2024 Training Camp Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I wonder if the coaching staff is pushing the D to be more aggressive, seems like the weak side D is pinching up to provide a back side outlet quite often

Brindley to Mateychuk, beautiful setup.

I'm liking Harris so far

Damn, Fimis just knocked down JMFJ

Last edited:

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Unless Fimis was terrible in the the drills or locker room, I don't see how he doesn't get a contract.

BJH looks pretty comfortable with the puck on his stick as well.

Brindley looks real good, gained the zone and was patient to let things get setup. Things kinda broke down after a good pass but Hall was able to convert a garbage goal.

Vogelhuber on Jiricek "he's a high draft pick, but young dmen we say they need 250-300 games before they know who they are as a pro player, he's got 150 games? Let's give him another 150 games. I told him to look at Victor Hedman, it wasn't until his 300th game that he started to define himself"

Last edited:

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Nash still overseeing prospects this season, haven't discussed someone else taking over in that role in the future.

Thankful for Jarmo and JD but Don is a chance for him to learn a completely new way of doing things.

He and Jody and blue jackets through and through but thankful for Don to give him this opportunity

Wants to win that cup, fans in town deserve a championship team, wasn't interested in coaching but team construction.

Canada GM experience helped him really build relationships with GMs across the league having to talk to them about players.

Having Don will be helpful since he's been with so many organizations and has seen things that worked and didn't work.

Nash specifically calls out Femis and Pinelli

Last edited:
Reactions: Viqsi

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
First time I've really noticed Jiricek, playing aggressively in the offensive zone carrying the puck behind the net

Christiansen! Carrys the puck in and snipes it past Gardner from the top of the left circle.

Idk if O. Sillinger makes the team out of camp, but I could see him being a 4th line call up

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
TFW makes a good play...but high sticks Hall in the process, white PP

Mateychuk and Jiricek on the PP

Evason was a PKer back in his playing days

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
LDBB and Pinelli look good together...

LDBB in general, looks good.

Big save by Greaves on Malatesta

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Knazko almost sniped top corner on the pinch

LDBB with some good hands and almost snuck one in, good save by Gardner

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I'm trying not to make any evaluations on the kids from this camp. After all, they're playing against one of the worst teams in the NHL.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I'm trying not to make any evaluations on the kids from this camp. After all, they're playing against one of the worst teams in the NHL.
No one's making serious evaluations, but you want to see guys like Brindley, Harris, Mateychuk, Christiansen and LDBB looking a tier above the rest.. Guys making the plays they are supposed to make, meanwhile a guy like TFW still looks a little uncomfortable and I hoped to see that from Jiricek as well but not so much

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
No one's making serious evaluations, but you want to see guys like Brindley, Harris, Mateychuk, Christiansen and LDBB looking a tier above the rest.. Guys making the plays they are supposed to make, meanwhile a guy like TFW still looks a little uncomfortable and I hoped to see that from Jiricek as well but not so much
I'm not saying anything about anybody else's evaluations. Only trying not to get too excited about what I see now. By making my restraint public, there's a better chance it will stick. ;)

Reactions: CBJx614

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

I don't understand why our best shooter is on the left wall as a lefty. Wouldn't we get the most out of his shot on the right side? With a righty on the left side to feed him?
Especially if Werenski is LH and Johnson is a LH playmaker.
Also hope RHD will be in the secon PP Unit if Marchenko is on the left wall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad