Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'm still far more interested in our series than any of the others. Might be fun to see the crazy environment around the first Vegas home playoff game. But otherwise I'm just more interested in getting to tomorrow and starting this series against Boston.
I'm in the same boat. Would be exciting for their fan base after everything they went through.
Solid view, but I'm going the other way. The attitude of that fanbase long since drained any interest I had in seeing them succeed. Hope the Wild deliver a hilarious first round upset on them.

Reactions: LeafsAndFlames

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
It is not. There is pretty much not a single argument in support of that.

They have delivered constantly. You are holding other players failures against them, which is absurd.
Our top line has a total of 6 NHL playoff games each to their resume.
It is not fair to say they are better or worse at present. There is a lack of sample size.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
It's the same players as in the regular season. We don't need to limit us to playoff games to know that our top line is not as good as the Boston line.

That top line for Boston is probably the best line in the league. There's no shame in it. That line, and Rask, have to carry them. The confidence I have, and that any Leaf fan should have, is that we have 3 other lines better than their 3 other lines.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Meh. People are just over dramatic when it comes to thinking Boston's defense is way better. It's hard to rank them h2h, so I'm putting them in tiers in no particular order:

Elite:
Rielly

Top-pairing:
Chara
McAvoy
Gardiner

Top-4:
Krug
Dermott
Hainsey

Top-6
Carlo
Holden
Grz
Carrick
Zaitsev

AHL level:
Polak
Miller
McQuaid

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
All valid points imo and I think Boston will be less that 100% but obviously still a handful.
As for you being a homer; welcome to the club
CTProInd.jpg

Thank you. I think I'm going to like this club. :)

No kidding lol. Laine and the Jets are a whole different dynamic though because there is this following of Laine fans who aren't Jets fans.. A lot of those people make outlandish predictions and comments.

That's true. I don't spend much time on the main boards but from the little time I have spent there, nobody has been even close to as annoying as some of those Finns. Though I think some Boston fans are legit contenders and will make their move soon.

I'm in the same boat. Would be exciting for their fan base after everything they went through.

Yeah really I mean they get a team, then lose it, then get it back again ... I'll never forget the pics of the first practise after getting the team back, the place was packed like it was a playoff game. Gotta love fans like that!

Not as good YET
:nod:

:clap:

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
I'm still far more interested in our series than any of the others. Might be fun to see the crazy environment around the first Vegas home playoff game. But otherwise I'm just more interested in getting to tomorrow and starting this series against Boston.

Solid view, but I'm going the other way. The attitude of that fanbase long since drained any interest I had in seeing them succeed. Hope the Wild deliver a hilarious first round upset on them.

They definitely have some real geniuses but I don't want to do what many other team's fans have done with the Maple Leaf fan base which is to brushstroke all of them because of some Einsteins. That said many of them are REALLY irritating and I would guess that very few of them want to see us win even one game.

kindalaidback

숨 참고 LOVE DIVE
Nov 24, 2017
NYC
Leafs lines at practice remain the same; Komarov is still on the fourth line, FYI.

Seems like Nash is not playing tomorrow, which could be good for us, but we'll see what happens.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
Crap. My landlord got rid of a bunch of channels including CBC and TSN for the start of this month because all he really watches is the Jays on SN. I have a friend willing to order cable so I can watch at his place, but I will lose time taking a ferry after work to get to him. So my option is to stream or go to the pub and beg them to put the Leafs on - which they never want to and it's expensive eating out so often.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Many people consider the Bruins top line to be the best in the world. To say they haven't delivered is insulting and blaming team results on them makes no sense. It's even more silly when you bring up past results when the line wasn't even together. And then to say they "can't match" our top line is just over the top arrogance.

Let's keep it real shall we?

No doubt the Leafs top line should be better soon, but remember at the start of the season Babcock chose Bergeron and Marchand to skate on the World Cup first line with Crosby, so even he might disagree.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
No doubt the Leafs top line should be better soon, but remember at the start of the season Babcock chose Bergeron and Marchand to skate on the World Cup first line with Crosby, so even he might disagree.

The Leafs first line has Zach Hyman. So probably not.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

Wonder if Riley Nash will be ready by game 1? I think they'll need him to provide that extra depth against the Leafs.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Crap. My landlord got rid of a bunch of channels including CBC and TSN for the start of this month because all he really watches is the Jays on SN. I have a friend willing to order cable so I can watch at his place, but I will lose time taking a ferry after work to get to him. So my option is to stream or go to the pub and beg them to put the Leafs on - which they never want to and it's expensive eating out so often.

Landlord needs a smack upside the head. It's playoffs, man!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Isn't CBC free to air?

Reactions: NiftyMits
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad