Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Kapi made his NHL debut in the play offs last year. Lets not forget that.
Which is why I'm not scared of Johnsson's lack of experience. Skill >>> # of games played

But yea not his debut, only had 8 regular season games played. Less than Johnsson

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
Less than 24 hours to go.

Leafs took a very franchise risk keeping Bozak and JVR post-trade deadline for this moment. Hoping both players have a big series.

Reactions: NiftyMits

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Bruins will still ice two high-end lines. They are not a shallow team. They can beat us with depth too.

Yeah, I don’t know where people are reading that the Bruins don’t have depth. They are a deep team with one really great line and three other good lines.

This series is too close to call but if I had to pick one with my brain and not my heart, I’d say the Bruins in 7 because they have home ice.

Reactions: GardinerTheForward

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Bruins will still ice two high-end lines. They are not a shallow team. They can beat us with depth too.
Meh. Especially with Riley Nash and Donato not projected to play tomorrow, I think we're better lines 2 through 4. They're pretty banged up too so not expecting them to be at 100%, ex: Backes apparently not having anywhere near the speed he usually has while not even being known as a speedster. I think we've got good odds to win game 1 tomorrow.

Reactions: The Cobra

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Yeah, I don’t know where people are reading that the Bruins don’t have depth. They are a deep team with one really great line and three other good lines.

This series is too close to call but if I had to pick one with my brain and not my heart, I’d say the Bruins in 7 because they have home ice.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

traitor

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Yes, that is exactly what I said, Daisy.

but it wasn't.
there is no way a top ten team in the league is going to lop off 1/2 a line. then replace it with what.
if/when they go, they have depth to replace it, and financial ability to get other pieces - benefiting of course of what we got from their production down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Either gotta win it all or acquire ALL the draft picks.

There really is no between Daisy.

lol, apparently so.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Which is why I'm not scared of Johnsson's lack of experience. Skill >>> # of games played

But yea not his debut, only had 8 regular season games played. Less than Johnsson
McAvoy stepped in as a top pairing defenseman for Boston in the playoffs as a rookie and looked fine. Murray stepped in as Pittsburgh's starting goalie as a rookie and looked fine. Worrying more about Johnsson's lack of experience more than Komarov's lack of ability to make a positive impact is pretty stupid

Reactions: The Cobra

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
McAvoy stepped in as a top pairing defenseman for Boston in the playoffs as a rookie and looked fine. Murray stepped in as Pittsburgh's starting goalie as a rookie and looked fine. Worrying more about Johnsson's lack of experience more than Komarov's lack of ability to make a positive impact is pretty stupid

Kapanen clearly looked out to lunch last year in the playoffs due to his lack of experience

:sarcasm:

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Experience is just a buzzword used for a player who has no skill or ability left. Its nice to have but not everything. Hopefully Babcock comes to his senses.

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
but it wasn't.
there is no way a top ten team in the league is going to lop off 1/2 a line. then replace it with what.
if/when they go, they have depth to replace it, and financial ability to get other pieces - benefiting of course of what we got from their production down the stretch and in the playoffs.

You disagree and your point makes sense, but I still believe it was a franchise risk. If Leafs get knocked out in the first round within 4 or 5 games, the fact is, both players possibly go away for nothing. We kept those two to make a deep playoff run, it is the same reason why Marleau is here as well, that veteran leadership, star power and experience. The team wants to go deep this year.

There was the possibility Leafs not making the playoffs without those two, that is a risk too, and I am sure that is the reason Leafs didn't trade JVR and Bozak. But I also look at it this way: Leafs are only two years out from picking first overall as the 30th place team, we are in a division where Ott, Mont and Buff, who are at the bottom of the league. 3 teams had to succeed in that division, Leafs were one of them, and luckily Florida didn't play well. We didn't get lucky, but it was easier to be in this division compared to others.

Not a knock against the Leafs, because we do have a pretty awesome team...but like I said, I am of the opinion the Leafs still had ways to go before going for the Cup, our defense is not close to where it should be to be Cup contenders, as an example. I want to be wrong tho.

Last edited:

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
The Bruin's depth situation is interesting. Their top line is great, and their bottom six is pretty good, but their second line is only so-so. Despite their first line being better than any line on our team, I believe our average top six quality is higher, with us essentially icing two first lines.

In bottom six vs. bottom six, our 4th line is better than theirs, but the third line is a wild card. Our third line has the potential to play at a very high level, but there's is much more consistent defensively. We might be creating chance after chance, or we could get hemmed in our own zone for long shifts.

Defensive depth is a bit more clear. Their top pairing is again better than any pairing we have, but our bottom four has both Gardiner and Dermott, giving us the clear advantage.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
f*** I hate komarov

He’s got 1 game to show some sort of worth... after that he needs to f*** off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad