than that, so go for it......

Cheers!

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
If someone wants to make one by all means do so, I only suggest you make them early, if there is no GDT up and I have my stuff ready, I will put one up but if someone else has one up I will just add my stuff in.

I really don't care who puts one up but we usually have as many as 8-9 pages in the regular season by game time and in the playoffs I expect a lot more pages than that, so go for it......

Cheers!
I don't have the ability to make GDT's, but yours are good. If someone else is doing it hopefully they go all out.

Reactions: Budsfan

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I don't have the ability to make GDT's, but yours are good. If someone else is doing it hopefully they go all out.

Good post and if someone wants to do something special and put something with their slant on it and it may take them time to accumulate bits a pieces to make something up, I think anytime after midnight a poster can put up a GDT and just put on the header, then add to it when you have it all ready to go?

Reactions: Mugzy97

MorrisSmit89

Mar 20, 2014
I genuinely believe, at their best, no one could beat the Leafs. I think Matthews and Willy's stats aren't indicative of the tremendous seasons they've had and I think our defense is highly underrated. The biggest defensive issue on this team is the forwards and I am confident that Hainsey, Zaitsev, Reilly and Gardiner will pick it up in the playoffs to compensate for that.

I'm not even nervous because I think the Leafs have it in the bag.

Reactions: willmma

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
If any aspect of our top line is a "major issue", I'll take more major issues, please.
Lol... I thought the same thing. If they put another finisher on that line with Willy and Austin everyone's point totals would go up but that line was a massive + this season and Zach had a lot to do with that. Not saying I love Babs gluing Hyman to Matthews hip but to say it hasn't been effective isn't true

LeafsSkull

May 21, 2015
Toronto
Stanley cup here we go!

8bkstgg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad