Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
No way that's him...why is he not wearing goalie skates?

He is wearing goalie skates.

Reactions: oldgoalie

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005

wow....the chasis seems a lot taller than a typical goalie skate

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA

yep. no rocker at all in the blade stance. pretty cool looking.

Reactions: Chainshot

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
UPL.

There is a very real chance that the majority of starts Levi gets will be in the AHL.
Yeah, I’d be pretty surprised if it isn’t UPL/Reimer to start the season and Levi owning the cage in Rochester. Even if he forces the issue with stellar play in the preseason UPL had such a great season last year that he would be very difficult to unseat.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo
Yeah, I’d be pretty surprised if it isn’t UPL/Reimer to start the season and Levi owning the cage in Rochester. Even if he forces the issue with stellar play in the preseason UPL had such a great season last year that he would be very difficult to unseat.
Levi is their second best, why would they put him in Rochester?
He'll start 30--35 for the Sabres.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I changed my mind. They should do what's best for the team to win this season. Don't worry about Levi's development.

If he helps this team win as backup then I'm fine with him being in Buffalo.

We are going to lose him to expansion soon anyway.

• Wow
Reactions: oldgoalie

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Levi is their second best, why would they put him in Rochester?
He'll start 30--35 for the Sabres.
So many times, the answer to why a player is assigned to the minors is “because he can be”. We have three NHL goalies and only two realistic spots to start the season, it’s better for the team and the player to see him getting as many starts as possible right out of the gate.

Reactions: Ehran

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I changed my mind. They should do what's best for the team to win this season. Don't worry about Levi's development.

If he helps this team win as backup then I'm fine with him being in Buffalo.

We are going to lose him to expansion soon anyway.
He’d better be protected.

Reactions: Jacob582

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
So did Ruff actually say that the 1A should get limited starts, is that what we think he means when he says it's a 2 goalie league now?

Assuming neither goalie gets hurt, does this cap UPL at 54 games, maybe less? If Levi gets 28 games or more I guess it's fine, if Ruff has more confidence with him in net than Reimer.

Reimer has the best chance of clearing waivers at the start of the season. He can be recalled at not have to clear waivers again, until he plays 10 games. And he wouldn't play 10 games unless one of UPL/Levi get hurt.

I would still prefer Levi be the primary Rochester goalie with a couple games a month in Buffalo. I don't think Levi is a .910 goalie this season, and I don't think Reimer is falling off bigly this year (sub .900)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So did Ruff actually say that the 1A should get limited starts, is that what we think he means when he says it's a 2 goalie league now?

That is what he said - it is a 2 goalie league now. People who were thinking the Ruff of 20 years ago rode into town regarding the goaltending use will have to catch up.

Assuming neither goalie gets hurt, does this cap UPL at 54 games, maybe less? If Levi gets 28 games or more I guess it's fine, if Ruff has more confidence with him in net than Reimer.

Something around that. Luukkonnen had 51 starts and later in the season fatigue seemed to be creeping in. I would think they try to balance a bit better. Perhaps Bales has figured out how to schedule it better but we'll see.

Reimer has the best chance of clearing waivers at the start of the season. He can be recalled at not have to clear waivers again, until he plays 10 games. And he wouldn't play 10 games unless one of UPL/Levi get hurt.

I don't know if he clears. The easier/safer move would be sending Levi down. Having Sandstrom as the 3 would be too much risk.

I would still prefer Levi be the primary Rochester goalie with a couple games a month in Buffalo. I don't think Levi is a .910 goalie this season, and I don't think Reimer is falling off bigly this year (sub .900)

Same. I want him to be the NHL 2 but the AHL 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad