Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
In my conscious Leaf lifetime, the Leafs have played 15 playoff series. I first remember the Leafs in the playoffs during the 1999 run, though I was alive before this, I have no recollection at all of anything previous.

While the Leafs have never really been killed in any series, they made it to at least Game 6 in 14/15 other than the Buffalo Series (which is pretty damn good), they don't make it easy on themselves either.

I do realize that one year has no bearing on the other, especially covering different eras. Either way.

Winning Game 1: They are 7-8 here, but 0 for their last 4. Haven't won a Game 1 since 2003. Make it easy on yourself, strike first.

Going up 2-0: This has happened only 3/15, twice vs. Ottawa and the Islander series. Make it easy on yourself, take control of the series.

Going up 3-1: This has not happened in their 15 series. Truly bizarre. In fact, I don't believe they've led 3-1 in a series since 1987, and they blew that lead. Is it really that hard to go up 3-1?

People may like close and exciting series', but not me. Keep some years on my life and make it easy. Sweep everything!

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
Well, some would say this matchup was inevitable. I would be one of those people. If the Leafs win, it would be in no less than 6. I mean, let's face it even if we get a 3-0 series lead miraculously it would end up close. Nothing comes easy for the Leafs.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Time for the boys to become men. I'm looking for Marner to finally break out these playoffs. Last year he disappeared.

Reactions: LyGuy

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Time for the boys to become men. I'm looking for Marner to finally break out these playoffs. Last year he disappeared.
81iO9WRmuRL._SL1418_-59db4330c412440011a17a55.jpg

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
to people saying we wont be able to handle bostons heavy, physical style..remember we played washington 1st round last year. they played a heavier more physical game than the bruins and that series was a coin-flip. even with most our players having no playoff experience. we will be fine

Last edited:

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Visited the Bruins thread (didn't comment). They're rattled. Already making excuses about the refs. Talking about how obnoxious Leafs fans are. It's fantastic.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
This series will be determined by our Kadri line.

At home, how well they can contain the Bergeron line.

On the road, how well they can score and punish the B’s who will be all over the Matthews line with Bergeron and Chara.

Luckily Kadri has shown to be a pretty good playoff performer in his limited experience

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Visited the Bruins thread (didn't comment). They're rattled. Already making excuses about the refs. Talking about how obnoxious Leafs fans are. It's fantastic.

this why I laugh in our GDT when the constant complaining about ref bias starts. Every single team in every single professional sport complain about refereeing or umpiring, No the reality is the refs aren't bias people just need excuses why their team is losing.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
When Marchand starts being Marchand, skate away

Marchand is a menace. The way he broke his stick by smashing it into a teammate was disgusting to watch. If he starts acting up and bully our kids I'd like nothing more than to see Matt Martin pull a Gary Roberts on Kenny Jonsson on him.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Marchand is a menace. The way he broke his stick by smashing it into a teammate was disgusting to watch. If he starts acting up and bully our kids I'd like nothing more than to see Matt Martin pull a Gary Roberts on Kenny Jonsson on him.
if marchand starts doing what hes known for let him take the penalties and take it to them on the PP. that kind of stuff is what can lose a team a series

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
if marchand starts doing what hes known for let him take the penalties and take it to them on the PP. that kind of stuff is what can lose a team a series

If he injures any of our stars, I'm going to jail. Fill in the blanks.

Reactions: NiftyMits

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
If he injures any of our stars, I'm going to jail. Fill in the blanks.
lol, sure you are haha...in all seriousness, hes a dbag but i dont expect any crazyness..games are too important now. but who knows, anything could happen...not concerned really

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
lol, sure you are haha...in all seriousness, hes a dbag but i dont expect any crazyness..games are too important now. but who knows, anything could happen...not concerned really

I think it comes instinctual with him. None of his antics this year have been beneficial to his team. (I'm speaking more of the over the top shit)

As such I dont think the game's importance is going to deter him.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013

I agree, I’d love to see the little pipsqueak get rag dolled.
But that won’t happen because he won’t answer. The rest of the bruins goon squad will jump in to defend him and he will skate away with that stupid smile on his face talking shit as our guy skates to the box. It won’t help.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
I think it comes instinctual with him. None of his antics this year have been beneficial to his team. (I'm speaking more of the over the top ****)

As such I dont think the game's importance is going to deter him.
we shall see, but i mean all you can really do is punish them for it by winning. he's one of the players that will get less rope with player safety and if he does something dumb could realistically be suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad