Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
yeah i didnt add the haha at the end, i find it very funny im not bothered by any other teams feelings. I find it funny 2 canadian teams make it yet only one gets the prized CBC slot

Probably because they have a Central time zone issue playing Minnesota on the road and when they're at home.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Guess that first time playoff matchup against Tampa will have to wait...for Round 2 :)

Boston's going to be a tough, close series. Hoping for the best. GLG!

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Probably because they have a Central time zone issue playing Minnesota on the road and when they're at home.

They are playing 7pm and 8pm eastern time games

Edit: on the jets board they have a thread complaining about 6pm central start times. A pretty legit complaint really, but those tv networks get what they want

Last edited:

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
Lmao not giving up my account with my email & password attached to it, nor do I care for having yours. But how about if we're (assuming you're actually a leafs fan) sweeped then I have to put "Certified Idiot" in my profile description until the draft (where it says registered user for anyone that hasn't customized it yet), and if we aren't sweeped then you have to put it in your description?

Not good enough. We get swept you stop posting for the entire offseason and the entire season next year. Ditto for me.

TkachukMyAho

Apr 13, 2007
Hey guys, i still haven't received a promo code from leaf nation for the presale. Has anyone else received it yet?

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
So looking forward to this. I miss playoffs hockey. Nothing like it

Last year was an anamoly, unexpected. This year, we are going against a division rival. I expect pure hatred

Not since the Ottawa Series back in the day have I been so excited

As for the team. I have a very short leash on Connor Brown. If he doesn't perform, bench him right away.
The speed of Jhonson can really come in handy. Especially with Bozak / JVR. They are relatively slow and they could use some wheels

I hope Babs plays Matthews a lot. No point of saving him now, go all out

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It's an old cliché, but this will likely come down to goaltending.

I think we have the edge in overall talent, and I think they have the edge in experience and the calibre of their veterans.

It's too close to call.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Hey guys, Habs fan coming in peace.

From our history with the Bruins in the playoffs, they have a lot of trouble with speed and skill. I remember in 2014 when the Habs would just tire them out with their speed and it paid off long term with a game 7 win. Just don't fall for their antics and bullying and you should be able to win this series.

Coatsy79

May 14, 2011
Uk
As long as we move our feet I can't see us losing the series

If we play to the Bruins slow game we'll lose

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Hey guys, Habs fan coming in peace.

From our history with the Bruins in the playoffs, they have a lot of trouble with speed and skill. I remember in 2014 when the Habs would just tire them out with their speed and it paid off long term with a game 7 win. Just don't fall for their antics and bullying and you should be able to win this series.

Yea avoiding letting them get under their skin will be huge. Toronto can’t win the pest game, it won’t hapen. So don’t do stupid shit in retaliation (looking at you Kadri).. overall it should be a good series but there is absolutely no reason Toronto can’t win this if they stay composed. When Marchand starts being Marchand, skate away

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Yea avoiding letting them get under their skin will be huge. Toronto can’t win the pest game, it won’t hapen. So don’t do stupid **** in retaliation (looking at you Kadri).. overall it should be a good series but there is absolutely no reason Toronto can’t win this if they stay composed. When Marchand starts being Marchand, skate away

It's always great to win Game 1 in Boston. It sets the tone and their fans are known to be very quiet once they lose a game at home.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
There's a silver lining to not having home ice. Puts a lot of pressure on Boston to win those first 2 games.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
I think the rest of the nhl world is sleeping on us..... were going to hit Boston like a mack truck.

Kinda... Anyone who can actually look up some stats will know right away we're no pushover.

But that Leafs rebuild - young team reputation - precedes us still.

Lets change that this year = )

How on earth this Leafs team managed to be the best ever and people still second guess personnel decisions... I will never understand this fan base/forum.

We can be better. Alot better.
Thats the best part... we are pretty damn good for being a team with still so much more to improve on by a few simple player switches.

Hope the NHL tests for soft pucks in Boston.

Can someone explain this to me...

Yea avoiding letting them get under their skin will be huge. Toronto can’t win the pest game, it won’t hapen. So don’t do stupid **** in retaliation (looking at you Kadri).. overall it should be a good series but there is absolutely no reason Toronto can’t win this if they stay composed. When Marchand starts being Marchand, skate away

HERE HERE!!

GO LEAFS!!!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Teams - Goal differentials on the Season

Boston +56 ..... (270 GF - 214 GA)
Toronto +45 ......(277 GF - 232 GA)

Leafs scored + 7 more goals on the season than Boston but surrendered +18 more.

Goalies

Tuukka Rask .. 2.36 GAA & .917 sv%
vs
F. Anderdsen .. 2.81 GAA & .918 sv%

Teams Top 3 scorers

Rank -- Player --- Pos --- Games -- Goals -- Assists -- Points

13th - Brad Marchand, RW BOS ......... 68 games 34 goals 51 assists 85 points
21st - David Pastrnak, LW BOS ........... 82 games 35 goals 45 assists 80 points
58th - Patrice Bergeron, C BOS ......... 64 games 30 goals 33 assists 63 points

Totals ...............214 games .. 99 goals ..129 assists .. 228 points [ = .463 Goals/g & 1.07 Points/g]

37th - Mitch Marner, RW TOR ..... ....... 82 games 22 goals 47 assists 69 points
58th - Auston Matthews, C TOR ........ 62 games 34 goals 29 assists 63 points
66th - William Nylander, RW TOR ... 82 games 20 goals 41 assists 61 points

Totals ............. 226 games .. 76 goals .. 117 assists .. 193 points [ = .336 Goals/g & .854 Points/g]

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Blanche Blanche said:
Can someone explain this to me...

NFL - New England Patriots deflated footballs to give their team an advantage. History of cheating actually with hidden cameras too.

It was a dig at the city.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
It's always great to win Game 1 in Boston. It sets the tone and their fans are known to be very quiet once they lose a game at home.
Yeah, splitting the first two games in Boston at the very least will be huge.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Not good enough. We get swept you stop posting for the entire offseason and the entire season next year. Ditto for me.

If he won’t, i’ll take that bet. You’d have to admit being a faux-Leafs fan first before jumping accounts though.

Klinton

Feb 6, 2017
Both teams have speed and skill. It will be up to the goalies to win this series. Will probably go 6-7 and a few overtime games. The truth is; Boston is more scared of playing us than any other team. We are just building on experience for our young stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad