Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
6 homes and a private yacht? And he's sitting here trolling a hockey forum. Class act.

Every time I read some of our dedicated trolls on here and they mention they're grown-ass men of 50 or 60, I actually hope that they are bored teenagers or something a little less sad. Because years and years of doing this for a team you despise, it speaks of something pathologically broken inside a person.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Riley Nash is suspected to be out for game 1, that's a huge matchup advantage for Bozak if true

I hope so

I'm not going to lie that Bozak line makes me nervous whenever I see them on the ice

Hopefully there a net positive this playoffs not a drag like they were against Washington

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I have never heard Bob McCowan so positive about the Leafs. He actually thinks Leafs will beat the Bruins in this series. He will be less surprised if the Leafs win it in 5 as opposed to Boston winning in 5.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
That would be a disaster which safe to say, won't happen.
I'm not too sure.

Babcock is old school, but he's still rather unorthodox in his line ups and line matching.

Plakanec and Komorav are his go to guys for defense. He does not too much after that on the forwards.

Lately the worst forward line defensively has been the Matthews line.

The Bozak line against the Beregron line, we know wants that who and does not, even Bozak has been a lot better in the second half of the season.

That leaves the standard choice, which is the Kadri line, with Marleau and Marner, to matchup against one of the best lines in hockey.

What if they can't handle it?

If Babcock changes the match up, then who is up next?

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
As for Marchand and Plekanec, there's a whole lot of talk about that matchup but for some reason nobody has bothered to even check if it has actually been effective.

Answer: It has not.

Over the last four seasons or so, Marchand has 10 points in the 12 games where he has faced up primarily against Plekanec. That's pretty much identical to his normal point pace over that stretch.

If Plekanec can get under his skin, all the better. But that's all we should hope for, and it's unlikely as they will likely not see the ice at the same time.
If the Leafs can contain that line to one goal a game, the Leafs will win the series in all probability.

The rest of the Bruins won't beat the Leafs, but that line will.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Win or lose, it feels great to be so damn nervous for a playoff series. In 2013 or 2016 I didn’t feel like we had a chance. This year we have a legit team that can do some real damage one way or another.

And for anyone reading predictions where the majority are taking Boston... embrace it. Being an underdog is a fantastic position for this team, where we can play loose and with no pressure. Let’s prove these bitches wrong and let’s see what these kids can do.

Damn I’ve missed this.

Reactions: Beaninfritz

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
The comments got deleted, but there was this one user who wrote that they own 6 homes and one yacht, and if poor people cannot afford to live in a big city, they should move out of it. They were equating being poor with having a low IQ, which is bull****, obviously, and that they are happy if they do not have to live alongside poor people.

lol have they seen IQ levels of Paris hilton, Kim Kardashian, Kanye west etc......

Donald Trump a billionaire his iq is off the charts lol

That’s why I respect warren buffet he says he got lucky in life. Honest RICH guy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad